So if Jordans were cheap.......

would people still buy them and be as interested in them as they are now? A lot of times if something is really cheap people automatically think its not good,and they

wouldnt buy it EVEN if they liked it. So it just got me thinking would people feel the same if they all the sudden were cheap. what do you guys think?

lol...thats a good !%% question...

lol watch people come in here and lie and be like "yea if they were all priced @ 15 bucks id buy them for the greatness jordan accomplished and for whatthey stand for"

im not even gonna lie...i prolly wouldnt look @ them the same...if they were like shaqs nah...i prolly wouldnt buy em....

if they were as u say "cheap" at least it would match the quality. Then i'd have no beef payin for em.
With JB its not "you get what u pay for" its "u get what we want to give u and pay what we tell u"

Jordan CDP 11/12 - sold my 11's......
sick.gif
.....and kept the12's......
pimp.gif
.....it was supposed to be the other way around.

uhh some people DON'T buy some because they're TOO expensive.
and it's not like a great shoe with a price tag of just $80 won't sell..

Why not, I'll buy them.

Edit: Expensive sneakers doesn't mean sh.. to me, if they look good, I'm buying them.

Eff the value, I rock - not sell.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Why not, I'll buy them.

Edit: Expensive sneakers doesn't mean sh.. to me, if they look good, I'm buying them.

Eff the value, I rock - not sell.
C/S. As long as the quality is on point, I'd cop.

99% of everyone here wouldn't.

If a Porsche was at the same price point as say the most basic model Kia then they wouldn't be special anymore. If would just be an overproduced car thateverybody has. This is what happened to the Mustang imo. It used to be a car people wanted, now everybody has one and they're not as well made. Justanother car on the road.

Same question can be reversed. If Kanye wore the Nike Dart VI (barely a shoe worth $29) and they hyperstriked a Kanye exclusive cw 99% of NT would buy.Overpriced garbage (which is what the real Yeezy's are) is what you're getting. You can pass on most Jordans if you think about how poorly made theyare now. If you say otherwise you've never owned any OG's.

I know I've said a bunch of random stuff that prob doesn't make sense. Been a long day and I'm tired.

if the price tag was lower on jordans there would be less ppl buying fakes and the hardcore collectors would probably have double the kicks they do now.

Originally Posted by abernja

If a Porsche was at the same price point as say the most basic model Kia then they wouldn't be special anymore. If would just be an overproduced car that everybody has. This is what happened to the Mustang imo. It used to be a car people wanted, now everybody has one and they're not as well made. Just another car on the road.

Same question can be reversed. If Kanye wore the Nike Dart VI (barely a shoe worth $29) and they hyperstriked a Kanye exclusive cw 99% of NT would buy. Overpriced garbage (which is what the real Yeezy's are) is what you're getting. You can pass on most Jordans if you think about how poorly made they are now. If you say otherwise you've never owned any OG's.

I know I've said a bunch of random stuff that prob doesn't make sense. Been a long day and I'm tired.
Most everybody else is in denial.

If Jordans had never been expensive and thus "hard to get" this whole board would be different, probably wouldn't exist at all.

You can pretend you are above it all, and you just love Jordan the person or the shoe designs and the price and exclusivity does not affect you, but you arewrong. When Jordans started coming up as a sneak phenomenon their price point was a huge deal. These were sneakers that really cost twice as much as othersneakers. There is no way they were actually worth twice as much, they were just marked at that price because they were marketed and Jordan was popular enoughto get away with it. But that price also made them more special. People always want what they cant have.

This is the same principle Nike and JB have been using for years with limited releases. The more limited something is the more people will want it. Sure supplyand demand are at work, but the less supply there is of something, the stronger the demand becomes compared to what it would have been if it were easy to get.This is true for pretty much everything in life, not just shoes, don't feel bad because you have been manipulated, it's just human nature.

A lot of these current shoe collectors were born into a world where Jordan shoes already had a mystique, a reputation about them that made them special. A lotof that comes from the fact that they are expensive, they are "cool" because they are hard to get. It is just like the Porche example, you can saythat you love the design and quality of a Porche, and maybe you do. But guess what, most people don't know that much about cars, but they still know that aPorche is special and "cool" and more of that is based on the fact that they are expensive and hard to get than any other factor. Don't kidyourself.

Originally Posted by veGAtts

Originally Posted by abernja

If a Porsche was at the same price point as say the most basic model Kia then they wouldn't be special anymore. If would just be an overproduced car that everybody has. This is what happened to the Mustang imo. It used to be a car people wanted, now everybody has one and they're not as well made. Just another car on the road.

Same question can be reversed. If Kanye wore the Nike Dart VI (barely a shoe worth $29) and they hyperstriked a Kanye exclusive cw 99% of NT would buy. Overpriced garbage (which is what the real Yeezy's are) is what you're getting. You can pass on most Jordans if you think about how poorly made they are now. If you say otherwise you've never owned any OG's.

Most everybody else is in denial.

If Jordans had never been expensive and thus "hard to get" this whole board would be different, probably wouldn't exist at all.

You can pretend you are above it all, and you just love Jordan the person or the shoe designs and the price and exclusivity does not affect you, but you are wrong. When Jordans started coming up as a sneak phenomenon their price point was a huge deal. These were sneakers that really cost twice as much as other sneakers. There is no way they were actually worth twice as much, they were just marked at that price because they were marketed and Jordan was popular enough to get away with it. But that price also made them more special. People always want what they cant have.

This is the same principle Nike and JB have been using for years with limited releases. The more limited something is the more people will want it. Sure supply and demand are at work, but the less supply there is of something, the stronger the demand becomes compared to what it would have been if it were easy to get. This is true for pretty much everything in life, not just shoes, don't feel bad because you have been manipulated, it's just human nature.

A lot of these current shoe collectors were born into a world where Jordan shoes already had a mystique, a reputation about them that made them special. A lot of that comes from the fact that they are expensive, they are "cool" because they are hard to get. It is just like the Porche example, you can say that you love the design and quality of a Porche, and maybe you do. But guess what, most people don't know that much about cars, but they still know that a Porche is special and "cool" and more of that is based on the fact that they are expensive and hard to get than any other factor. Don't kid yourself.
i told yall i wasnt gonna lie
laugh.gif

its the truth tho...

^^^^^
laugh.gif
i agree with it though too, i mean i have a few cheaper pairs ofshoes, i still love them, but its nothing compared to the love i have for my jordans, i dont know

what it is about spending all that money that makes em feel special
laugh.gif

if Js were cheap Mike would still have done work in chi back in the days and id have a closet full of XIs and Black/Red 1s and whatevers in between

Good question.
I don't think so though. People (especially the younger generation) see these shoes as a status symbol (
smh.gif
) and if they were cheap you'd probably getclowned on for wearing them.

I'd still buy... it just takes me back to my childhood.... the newbies prob wouldn't buy anymore but I just like the kicks I had when I was growing up!

i dunno i honeslty prob would not i'd prob be more into SB's, or AF1's whatever's clever i love all my J's the same as my few pair ofNike(non-jordan shoes) cuz i cop what i like (& double up on what i really like) it's not always about the price....like i bought some krazy eightsKobe's shoe w/addidas about a month ago DS for $5 & i hoop in those more than i do my beater j's just for hoopin but i would damn near fight forthem the same as i would for my DS CG XI's or DS low white/red XI's ...oh wait i might be lying there but you still get my point... i cop what i like& i rock em till they fall apart...no matter if they are Jordans,LA gear's,Shaq's or protege's (never owned any gear's,shaq's or captinjack's(protege's) just using it as a reference to my point)

im more inclined to buy jordans that retail closer to $100 than the ones that retail for close to $200.

i love jordans because of the significance of them, which includes being the elite sneaker.

but i buy what i like, and i have no problem buying jordans that don't sell well and can be had for nearly half of retail.

if jordans cost $50-100, and the quality stayed the same (which isn't saying much), chances are i'd have twice as many jordans as i do now.

Back
Top Bottom