So is Crystal Light bad for us or is this crap I'm reading just propaganda?

So I've been using Crystal Light a lot lately for my water intake.  I read that it's bad because of this...

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Aspartame is, by far, the most dangerous substance on the market that is added to foods.[/h1]
Aspartame is the technical name for the brand names NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, and Equal-Measure. It was discovered by accident in 1965 when James Schlatter, a chemist of G.D. Searle Company, was testing an anti-ulcer drug.

Aspartame was approved for dry goods in 1981 and for carbonated beverages in 1983. It was originally approved for dry goods on July 26, 1974, but objections filed by neuroscience researcher Dr John W. Olney and Consumer attorney James Turner in August 1974 as well as investigations of G.D. Searle's research practices caused the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to put approval of aspartame on hold (December 5, 1974). In 1985, Monsanto purchased G.D. Searle and made Searle Pharmaceuticals and The NutraSweet Company separate subsidiaries.

Aspartame accounts for over 75 percent of the adverse reactions to food additives reported to the FDA. Many of these reactions are very serious including seizures and death.(1) A few of the 90 different documented symptoms listed in the report as being caused by aspartame include: Headaches/migraines, dizziness, seizures, nausea, numbness, muscle spasms, weight gain, rashes, depression, fatigue, irritability, tachycardia, insomnia, vision problems, hearing loss, heart palpitations, breathing difficulties, anxiety attacks, slurred speech, loss of taste, tinnitus, vertigo, memory loss, and joint pain.

So if it's so bad why is there no Surgeon General's warning on it?  BTW this stuff is the truth. 
smokin.gif

I think it causes Headaches/migraines, dizziness for sure. I was drinking this a few summers back and it had my head banging.

Originally Posted by BOTTOM74BOTTOM

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

fake sugar=cancer

diet _____ = cancer
I was born in July. That makes me immune by default
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Enough Aspartame in your system will make you blind.

Natural/whole foods is the way to go. Everything should have a caloric value, the fact you're ingesting something with no nutritional or caloric significance that's not water should say something about its edibility.

Pretty much all complaints made to the FDA pertained to aspartame, it started messing with "their" paper so much that the FDA stopped recording complaints pertaining to aspartame and started filing them under generic categories. It's all about making profit by any means necessary. Surgeon General, FDA, Monsanto, USDA, it's all the same ####. They look out for each other and not the consumer. Rumsfeld was just put in charge of the FDA when aspartame became approved. Not a koinkydink. 

Sugar >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Splenda > Aspartame

Isn't Aspartame used to kill rats? Correct me if I'm wrong but it was first developed as rat poison that affected the rat's brain, but was later marketed as a sugar replacement. I think that's why it can cause headaches in humans (in high doses).

Monsanto is the devil. That part about the FDA ceasing to record the complains how they use to is interesting. Where do you hear/read that?

I drank crystal light for a while until it started making me feel sick. Stay away from that crap

i dunno about crystal light being bad for you, but i feel you on the water intake OP.  i exercise a lot and try to keep myself drinking water all day in order to stay hydrated.

i would put the crystal light back on the shelf and drink water with either lemon or cucumber slices (it's better than you'd think)

I never had a problem with Aspartame and I went through a long period where I was using it. I just recently switched to Stevia though because allegedly it doesn't cause an insulin response.

Originally Posted by kingjamesvehs

fake sugar=cancer
diet _____ = cancer
You can't say this stuff to Americans.  They'll think it's ok to start od'ing on natural sugar.  Obesity and diabetes FTL.

Back
Top Bottom