So Cudi and Drake are gettin their love, but what about my boy Big Sean?

Everyone talks about Kid Cudi and Drake as being two of the hottest rappers out right now, but IMO Big Sean ( who signed with Kanye and GOOD Music) is betterthan both of them. Take a look at his UKNOWBIGSEAN mixtape. You can download that from his website too. Peep this track right here and tell me he doesn'tkill this kanye track.

I aint tryna hype dude up, but he is probably the most talented rapper I've hear in a while.

He's ok...but there's nothing "special" about him.

His bread and butter is going to be composition and the type of production he gets. I enjoyed UKNOWBIGSEAN...but it was moreso the type of beats he choserather than his mic skills.

Not sure about the Cudi comparison because he's not a rapper...and I don't know about being better than Drake either...at least not what Drake iscapable off (pre-Wayne era)

definantly not better than drake or cudi...i have both mixtapes...not bad @ all...

i was just about to make a thread sayin where is dude at???...he had that hype on NT for a min then vamoose..

Originally Posted by Im Not You

This
ohwell.gif

Cudi aint a rapper, so he dont count. From what I heard off his mixtape, aint in to that type of music. "Cleveland Is The Reason" is the only song Ilike from him. Sean can outspit Drake, but Drake has shown he is capable of making better music that can reach mainstream.

I agree with him not being able to really stand out. He came around at the wrong time, a lot of similar rappers in his lane on that same "swag".He's in the background of the Wale's/Cudi's etc of the world, his buzz has always been on the 2nd tier to that group.

And he's been releasing vids of him in the stu with No I.D for his album - as far as "where is he now".

"Way Out" feat. Mr. Hudson should finally give him his much needed exposure.

I've been checking for dude (no penny) since i heard him on back to the feature

i still dont get the Cudi hype but out of these new cats Drake makes the best Music

I thought he was trash, but I gave UKnowBigSean a good listen and I've come to the conclusion that he's
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by CaptainSpaulding

Detroit get no love thats why

Eminem anyone... but that is neither here nor there.

Big Sean is cool and all but I don't think he has the it factor, kinda like twista. Twista can rap but he has no mainstream appeal. I know your going tosay Twista had "overnight celebrity and slow jamz" but anyone could have jumped on those songs and they would have had hits on their hands.

Originally Posted by RedMan

One person from the D doesn't mean the Detroit gets love. How many ppl you think actually knows where Eminem is from?
laugh.gif

Anyway, Big Sean is better than Cudi and he's just as good if not better than Drake lyrically but overall his music isn't gonna get him to break in tomainstream. He'll need an actual hit and a bigger Kanye co-sign.

Overall he isn't THAT good like the two you mentioned anyway.

Big Sean is cool and all but I don't think he has the it factor, kinda like twista. Twista can rap but he has no mainstream appeal. I know your going to say Twista had "overnight celebrity and slow jamz" but anyone could have jumped on those songs and they would have had hits on their hands.

Blade Icewood anyone ? I highly doubt it on NT

RIP Great Lake Ruler

Originally Posted by Im Not You

pretty much.
and sometimes his voice / flow can get annoying.

Like others have stated, he's just like everyone else. There are 100's of Big Sean's out there. His damn name isn't even original lol. He'sgot a lot of competition out there as far as the new emcee goes and he does nothing different or better than his competitors.

Originally Posted by KTaylor

to be honest the only thing i heard from dude is go getcha some.

yep. although I did like that track a lot when it came out

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

And he's been releasing vids of him in the stu with No I.D for his album - as far as "where is he now".
not gonna lie though, i wanna hear the final product. sounded like No I.D. laced him nice.

Big Sean def got some fire.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I can really hear this guy threw Kanye's latest verses also.
smh.gif

Big Sean is nice and both mixtapes are
pimp.gif

He just needs that one hit song and he will get the attention he deserves soon enough.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

CaptainSpaulding wrote:

One person from the D doesn't mean the Detroit gets love. How many ppl you think actually knows where Eminem is from?
laugh.gif

Anyway, Big Sean is better than Cudi and he's just as good if not better than Drake lyrically but overall his music isn't gonna get him to break in to mainstream. He'll need an actual hit and a bigger Kanye co-sign.

Overall he isn't THAT good like the two you mentioned anyway.

Who doesn't know he is from the D? Hell he was even in a movie called 8 Mile:lol:lol. That one artist is the second highest selling rap artist ever behind2 Pac give Em 1 or two more cds and he might be the highest selling rap artist of all time.

Back
Top Bottom