So Have Christians Completely Thrown Out The "Sex Before Marriage" Rule?

damnTHOSEjs wrote:
5. DC, you're the most shallow minded, most ignorant NTer I've ever witnessed post on this board...and I've been here 9 years. I hope you're not like this in person. I don't know on how a person could be a friend to someone like you (based on how you express your thoughts on topics and the generalizations you continue to make on certain groups of people).

i wouldn't say he's shallow but homie def. seems like he has a lot to learn even tho he's probably in his early to mid 20s...any older and he might be a lost cause
laugh.gif

he'll ask a question like he wants a genuine answer or discussion then goes on to tell you you're wrong and makes the biggest generalizations off of how he feels things are or should be...more than likely his friends are just like him

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

It seems that EVERYONE ignores this one. Even die hard Cross-boys. I mean they are against abortion, and they believe all sins are equal, yet they ignore the fact that sex before marriage is "wrong."

Is this rule even in existence? I guess your man God is evolutionary right?
To use the words "completely" and "everyone" in your post in screaming Ignorance right now.
I guess you don't know enough people.
ohwell.gif

But then again I see where you're coming from...

Many Christian's don't live in there own bubble either man.  I mean the common temptations effect Christians equally just as they would any other person.  No ones perfect.

Now...sleeping with people left and right? That's just immoral regardless of religion IMO.

Oh and the homosexuality thing...
it's easy for us (Christians) to call it a sin but then again...

Me personally? I can't explain why I'm attracted to girls.
There's no way I'm gonna ask someone else to explain why they are attracted to the same sex.

One of my friends (who's homosexual) told me straight up.
"You think I wanna be like this? You think I woke up and just decided to be like this? I know a lotta people hate my orientation, so why would I choose to be hated..."

After that, I never questioned it again.

Oh and the homosexuality thing...
it's easy for us (Christians) to call it a sin but then again...

Me personally? I can't explain why I'm attracted to girls.
There's no way I'm gonna ask someone else to explain why they are attracted to the same sex.

One of my friends (who's homosexual) told me straight up.
"You think I wanna be like this? You think I woke up and just decided to be like this? I know a lotta people hate my orientation, so why would I choose to be hated..."

After that, I never questioned it again.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by withapassion

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

LOL most christians sin daily, it isn't limited to adultery and sex before marriage. If you're catholic you have the luxury of confession and forgiveness so you can go back to your life of sin.
most christians?  i think we all sin
If you're not religious it's not called sinning.

Yes, I know it's a generalization but it is a CORRECT generalization....most christians (like most humans) sin daily. Now what you consider a sin varies based on your religion/ values.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by withapassion

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

LOL most christians sin daily, it isn't limited to adultery and sex before marriage. If you're catholic you have the luxury of confession and forgiveness so you can go back to your life of sin.
most christians?  i think we all sin
If you're not religious it's not called sinning.

Yes, I know it's a generalization but it is a CORRECT generalization....most christians (like most humans) sin daily. Now what you consider a sin varies based on your religion/ values.

No real answers are gonna get made on this thread. The people who aren't smashing by choice aren't gonna chime in because they'll get made fun of, just way too onesided

No real answers are gonna get made on this thread. The people who aren't smashing by choice aren't gonna chime in because they'll get made fun of, just way too onesided

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

damnTHOSEjs wrote:
5. DC, you're the most shallow minded, most ignorant NTer I've ever witnessed post on this board...and I've been here 9 years. I hope you're not like this in person. I don't know on how a person could be a friend to someone like you (based on how you express your thoughts on topics and the generalizations you continue to make on certain groups of people).
i wouldn't say he's shallow but homie def. seems like he has a lot to learn even tho he's probably in his early to mid 20s...any older and he might be a lost cause
laugh.gif

he'll ask a question like he wants a genuine answer or discussion then goes on to tell you you're wrong and makes the biggest generalizations off of how he feels things are or should be...more than likely his friends are just like him

ah, you're right about that...or they just keep it to themselves that they hate the dude's mentality about anything.

I really wished he just stuck with Sports/Training forum. General forum is something he needs to keep his hands off (or thoughts).

damnTHOSEjs wrote:
laugh.gif

ah, you're right about that...or they just keep it to themselves that they hate the dude's mentality about anything.

I really wished he just stuck with Sports/Training forum. General forum is something he needs to keep his hands off (or thoughts).

Ive met plenty of girls who claim their saving it for marriage, it's funny cause i kno they had sex plenty of times before.(even oral is considered sex)

I wouldnt exactly say its thrown out, some people do save it for marriage and some pick and choose what they want.

Ive met plenty of girls who claim their saving it for marriage, it's funny cause i kno they had sex plenty of times before.(even oral is considered sex)

I wouldnt exactly say its thrown out, some people do save it for marriage and some pick and choose what they want.

lol you can ask for forgiveness all you want. but we all commit sin knowingly and willingly. with the same ol excuse of imma ask for forgiveness later. lol. With that said.. WSS

lol you can ask for forgiveness all you want. but we all commit sin knowingly and willingly. with the same ol excuse of imma ask for forgiveness later. lol. With that said.. WSS

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

so then what should we as christians (or any other religion) do?

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

so then what should we as christians (or any other religion) do?

damnTHOSEjs wrote:

damnTHOSEjs wrote:
laugh.gif

I've noticed this tactic among the more insecure NT'er, those who love to talk about a poster, as if he is not responding to the post, as if your opinion of the poster actually matters. 

Now in regard to the topic, hypocritical Christians tend to be selective about what they will follow, in regard to what the lord suggests. They are Christians of convenience, which lends itself to the overall hypocrisy of religion itself.

Edit: Below is an example of one of those hypocrites.

damnTHOSEjs wrote:

damnTHOSEjs wrote:
laugh.gif

I've noticed this tactic among the more insecure NT'er, those who love to talk about a poster, as if he is not responding to the post, as if your opinion of the poster actually matters. 

Now in regard to the topic, hypocritical Christians tend to be selective about what they will follow, in regard to what the lord suggests. They are Christians of convenience, which lends itself to the overall hypocrisy of religion itself.

Edit: Below is an example of one of those hypocrites.

So, let's add this to the discussion! Where she says Police, insert moderator, then see who this reminds you of....
laugh.gif

So, let's add this to the discussion! Where she says Police, insert moderator, then see who this reminds you of....
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Oh I understand that but I was speaking of sexual related sins. Why knock abortion but not knock sex before marriage. I mean is this even taught anymore is my question. In Church? In Sunday School? They have no problems saying being homosexual is wrong but do they even speak on this topic as being wrong?
1. Pre marital sex is still a "sin" according to the Catholic church
2. Yes, it's still taught everywhere
3. I'm Catholic and have no problems with homosexuals. I'm proud to say I'm not homophobic.
4. I know it's wrong but I don't wag my fingers to anyone.

preach!

Back
Top Bottom