So I just rolled my ankle

How the hell do i treat this? It happened about 3 hours ago. One of the dudes playing there laced my sneaker up really tight to keep down the swelling but I was afraid that it would cut off circulation to my foot and make matters worse. Now I'm having a harder time walking and the swelling has just about doubled. I'm icing now but I want to know what else I should do

How the hell do i treat this? It happened about 3 hours ago. One of the dudes playing there laced my sneaker up really tight to keep down the swelling but I was afraid that it would cut off circulation to my foot and make matters worse. Now I'm having a harder time walking and the swelling has just about doubled. I'm icing now but I want to know what else I should do

Rest it, ice it, compress it and elevate it. I rolled my ankle about 2 weeks ago, and after 4 days, I was at 90% and felt comfortable on the court. I don't know if it was just me or not, but my ankle felt a lot better when I exercised it a little, compared to just resting it.

Rest it, ice it, compress it and elevate it. I rolled my ankle about 2 weeks ago, and after 4 days, I was at 90% and felt comfortable on the court. I don't know if it was just me or not, but my ankle felt a lot better when I exercised it a little, compared to just resting it.

Yeah, he tied it tight so that it wouldn't get swollen
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

If it's still swollen after 5+ days, get acupuncture. Or get acupuncture tomorrow. Does wonders.

If it's still swollen after 5+ days, get acupuncture. Or get acupuncture tomorrow. Does wonders.

As a man who has suffered numerous ankle rolls here's my advice:
1. Don't baby it, walk it
2. Stretch it out, move it around when just sitting around.  Draw circles, write the alphabet with your toes
3. Ice brings down the initial swelling, but not really useful after that.

As a man who has suffered numerous ankle rolls here's my advice:
1. Don't baby it, walk it
2. Stretch it out, move it around when just sitting around.  Draw circles, write the alphabet with your toes
3. Ice brings down the initial swelling, but not really useful after that.

Originally Posted by moneymike88

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you must not play sports much huh?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

QFT
Man up and it'll be fine by Friday

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

QFT
Man up and it'll be fine by Friday

Had a really bad sprain last year...was out for a week. Basically, RICE it for a couple days then try and walk on it gently and increase the pressure gradually to gain your strength back in that ankle.

Had a really bad sprain last year...was out for a week. Basically, RICE it for a couple days then try and walk on it gently and increase the pressure gradually to gain your strength back in that ankle.

Stretching out your ankle 2-3 days after a bad sprain feels great. Its not really pain, its more of a...well I cant really explain it. Just feels good.

Back
Top Bottom