So I'm Driving, Cops throw the Lights on Me, Search Me, and ruin my Ray-Bans...

sucks bro i cant say this has ever happened to me...hell i speed all the time and ive never even gotten a ticket, just warnings.

are you an a-hole when they pull you over?

Originally Posted by AllDay AllNight

Originally Posted by kash55

Why did you let him search you? Personally I don't think I would.
How would you stop him? A lot of times, telling an officer not to search your car gives them P.C., because they believe you may be hiding something. And then they'll search it anyway.
laugh.gif
Yea OK buddy.

Depends on where you live, but most of the time if they find something that's not in plain view like in the truck, it will get dropped in court if theyhave no search warrant.

I love when I tell police that they need a warrant to search my vehicle. They get befuddled.

I went through something similar in South Carolina. They immediately asked if I was transporting anything...
indifferent.gif
. I got out my car locked all the doors, andsimply told him get a warrant.
happy.gif
. They called for back up, tried to reason with me about the reasons why they wanted to search my vehicle, and after a fewminutes they left in a huff.

As for OP? Sorry you had to endure that. Did you catch the names of the bacon boys via their badge? Do you know the nearest precint in the vicinity of yourstoppage?

How would you stop him? A lot of times, telling an officer not to search your car gives them P.C., because they believe you may be hiding something. And then they'll search it anyway.

You need to learn your rights bro.

i got pulled over a few times for 0 reason. one of the times they insisted on searching my vehicle and they found nothing. another time, dudes were questioningthe route i was taking home. i was like "there are like 5 ways to get to my house from here... why is it an issue im going this way, the fastestway??"

smh.gif
police

It really doesnt matter what "the law" says or what your buddy told you about your trunk and glove box. At the end of the day, theyre cops andtheyre gonna do whatever they want and get away with it.

P.S. what the @*## are you driving with a bong for? keep that $#%+ at your crib like everyone else
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

You need to learn your rights bro.

Pretty sure what he's trying to say is that any LEO worth his salt(or not) will be able to find PC in every stop.

laugh.gif
Cops aren't allowed to do that. You have the RIGHT to say no, and denying a search is not probable cause. A lot of people are scarredinto letting the police search their car for the reason you just stated.

If they ask you to get out...get out the car and lock your **$! up.

Nothing is guaranteed but there are some things you can do.

damn, that reminds me of the time when the cops pulled me over for a license plate cover. there was to cop cars. i guess it was routine because theneighborhood i was driving through. he needed back up. so like 3 guys total. fast forward to the end. i got my ticket. my car battery died during the wholecitation process. the cops knew my battery died. they heard me calling for help. they didn't do anything to help me.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by enlightenedespot

Btw they can't go into some closed like a glove box. If it was open prior to the search then yea out outside of that nope.
They knew that you didn't know your rights so you got got.
your wrong, if you consent to a routine search they have the right to open anything in the car UNLESS it has a lock on it, then they have no right to access it without further athority

when they ask you to get out your car never get out and leave the door open, they tend to just sneak in there and ask you real quick while they are already inside, they practice this kind of stuff

GET OUT AND CLOSE YOUR DOOR, EVEN LOCK IF YOU WISH

I bet you didnt do that OP
Yep. I have a good friend who is a sheriff in LA. Crank is correctomondo

Yeah, lock it up when you get out. Get badge #'s; make it clear you don't consent and demand they get a warrant. Don't carry useless things likethat around in the first place... if you have to then buy a lock and put it in a locked compartment.

Not knowing your rights FTL. Im sorry but you took an L this time. But hey read up on it and next time some stupid pigs try an pull this on you hit them withthe "No sir, you do not have my consent officer." Always make sure you are polite though. If you get hot headed and start running your mouth off theywill get you.

not giving an officer consent to search is NOT probable cause.
it may make the officer think you actually do got something.
but that doesn't give em a legal right to search your car.
but at the end of the day if they really think you got something but don't have probable cause they'll just bring the dogs.
which will find any drugs a lot more efficiently.

Originally Posted by Vidasman

Originally Posted by champ305

Cops look bad because of things like what happened to OP....and this.....

http://s568.photobucket.com/albums/...ion=view&current=fail-owned-police-fail-1.jpg

WOW....
roll.gif
roll.gif
It looks like that is just a construction zone. The cops aren't there for speeding people over or whatever. They just have to sit there forhours in case something goes wrong in the construction zone. Often times they will be watching DVDs or whatever in that situation, so I'm not reallysurprised.

the only words I would say in that situation are "am I being detained? am I free to go?"

Originally Posted by JJ1223

It really doesnt matter what "the law" says or what your buddy told you about your trunk and glove box. At the end of the day, theyre cops and theyre gonna do whatever they want and get away with it.

P.S. what the @*## are you driving with a bong for? keep that $#%+ at your crib like everyone else
laugh.gif
real talk. Cops will do what they want and most likely get away with it. the law is on their side for the most part.

Back
Top Bottom