So I just put my dog to sleep yesterday vol. sucks like hell...

Hurts like hell man... to all you who have pets-especially dogs, know what i mean.... She was my mom's dog but i was the one whowas taking care of her (i.e. feeding, bathing, etc.) I had her for 15 years and i know she lived a full life, but that still doesn't mean it doesn'tsuck...
ohwell.gif
she wasn't able to walk that often anymore, shedidn't eat for like a week, and things got so bad that she couldn't even go outside to pee anymore- she would just pee where she would be laying down.the doc said that she was in bad shape. her lungs weren't functioning fully (she had a cough for the longest time) and he said that we could spend themoney to try and get her treated but he still wouldn't know how long she would last that much longer if we did. he said the best thing to do was put her tosleep. She was just basically old and her body was breaking down. I just hope she understands that it was the best for her and that she doesn't think wejust "threw her away". i keep thinking that what if she didn't want to be put to sleep ya know? i hope she isn't mad at us for doing this itwas better for her to be put to sleep than to suffer anymore.... sorry for the long read ya'll, and i don't plan on getting a blog.... Here's a picof her at the vet's before we put her to sleep...

RIP Bambi 1992-2007

Sucks.. we get at least one of these posts every 2-3 months vol. I've been here for a while.

Cant even imagine. I have a dog with short life expectancy(english bulldog). I know I will cry like a little girl.

Sorry to hear about your dog, sounds like she led a long like though. I don't even want to think about that day.

Sorry to hear that big1236.

Man everytime I read one of these posts, I hate thinking about that day I have to put my pet to sleep.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Ghenges

Sucks.. we get at least one of these posts every 2-3 months vol. I've been here for a while.
laugh.gif
this man is adding Vol. something something to each of hispost

Very sorry to hear.

I have bad luck with our pets. I found my grandma's cat dead one night. I don't even know how long she had him. Then 2 months ago, I wake up to mydog making loud whining noises (kinda sounded like he was barking cause he always had a high pitch bark) so I run up the stairs to the living room and there heis lying there. It was tough.

RIP. It really is like losing a family member.. As an aspiring veterinarian, this is one procedure I'm not gonna look forward to.
frown.gif

And I see where the name Bambi comes from.. those big ears are so adorable!

I had to put down my rottie when she had cancer. It's terrible. But at the same time your freeing your friend from suffering.

My first family dog was a Chihuaha mix. We put her down on Christmas Eve because my mom was afraid she would die overnight and we would find her dead onchristmas day.

Originally Posted by ImmaGetMine

lol @ b strong... maybe i dont know what the attachment to a pet can b like...

indifferent.gif

Pets are like one of your family members. I've hadmy dog for almost 2 years, and I'm already attached. I know that when the lil guy dies, I'm gonna be heartbroken.
frown.gif

i had to do this back in august. It was like all of a sudden my dog couldnt walk or eat. It was the hardest thing i ever had to do in my life. It wasespecially hard for my mom because he was so attached to her. There wasnt anything we could do, he needed a blood transfusion but wouldnt be able to take painkillers which he was living off of, it was so hard to see him in that condition in the hospital, he was barking so loud right before, we didnt know if wasbarking because he wanted to come home or not... I havent really recovered since, we lost a family member and a friend...

Originally Posted by TheGift23

Sorry to hear that big1236.

Man everytime I read one of these posts, I hate thinking about that day I have to put my pet to sleep.
frown.gif

co sign. i dont wanna think about it, but my cat is gettin old
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by the821empire

Originally Posted by Ghenges

laugh.gif
this man is adding Vol. something something to each of his post

laugh.gif
quoting his#!+$

Sorry to hear man, my aunt is putting her dog down, and she's had it for like 14 or 13 years also

Well wake he old%**@ up then... we got a game to win!

Sorry man... I was watching Waterboy. Sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom