So I Got A Ticket (Help)

I got a petty $50 ticket because I didn't have my headlights on. Anyways what I am worried about is if I get a point off my license or not. I asked theofficer and at first he said yea then he said no like 2 minutes later. Dude was obviously was a rookie. Does anybody know I am from Maryland by the way.

You get a ticket for not having headlights on?

roll.gif

I dont believe is a points violation. At what time did you get the ticket man?

^Last night around 11 I just got done balling and just forgot to put them on.

$50??????
mad.gif

I got like a $100 or $200 ticket for not having my lights on. I forgot which but it was hella.

I think they only take points off if you're found to be doing something that could be dangerous beyond not having lights on. Like, speeding.

I'm not sure, though.

i heard people driving without lights on were doing it for like gang initiations.

gangster?

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

$50??????
mad.gif

I got like a $100 or $200 ticket for not having my lights on. I forgot which but it was hella.

Points off?

Originally Posted by parada45

Originally Posted by SUCKAFREE85

$50??????
mad.gif

Points off?
Honestly. I think I did have points on my record. This was like 3 years ago though.

But im in CA.

It's pretty dangerous drivig at night with no lights. Just call your insurance place, or court, mom, dad whatever and ask. And if you remember the pigsname just tell em he said points won't be taken off.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

i heard people driving without lights on were doing it for like gang initiations.

gangster?

I am latino with long hair dude probably thought I was ms13 lol.

yo i dont mean to thread jack but no point in making a new post right?
I got 2 tickets coming back from Long Island on the L.I.E. on or around exits 37-39
I was doing 86 on a 55 and unsafe lane switching
whats the number of points on my license for that?

not sure call a lawyer and ask him if so you could pay a little more for lawyer fees and they will take of it so that no points will be deducted

ID BE PISSED!

if anything cop would pull you over, ask you know why he pulled you over, check you out, turn on ya headlights and youre all clear. simple mistake people dosometimes.

ID BE PISSED!

stories like this get me vexxed B.

thats not like a moving violation is it.., im pretty sure there is no points..who cares neway. yall ns act like its ther end of of the world when u get aticket

Originally Posted by mdresident

thats not like a moving violation is it.., im pretty sure there is no points..who cares neway. yall ns act like its ther end of of the world when u get a ticket

maybe you enjoy giving away money.

i always fight tickets, an yes they make me mad. save the its your fault. that cop coulda gave the kid a break. an point are a big deal thats what is questionseems to be about not really the 50 bucks

Originally Posted by Lex Rockhead

If I got a summons for a loud muffler when i go to court will they checc to see if i fixed it?

They were supposed to give you a fix it ticket right?

and to the OP, Yes you do get a point if you get stopped for your lights. But this is in CA. It maybe different where you live.

how were you able to see if your headlights were off? how did you not notice? that's a weird @+% thing to do....

anyways, i'm in MD too... i'm looking at an unpaid ticket right now
laugh.gif
... they list all the different types of moving violations on here and... nope, not a moving violation.

Originally Posted by bright nikes

gangster?

supposively the crips or bloods (one of them) as part of initiation make you drive around with your headlights off and the first person to flash their highbeams to let you know your lights are off you're supposed to pull a U-turn and kill them...I think its a myth tho. driving with your headlights off atnight is a moving violation, if the cop shows up to court you're screwed, and hit with court fees.

Back
Top Bottom