So I have a ebay auction ending in 4hrs and the high bidder wants to retract his bid....

Is he asking me to cancel his bid because ebay wont allow him due to the auction almost being over?

Should I just cancel his bid?  or is there something better I can do?

Sounds like he wont pay you if he wins. Go ahead and cancel it, and hope the 2nd place guy follows through and doesnt waste your time as well.

at least he contacted you ahead of time rather then winning the auction then giving you the run around. retract his bid but give him a lecture on wasting peoples time.

thanks for making this thread, b/c im watching something on ebay that ends in 1 day and 20 hours....

lame...I canceled it.
dropped the auction price by $30.

Seems ebay is setup for the buyers now.

Originally Posted by 5thGearidah

lame...I canceled it.

that it is,      i could bid on all your items right now if i wanted to, not pay and leave you negative feedback and it would take forever to get the negative feedback removed and you couldn't leave me negative feedback in return.

i could win your auction and decide not to pay but it's ok with ebay as long as they got your fee money.  yeah i just wasted 7 days of your time or however many days you listed the auction for but ebay doesn't care.

thats why i use ebay as a last resort to sell.

lame...I canceled it.

next time don't cancel the high bidders bids and just sell to the next highest bidder w/ a second chance offer if you want...if you didn't get as much as you wanted then you're under no obligation

you can get your final value fee back and you're only taking a loss on the insertion fees

lame...I canceled it.

mad.gif
 Tell me about it

ya ebay is definetly a awsome place to get good deals on stuff. ive never sold on ebay but i can see how it caters to the buyers

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

lame...I canceled it.

next time don't cancel the high bidders bids and just sell to the next highest bidder w/ a second chance offer if you want...if you didn't get as much as you wanted then you're under no obligation

you can get your final value fee back and you're only taking a loss on the insertion fees
exactly but...

i wouldn't offer the second chance offer.  i would send the next highest bidder a message with an offer and if we agree on a price i ll set up an auction for .01.  and the rest can be added to the shipping cost or buyer can send you the rest through paypal as a separate transaction.   

Originally Posted by Breakyaneck3000

Originally Posted by Crumps Brother

lame...I canceled it.

exactly but...

i wouldn't offer the second chance offer.  i would send the next highest bidder a message with an offer and if we agree on a price i ll set up an auction for .01.  and the rest can be added to the shipping cost or buyer can send you the rest through paypal as a separate transaction.   
Or he could be ghey and report you.  I hate second chance offers also, it makes buyers look bad sometimes because people may think you were shill bidding.  Ebay sucks balls.

I bid on some Jordan's a couple years ago and then realized they were fakes, so I emailed the seller to cancel my bid like 3 days before the auction was over. The seller never cancelled my high bid and I never paid for them, of course. He asked me to pay his listing fees after the auction ended, I was like no way.

Back
Top Bottom