So I have an interview at a Nike Factory Store on Wednesday..

You guys have any advice? What type of questions are they going to ask, will me knowing Nike product and technology be of help? I use to work at a boutiquehere in Vegas but quit so I feel like I had an advantage in dealing with product. I'm mad nervous because i've been trying to get in at Nike for years
laugh.gif
. I know loser
laugh.gif

Seriously though, does anybody have anything that could help me? Dress attire? Questions I might encounter? anything would be appreciated.

for your attire, you should totally rock a business look but throw on some rare jordans or something haha. that would be sick.

Originally Posted by OrenthalJames

How did you get the interview?
-The Juice
Online application. I applied over a month ago called a week after i sent it in they said they were no longer hiring, today I'm sitting hereworking on my GD project and they call and ask if i'm still interested.

I worked for a factory store forever ago, but the interview was hilarious.
1. If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be?
2. 3 people you would have dinner with, dead or alive?
3. If you saw someone stealing, what would be your plan of action?

After getting the job, I was told there's no right answer to any of these, just better than, ya know?

My advice, you would be wise to say you'd be a nike shoe and explain in detail (product knowledge) why
3 people is to more test your maturity- obviously, no need to mention how badly you wanna meat Megan Fox...

be yourself, have an idea of what schedule you want to work/ be as flexible with scheduling as possible, you'll be fine.

good luck!

they probably going to ask you about how you interact with people and work in a team environment because you're pretty much gonna be on the sales floor andinteracting with customers. Just tell them how good you are with people and how you love working as a team to accomplish a goal. That's pretty much it.

just dress business casual, button up, slacks, dress shoes.

you should get this job easily if you're really confident

Good luck

Originally Posted by Infamousforareason

After getting the job, I was told there's no right answer to any of these, just better than, ya know?

My advice, you would be wise to say you'd be a nike shoe and explain in detail (product knowledge) why
3 people is to more test your maturity- obviously, no need to mention how badly you wanna meat Megan Fox...

be yourself, have an idea of what schedule you want to work/ be as flexible with scheduling as possible, you'll be fine.

good luck!
laugh.gif

oh yea another thing, they like people with open availability meaning that their schedule is open, work any time...any day. If you go to school they'llunderstand.

they probably going to ask you about how you interact with people and work in a team environment because you're pretty much gonna be on the sales floor and interacting with customers. Just tell them how good you are with people and how you love working as a team to accomplish a goal. That's pretty much it.

just dress business casual, button up, slacks, dress shoes.

you should get this job easily if you're really confident

Goodluck, dont forget about NT!
laugh.gif

Didnt dress up for my interview but still looked presentable. Asked me basic questions that any other company id be applying forwould ask in a normal interview. Interview lasted all of maybe 10 minutes at most. Me having shoe knowledge didnt play any part in me getting the job and didntreally matter to them. Worked there for a year and the discount was cool but the actual job was whack. Hated passing out mesh bags.

Originally Posted by bbrroowwnnssuuggaarr

Didnt dress up for my interview but still looked presentable. Asked me basic questions that any other company id be applying for would ask in a normal interview. Interview lasted all of maybe 10 minutes at most. Me having shoe knowledge didnt play any part in me getting the job and didnt really matter to them. Worked there for a year and the discount was cool but the actual job was whack. Hated passing out mesh bags.
laugh.gif
ahhh the good ole mesh bags. I feel ya pain man.

Originally Posted by Infamousforareason

good luck!
roll.gif
my manager once asked me to accompany him in an interview, and we just tried to come up with the most off the wall scenarios and questions
It was hilarious

Be ready for a group interview fam, dont get nervous, try to bring a pen/paper and write down your answer so your prepared.

They are most likely going to ask scenario questions, like if this and this happened, what would you do.
And use your boutique experience as an advantage, display your work activities and try to relate it to the Factory Job as much as possible because that is ahuge advantage.

Just dress casual, be chill and relax.

If you think you nailed it, try calling back if you aren't called back within a week, they probably go through so many interviews they forget faces/namesso calling back would also help you out alot...hoped i helped!

Back
Top Bottom