So Cudi and Drake are gettin their love, but what about my boy Big Sean?

Originally Posted by RedMan

Who doesn't know he is from the D? Hell he was even in a movie called 8 Mile:lol:lol. That one artist is the second highest selling rap artist ever behind 2 Pac give Em 1 or two more cds and he might be the highest selling rap artist of all time.
You'd be surprised
laugh.gif
I've heard ppl tell me someridiculous states and ppl who simply do not know.

Regardless there still aint no love for Detroit like that in hip hop. You should've said Dilla or Slum or Royce or Black and a couple other names butit's not even comparable to the Chi.

Big Sean is in the same group as them right now.

but look at it this way- Lebron and Carmello both came in with Dwyane Wade and were the most hyped in the draft...

but D Wade was the first to a title...

Dudes sleeping on Big Sean right now,they are all caught up on Drake and Cudi and Big Sean is blown to the back burner. which is cool because Drake and Cudiboth have crazy talent and deserve their shine. but dudes flow and witty lines are SERIOUS. give him the right production, cause he has the hunger. he will gethis lime of light soon enough. just keep him on your radar...

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Big Sean is in the same group as them right now.

but look at it this way- Lebron and Carmello both came in with Dwyane Wade and were the most hyped in the draft...

but D Wade was the first to a title...

Dudes sleeping on Big Sean right now,they are all caught up on Drake and Cudi and Big Sean is blown to the back burner. which is cool because Drake and Cudi both have crazy talent and deserve their shine. but dudes flow and witty lines are SERIOUS. give him the right production, cause he has the hunger. he will get his lime of light soon enough. just keep him on your radar...

How we gonna keep him on our radar when he dont put out enough material? There's too many hot producers out here for dudes to be on the back burner.

He is on G.O.O.D Music. He needs to start making more moves or doing SOMETHING. Maybe after this Cudi album drops well hear and see more from him.

Regardless there still aint no love for Detroit like that in hip hop. You should've said Dilla or Slum or Royce or Black and a couple other names but it's not even comparable to the Chi.

?
The Chi dont get no love from the industry either. Both cities are in the same boat (Ive made a thread about this before) - The whole midwest actually: StreetRappers cant get on. Detroit has had success with conscious/backpack/underground rap getting love, just as Chicago has. Detroit has never had a rapper from thecity blow that really embodies our inner-city, just like Chicago, with the exception of Twista, and I've heard a lot of Chi N's talk down on hisstatus.

And everybody knows Em is from The D, he's branded the city as identification as well as any rapper has ever done it. Eminem and Detroit are as synomouswith eachother as NWA and Compton.

I dig Big sean stuff.. he has mainstream appeal.. but Drizzy & cudi have billboard songs that can break top 10..

Big Sean doesnt.. and i do not think he will....

How we gonna keep him on our radar when he dont put out enough material? There's too many hot producers out here for dudes to be on the back burner.

He is on G.O.O.D Music. He needs to start making more moves or doing SOMETHING. Maybe after this Cudi album drops well hear and see more from him.
Wayne & Gucci got yall N's heads %!@*$+ up...

you rather see him flood the scene with throwaway music?

FSD has been posting vids of him working with top producers for his album. If yall not catching those vids, you cant blame him for you not checking for it lol. I havent even watched them, but I see they are being posted. Him & GLC is next up afterCudi, if he's gonna ever drop, this will be the push now.

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

FSD has been posting vids of him working with top producers for his album. If yall not catching those vids, you cant blame him for you not checking for it lol. I havent even watched them, but I see they are being posted. Him & GLC is next up after Cudi, if he's gonna ever drop, this will be the push now.

Has he even dropped ONE single song since the mixtape UKNOWBIGSEAN dropped? Nah he hasn't. I been catching those video's and those areold. like a year ago or more. They JUST dropped the Getcha Some video and that song was a year and change old...

Point is. He ain't doing enough... When he first came out he was doing his thing, now he just coasting...that coasting he doing is hurting him... Like isaid who holds onto music now? its not 1999 no more
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

Originally Posted by EzFlash26

FSD has been posting vids of him working with top producers for his album. If yall not catching those vids, you cant blame him for you not checking for it lol. I havent even watched them, but I see they are being posted. Him & GLC is next up after Cudi, if he's gonna ever drop, this will be the push now.
Has he even dropped ONE single song since the mixtape UKNOWBIGSEAN dropped? Nah he hasn't. I been catching those video's and those are old. like a year ago or more. They JUST dropped the Getcha Some video and that song was a year and change old...

Point is. He ain't doing enough... When he first came out he was doing his thing, now he just coasting...that coasting he doing is hurting him... Like i said who holds onto music now? its not 1999 no more
laugh.gif

QFT you need to "introduce" yourself and put a stamp onto the rap game with Track(s) but maybe Kanye is holding him back and waiting for2010 to kill the game?
ohwell.gif

Heard a bunch of dudes stuff as a matter of fact the phrase "Sean Big, problem too big...trig." is incorporated as slang/catch phrase for me and myfriends. Also "My hands is Halmark."
laugh.gif
With that said.....dudeis insanely average. I'm glad he got a shot and signed but I wont be checking/buying his album come release date.

-The Juice

How people complaining about checking for Cudi and Drake but not Sean when they're giving people reasons to check for them?

Like Sosa said, he on hiatus like he "Finally Famous".

You not "famous" yet, stop frontin' and stuntin'. That's the problem with dudes nowadays. They think cause they signed the deal thatthey immediately on. Nah, you not on, fam. Put your work in and your work out, word to DRAKE and CUDI.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

How people complaining about checking for Cudi and Drake but not Sean when they're giving people reasons to check for them?

You not "famous" yet, stop frontin' and stuntin'. That's the problem with dudes nowadays. They think cause they signed the deal that they immediately on. Nah, you not on, fam. Put your work in and your work out, word to DRAKE and CUDI.
wow you just missed his whole idea on Finnally famous

but Big Sean is ill
way better than drake

Yeah I think when his album "finally Famous" comes out we can judge him better, but I'll still take either of Sean's mixtapes over Cudi'sand Drakes.

but what sucks is his supposed mainstream song, "Get'cha some" is probably his most garbage song lol. So dudes be gettin the wrong impression.

Hopefully he starts putting out more material/vids to get himself more well known.

Originally Posted by 1C3M4M

Glenwood
pimp.gif

This. This is the first song I heard from him and after that I was a fan. I don't think he's better than Drake but he has some real talent. Cant waitfor the album to drop
pimp.gif

Honestly, I don't know what YE saw in Big Sean..

I liked the UKNOWBIGSEAN mixtape, but seriously dude is average at best.

And whoever said he better than Drake ON ANY LEVEL needs to slap them self.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Honestly, I don't know what YE saw in Big Sean..

I liked the UKNOWBIGSEAN mixtape, but seriously dude is average at best.

And whoever said he better than Drake ON ANY LEVEL needs to slap them self.
lol if anything Drake has unnecessary hype. I mean he's cool in all and he got talent, but Big Sean has metaphors for days and I thinkhe's definitely lyrically better than Drake. So I guess I'll slap myself right now, but just remember that popularity and mainstream exposure don'tmake a person better. If anything, Drake is riding on Wayne's tail. Big Sean just needs Kanye to focus more on him now, maybe after cudi's album dropsthen we'll see it.

You not "famous" yet, stop frontin' and stuntin'. That's the problem with dudes nowadays. They think cause they signed the deal that they immediately on. Nah, you not on, fam. Put your work in and your work out, word to DRAKE and CUDI.
i totally agree

Looks like he actually has recently been in the studio with No I.D though.

Originally Posted by Sqant0

wow you just missed his whole idea on Finnally famous

but Big Sean is ill
way better than drake

Nah I didn't miss the idea behind "Finally Famous", I just didn't fall for that bull %+#% reason he gave for saying he's "FinallyFamous". That %+#% is corny and I mentioned in my past post. Seems you missed the whole idea behind me saying dudes think they "FinallyFamous" just cause they signed a deal and put a couple luke warm mixtapes out. If that's what dudes are settling for and making their highestexpectations then move to the side and let N's who wanna really go in, go in.

Back
Top Bottom