So....Is Max B a Legend?

No, but I rock with him pretty heavy. Used to think he was wack until I heard Quarantine. Now I have like 9 Max B/Max B-related mixtapes.

This has to be a joke.

I'm born and bred NY and he is not even a NY legend. MAYBE Harlem.

And even then, there's way more legendary figures in and out of music in Harlem.

If Max is a legend, than so is Papoose.

Y'all acting like dude was a kingpin as far as his extra curricular.

Dude set up a couple of ballers staying in a Ramada and his chick flipped on him. Is that right?

Max did his thing, for a short period of time, and maybe some dudes have adopted some of his style.

But this question is straight foolish.

We are doing ourselves a disservice in how much we've lowered the bar for greatness/classic/legend status.

Last edited:
If anything I feel max gave french montana some life
imo no one was checking for french till him and max linked up

I don't think he's a legend but a lot of cats have used his wave to float to the top of the game.

And I don't buy that he isn't known outside of the tristate when a bunch of Cali rappers have shouted him out as an influence.

im going to tell you why people out of the tri-state know who Max B is but dont know who Max B is at the same time. Stay Schemin!!!

if thats not classic Max, I dont know what is. I would not be surprised if he wrote that hook.

^ lmao 
roll.gif

Max is in no way a legend!!!!!!  he will always be a spot in hip hop because he was intergral to Jimmy's success and part of the HOV, CAM beef.

Max is a cautionary tale....apparently on bird gang ninja were not eating

He wrote 10 albums worth of material for Jim Jones that's why he can get a random ***** to sound like Max on the hook

I definitely think he is the best NY rapper with that distinct NY flow style post-dipset's height of popularity. Much better than French, who I think is the only rapper you could say kinda stole his style. But legend, nah not really...maybe cult legend/classic at best.

Nah. No. Not at all. If you consider Max a legend you have very very low rap & hip hop standards.

The wave is legendary though :pimp:

Max never got any exposure outside the tristate area.

Funny thing is he brought a west coast sound to NY and his music ever reached the west coast masses he would of blown up and his music would have been LOVED out here.

We'll never know what could have been.

Back
Top Bottom