So I'm going to CHICAGO, ILL for vacation..

Originally Posted by Dskilz3

Go to Gino's East  Lou Malnatis for an absolutely delicious deep dish Pizza.

fixed... and get it with "butter crust"

I guess since you're a tourist, go to Al's for the beef, since they're the original...

Polish sausage, gotta go to Jims..

and try Manny's coffee shop and deli....it's pricey though

and all the spots mentioned in this thread are fine

Oh and don't worry, south side is fine...(check out Hyde Park, and Wicker Park, River North, all good spots....check out a Bulls game while you're here...and if you're here by April....Cubs game, Wrigley Field

Enjoy fam!

Originally Posted by best hands in the game

So what are the best places on 4th of july? You guys already said that fireworks thing. Any other spots during the day?
hit north ave beach
pimp.gif
leave ur girl at the telly tho
dont start convos with older chicago sports fans, you will not be able to get outta the conversation
check out soldier field to
pimp.gif
wont be able to see a game for obvious reasons but its still a beauty
the museum of science an industrys is free on thursdays

as for the 4th
pretty much anywhere there is an open field or a beach has fireworks displays
e

prymone- Yup, it's still Comiskey and Sears to me and I'm not even from Chicago. Why would you recommend Soldier Field though? Everytime I drive past it on the way to Rogers Park from Midway I just get pissed when I see it, since the extra seating got added.

Oh and I don't see what y'all see in Lou Malnati's. Probably the worst pizza I've ever had, absolutely no taste. Also if you like thin crust pizza and good beer check out 'Piece' in Wicker Park, it's a solid micro-brewery and their pizza is piff.

If you really want to see what Chicago is about, eat at Ed Debevics.

Stay the hell away from Downtown unless you have G's to blow. Forget driving anywhere just be smart and use the transit, it will save you time. So get a hotel near the transit. There is a cheap hotel downtown for $99 a night called The River Hotel, it's a few blocks away from the Red and Blue lines in the loop.

Blue line and Red line are 24 hours.

Hit up Wickerpark, Lincoln Park, Bucktown, and.....Pilsen if you have a gun.

Music, everywhere.

Food:
Lou Malnati's = deep dish; There is a place called Arami for thai food on Chicago Ave near wickerpark; Also two 24 hour taco spots near the western blue line; Crocodile Bar in WickerPark gives you free fire grilled pizza with every drink you buy.

Too many bars to recommend....sorry.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

prymone- Yup, it's still Comiskey and Sears to me and I'm not even from Chicago. Why would you recommend Soldier Field though? Everytime I drive past it on the way to Rogers Park from Midway I just get pissed when I see it, since the extra seating got added.

Oh and I don't see what y'all see in Lou Malnati's. Probably the worst pizza I've ever had, absolutely no taste. Also if you like thin crust pizza and good beer check out 'Piece' in Wicker Park, it's a solid micro-brewery and their pizza is piff.

nerd.gif

but yea true it  does look like a space ship now, i didnt think bout the fact he couldnt actually go in and walk around check the place out lol

dont really mess with lou's either
giordanos villa or jb albertos for me

and just cus the red line and blue line run 24 hours dont mean yall should be riding past rosevelt after hours for any reason
ed debevicks is kinda wack imo
espn zone an dave n busters downtown r both better choices entertainment n food wise

aw man i wish i could remember the name of the place where the lady shows you her bewbz if you tip her lol

Originally Posted by sevit86

Originally Posted by CAto312

Originally Posted by NeptuneBeats187

Just got to a damn Bulls game.
Sure, I'd recommend that too if they played in JULY
CAto your avy is straight comedy
laugh.gif

what game is that from?
Thanks dude.  It's from the Bulls/Heat game here last month.  I was at that game and from where I was sitting it was the best acting job since Pacino in Godfather II.

Originally Posted by IMASOLEMAN18

aw man i wish i could remember the name of the place where the lady shows you her bewbz if you tip her lol

Weiner Circle...OP, ask for a chocolate milkshake.

laugh.gif

I've been to Chicago once and could give better advice than most of the so called locals (although 'best hands in the game's' threadjacking to display his own cowardice has soured me on this thread). I thought you guys loved your city and you're coming with this weak cheese?

The city is safe, u dudes kill me.

U have absolutely NO reason to go to the suspect areas.

Hit wicker park with your lady,

Originally Posted by DoWnLoWpNoYrYdAh

Any locals also know any good spots to buy clothes + kicks would be appreciated.
Just my preferences but try to check out:

Akin North
St Alfred

Originally Posted by prymone

nerd.gif

but yea true it  does look like a space ship now, i didnt think bout the fact he couldnt actually go in and walk around check the place out lol

and just cus the red line and blue line run 24 hours dont mean yall should be riding past rosevelt after hours for any reason
espn zone an dave n busters downtown r both better choices entertainment n food wise

laugh.gif
Why'd you highlight the Rogers Park part?

Originally Posted by Budweiser

happy.gif

I've been to Chicago once and could give better advice than most of the so called locals (although 'best hands in the game's' threadjacking to display his own cowardice has soured me on this thread). I thought you guys loved your city and you're coming with this weak cheese?
There we go.....

Originally Posted by sevit86

Sure, I'd recommend that too if they played in JULY
CAto your avy is straight comedy
laugh.gif

what game is that from?
Thanks dude.  It's from the Bulls/Heat game here last month.  I was at that game and from where I was sitting it was the best acting job since Pacino in Godfather II.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

bro your killing me with the quotables

laugh.gif

the things you think are amazing we been looking at/doing our whole llives so its really not that amazing to us

What does that hat signify in the Chi? Just curious.

it means dont walk down my block
laugh.gif

Why would you do this? I don't understand. Is your OP a front cuz I'm thinking one of you are trying to get the other killed.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

because im in rogers park daily, recently moved to lincoln square tho

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

because im in rogers park daily, recently moved to lincoln square tho
Oh ok
laugh.gif
.  Yeah cousin lives in Rogers Park, brother too soon, and my aunt and uncle live in Edgewater so that's where I stay when I'm in town.

you dudes sound like some little %$* girls.
laugh.gif
  last time i was in the chi i got lost in the west side by myself and not a damn thing happened to me.  as a tourist you would have no reason to be there.  i just got off the bus at the wrong stop.

Originally Posted by DoWnLoWpNoYrYdAh

Any locals also know any good spots to buy clothes + kicks would be appreciated.
Just my preferences but try to check out:

Akin North
St Alfred

juggernaut !

EDIT:

laugh.gif

how you gonna come in here and talk all that noise and leave no suggestions, if you know more than us locals then enlighten EVERYONE

Back
Top Bottom