So is graduating with a low GPA the end of your life?

If someone graduates with a low GPA (Idk between 2.0 and 2.7 lets say) are they $+%!*$ for life? With scarce jobs and so much competition now, is someone whose GPA is low $+%!*$? Will I be subjected to flipping burgers for the rest of my life or working at the Home Depot until Im 60? (no offense to Home Depot and fast food employees).

My GPA coming into this semester is 2.0. And this semester isnt looking so hot so yea, Im gunna be $+%!*$ forever. I lowkey feel as though Ive ruined my future now.

Edit: I want to be a therapist. So yea I think Im pretty +@%%$*

If someone graduates with a low GPA (Idk between 2.0 and 2.7 lets say) are they $+%!*$ for life? With scarce jobs and so much competition now, is someone whose GPA is low $+%!*$? Will I be subjected to flipping burgers for the rest of my life or working at the Home Depot until Im 60? (no offense to Home Depot and fast food employees).

My GPA coming into this semester is 2.0. And this semester isnt looking so hot so yea, Im gunna be $+%!*$ forever. I lowkey feel as though Ive ruined my future now.

Edit: I want to be a therapist. So yea I think Im pretty +@%%$*

Getting the degree is more important than the GPA, you just won't get to brag about it on resumes.

It could be a problem if you decide to continue your education, however, so plan ahead if that's what you want to do.

Getting the degree is more important than the GPA, you just won't get to brag about it on resumes.

It could be a problem if you decide to continue your education, however, so plan ahead if that's what you want to do.

Life is what you make it man dont let your college GPA determine your life. Yes, it will affect your future job opportunities but I would say be as optimistic as you can.

Also the end of the world might be around the corner so worse case scenario.........

Life is what you make it man dont let your college GPA determine your life. Yes, it will affect your future job opportunities but I would say be as optimistic as you can.

Also the end of the world might be around the corner so worse case scenario.........

you better have a good personality and be a hard worker ... a lot of luck helps too ...

you better have a good personality and be a hard worker ... a lot of luck helps too ...

Originally Posted by msaba07

You kidding me I have an amazing personality
pimp.gif

I was told that GPA will only influence your very first job..If you can find a way to slip into the field of your choice, then after that initial job, GPA is almost never mentioned...If you're working at your first job for 3-4 years, do you think when you're interviewing for a new job they'll be asking you about the employer where you spent the past few years or why you didn't study so hard for that Ethics class in college?

I was told that GPA will only influence your very first job..If you can find a way to slip into the field of your choice, then after that initial job, GPA is almost never mentioned...If you're working at your first job for 3-4 years, do you think when you're interviewing for a new job they'll be asking you about the employer where you spent the past few years or why you didn't study so hard for that Ethics class in college?

It's a 50/50 chance. It all depends on what kind of work you are looking for.

Some things I'm doing to achieve and maintain a high GPA are Networking, starting study groups, attending tutoring sessions (even if I feel I don't need it), sacrificing my "free time" to "study time", and using all resources at my College to maintain a high GPA. My GPA is currently at 3.9.

It's a 50/50 chance. It all depends on what kind of work you are looking for.

Some things I'm doing to achieve and maintain a high GPA are Networking, starting study groups, attending tutoring sessions (even if I feel I don't need it), sacrificing my "free time" to "study time", and using all resources at my College to maintain a high GPA. My GPA is currently at 3.9.

No, your GPA won't matter to employers unless you mention it on your resume.  They won't have any way of finding that out from your school.  However, your GPA is more importantly an indicator of your work ethic while in school.  If that doesn't improve, you will be screwed in the workforce and will likely be the first one to be fired when there is a downturn.

No, your GPA won't matter to employers unless you mention it on your resume.  They won't have any way of finding that out from your school.  However, your GPA is more importantly an indicator of your work ethic while in school.  If that doesn't improve, you will be screwed in the workforce and will likely be the first one to be fired when there is a downturn.

Originally Posted by Furrell

No but if you planned on going to grad school, kiss that goodbye.

WRONG.

GPA only holds bearing in potential scholarships.

Work in the field that you want to get your masters in.  Do well in what you do.  Your references and letter of recommendations will trump your GPA and you will get in.  (trust me - 2.5 high school GPA, 2.5 undergrad GPA, 4.0 masters GPA)

Did you play a sport in college? A mediocre GPA plus being apart of an athletic team looks really good after graduation.

Did you play a sport in college? A mediocre GPA plus being apart of an athletic team looks really good after graduation.

Back
Top Bottom