So im 99% sure I wanna copp that new Jetta

Originally Posted by solarius49

I aint even mad at you bruh, i say pull the trigger. I plan on copping a Mini sometime in the near future

not gonna lie, i test drove a mini, %%*+ handles pretty well
pimp.gif
and pretty spacious considering im 6'2

My brother drives one, he loves it. I was really impressed with it as well.

Go for it. Placing any kind of value in masculinity or femininity in cars has always been dumb to me. Allowing others to influence how you spend YOUR money is far worse than driving "a female car".

LOL @ insecurities. A girl car is a pink accord or scion XB. lolz

The jettas are nicer now and the hatch back look are classic. Get what you want.

a cpl things OP...

the new Jetta is VERY nice... i strongly considered once I realized I was jus gunna getta sedan for my daughter and not a truck right away...

the rust leather interors and even the black leather are a must... great quality for a 22k car... also nice havin the screen (lovin mine in the G35 thus far)

but the reasons I did not get it are as follows...

VW doesnt have nearly as good new car incentives as other makers.

VW has a poor long term reliability record.

Theres much better VALUE cars... for instance save 2500 bucks in the enxt cpl months and im sure thats right around the difference you can get an 11' maxima for.

I took the depreciation hit on my TC and it was stupid... used is the way to go unless the incentives are overwhelming IMO

Originally Posted by John Mayer

AUDI,

JETTA GLI

vs.

GTI 4-Door

?

depends on what your looking for, or want.

the audi is a " luxury " car

the jetta, as i posted is a nice car that can be made to look
pimp.gif

the gti is something for having fun with, if your gonna go a GTI , dont get a 4 door, get a 2 door, its lighter and handles better

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

I like the CC over the Jetta...

I test drove a loaded vr6 4mo CC (awd), Kay.....you woulda thought you was sittin in a Benz.....an gotdamn what a smooth ride. I agree with MMG on the GTI ?

Originally Posted by Al Audi

I test drove a loaded vr6 4mo CC (awd), Kay.....you woulda thought you was sittin in a Benz.....an gotdamn what a smooth ride. I agree with MMG on the GTI ?
CC is nice, i hate big cars
laugh.gif

Like Barney Stinson said in How I Met Your Mother, only young attractive woman drive Jettas, and as such that is my only opinion on the subject at hand

Now that porsche owns VW they've gotten a lot better. you will deff get your moneys worth, just tint the whip and no one will know whos driving it anyway

Originally Posted by MMG

laugh.gif

MMG I feel you're like me, I'm 6'1" but I got a thing for smaller cars.....I love hatchbacks, smaller sporty cars, coupes.

Originally Posted by MMG

laugh.gif

MMG I feel you're like me, I'm 6'1" but I got a thing for smaller cars.....I love hatchbacks, smaller sporty cars, coupes.

dude, 6'2 over here, i love smaller cars
laugh.gif
i can drive with reckless abandon, better suspension, handling, weight.

first car was a 4 door Golf, i loved the way it drove, but the only reason i got it was cause i have a son and 2 door was a pain in the #*# with the seats and babyseat.

got the Golf totaled out in an accident and just picked up a GTI
pimp.gif
2 door
pimp.gif
with handling and suspension
pimp.gif

I test drove the cooper, i was amazed and i sat/felt super comfy in it, the new GTIs are nice too.

cant do big cars, its awkward to me
grin.gif

Originally Posted by MMG

Originally Posted by John Mayer

AUDI,

JETTA GLI

vs.

GTI 4-Door

?

depends on what your looking for, or want.

the audi is a " luxury " car

the jetta, as i posted is a nice car that can be made to look
pimp.gif

the gti is something for having fun with, if your gonna go a GTI , dont get a 4 door, get a 2 door, its lighter and handles better
lol, nah i was addressing al audi.
But MMG 

my comparison was for the GLI and a 4 door GTI bc I cannot do coupes (currently drive it and its just too much of a hassle in terms of space and transporting things).

Also, it seems like the Base '12 GLI is similar in price point for a used 4door '11 GTI.

My current lease finishes up in November.

Is it a myth or are there actual ideal times to cop a car for the best price?

Thanks MMG Audi and errbody who can help

Jetta is nice and the GLI is definitely the right choice but for ~$24k-$25k, there might be better choices.

As mentioned before, if you don't mind hatchbacks, consider the GTI?

You want a bigger hatchback, Mazdaspeed3 isn't a bad choice. But a better choice? Impreza WRX and it's AWD (comes in sedan form too is that's what you're after).

If you don't mind coupes, Hyundai Genesis with 275hp and the best warranty out there is a good choice.

BRZ if you want a real small sports coupe.

Can't wait for the Toyobaru? Want a go-kart felling fun car? How about the Mini Coupe S? The look is a love and hate for most people but it drives nice.

I won't even mention domestic cars since it doesn't seem like you want to go that route.

In the end, I really urge you test drive all of these if you can before making a decision.
Oh and if you can go higher on your budget to around ~$30k then the choices just widens up a bit more.

Back
Top Bottom