So I just stopped by 53rd and 6th...

That place always hits the spot for me. Everytime I visit NYC, I'll always make sure to stop by there at least once.

Originally Posted by NYfly1

yall get food on a corner??
huslers are slangin platters and doggy bags now?

indifferent.gif
u sure u from NY?

this place sounds amazing...unfortunately we don't have stands like that...but we do have taco shops so i guess it's an even trade
pimp.gif

in all honesty the chicken n rice stand on 53rd n 6th was at its peak a few years ago. now there are no lines, dry rice, less food, $6 for a plate, and thedude charged me a dollar more for extra white sauce... i like my spot on homelawn and hillside better. or sammys in jackson heights is pretty amazing too.

Yea, i mean it has changed esp the pricing and how they pack the sauces separately and its not as good as it used to be. Still not bad though

in all honesty the chicken n rice stand on 53rd n 6th was at its peak a few years ago. now there are no lines, dry rice, less food, $6 for a plate, and the dude charged me a dollar more for extra white sauce... i like my spot on homelawn and hillside better. or sammys in jackson heights is pretty amazing too.
ehhhhh wrong. line is still popping

Originally Posted by PJ and Bompton

this place sounds amazing...unfortunately we don't have stands like that...but we do have taco shops so i guess it's an even trade
pimp.gif

ny got everything, and i mean everything

best taco joint by me is on 30th ave and 34th (not really sure about the street) in queens

Platters is still good no question.

But back then it was the best cart in nyc hands down no question.

Now, they're good but not AS good.

agreed
74th and roosevelt in queens has some of the best, meaning flavorful, halal food at the momemnt. probably because the competition is so close to one another.theres carts literally next to each other.

NYfly1 is just so hood.
eyes.gif

Please post something useful for once.

BTW food stands are always
pimp.gif

The best one in the city is 52nd and 6th on the NW corner, it's called Shendy's Halal, it's got the longest line in Midtown during lunch, theirchicken over rice is good but their gyro's are the best

Back
Top Bottom