So i just got a speeding ticket....

if you want u can do like i did... and wait till its almost 60 days to send in the ticket with ur denial, then get ur court date... which is even longerbehind. Go to court and hope the cop dont show up and they throw out all ur tickets
smile.gif
yippies... for me.

The last speeding ticket I received was in January of 2006, and I got clocked doing 39mph over the posted speed limit. The officer also gave me a recklessdriving ticket. The officer told me that any and all speeding in excess of 24 mph of the posted speed limit will also result in a reckless driving ticket (atleast in GA). I ended up paying $648 for both tickets. The speeding ticket was $330 by itself, and the reckless driving was $318.

This incident took place back home, which is Atlanta, GA for me. I am not quite sure if the fines are as stiff in other states, but I do know that Virginia hasvery stiff fines for speeding.

Lol you messed up...45 in a 15?

Especially on a college campus where the limit is usually about 20 (campus wide) like it is here at UF.

Camp police are always lurking.

Your school might be different, but I got a ticket from the campus police earlier in the semester and all I had to do was go to the Transportation Servicesoffice and pay the fine. The city wasn't brought into it at all, it was just the school.

Originally Posted by qwerty330

go to court and pay the fine so you dont get points.
so if i pay the fine, i wont get any points?
how much would that raise my bros insurance?

go to court to pay the fine that covers the ticket and traffic school...THEN you wont get points..

Camp police are always lurking.
yea seriously...
i didnt even see him...my buddy in the back of the car said he was camped behind a tree on the other side of the road and made a uturn with the quickness
im pretty sure i wasnt going at 45 either but if i was i couldnt have been at that speed for more than 3 seconds cause i stopped at a red light at the end ofthe road
i decided on going to court and asking for traffic school hopefully no points

if you JUST pay the fine the point will go on your record, if you go to traffic school which costs just as much as the ticket in most cases you will not geta point

Originally Posted by funkdoctor73

Its your first ticket...just pay the fine and ask for traffic school.. You wont get any points on your driving record if you are eligible and complete traffic school...

fyi, Campus cops are real cops that are basically demoted..

Angel

Or real cops that want to ease in to retirement. Since when is it a demotion?

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

45 in a 15.
indifferent.gif
yea man, that is OD, but i can't talk, i got a ticket on the 1st of March, and i was pissed as hell, i have 2 pay it really soon also, afterreading this thread i learned some usefull info, Alot of the NT'ers were saying 2 give them a sad story, will do

i was going 81 in a 30, but it was in a tunnell, who the *!#+ does the speed limit in a tunnel, AWWWW man..

great thread though

Back
Top Bottom