So Marky...

Marky+Promo.jpg

Hate Is The New Love, really though?
sounds familiar to me

for those who can't see the image
http://bp3.blogger.com/_dMbemLhCtRk/SEa3kIbre8I/AAAAAAAAAH4/V4OCYfkHtD4/s1600-h/Marky+Promo.jpg

Wow. That's the name of the new album from Marky?

oh my. How'd they make THAT decision over at Studio 43.

Not the best idea in my opinion ...

...but Puffy used "Guess Who's Coming" for himself bak in 90-91' (my 1st street team job) then used it again for Mary J, & I think heused it again with either Craig Mack or as a part of Biggie's 1st marketing campaign ...

So its done ... just not very often ... and its been done by rather succesful acts/labels

Not a good idea.. but then again it has us talking now so maybe it was a good promotional plug for him and studio 43..some might just give it a listen justbecause of the album title itself

If Studio 43 is the one that created the "slogan", then I don't see the problem. If Wale is the one that created, then it may be seen as aproblem.

Marky
laugh.gif
tryna eat off the same plate..

but more important news...

Go download that XO mixtape... The Takeover Pt. 2 !!!

Eyes you got to take that Carter III out homie. I thought you were furthering your education this summer. Lol

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

If Studio 43 is the one that created the "slogan", then I don't see the problem. If Wale is the one that created, then it may be seen as a problem.

either way its a swagger jacking (
smh.gif
@ me for using that term) bamma move

Originally Posted by DCshoechick

If Studio 43 is the one that created the "slogan", then I don't see the problem. If Wale is the one that created, then it may be seen as a problem.

either way its a swagger jacking (
smh.gif
@ me for using that term) bamma move

^^^

my point exactly. it just seems like they tryin to make him wale 2

i ain't hatin on dude at all but that's just some bamma !$$ to me

idk,seems like a lazy move,promotion and title wise. either way, i just want to see what young dude does to show and prove. theres too many other young artistin the same lane he's trying to move into so he got to stand out. plus,its kinda alot of pressure being 43's rebound guy.

as for the hate is the new love title,at end of the day,wale helped propel the term that 43 put onto fliers and tees and most dmv or others know thatalready.why try that again? labels will continue to use their slogan regardless of their roster of artist,but this was kinda like leftovers to me,be creative.

not a movement persay but you know walkin down the street and always hearing some young kid sayin this or going on some1s myspace and that was their headline

Originally Posted by II0II703 RICO ROB

Not a good idea.. but then again it has us talking now so maybe it was a good promotional plug for him and studio 43..some might just give it a listen just because of the album title itself

lol homey has to get "us" talking outside of the forum and with others if he's really looking for attention, he seems like an okay artistimo.. i'm not trying to knock homey, not at all but i've yet to hear from or about dude outside of niketalk (if he's on the radio, maybe thatswhy)

Originally Posted by II0II703 RICO ROB

^ nope..he's not even on the radio...doesn't really impress me from the couple songs i heard

I don't know how well you listen, but "Sheila" has been gettin' some spins these last couple of weeks on PGC and KYS... Beat is nice,lyrics are average at best... Hopefully dude does a WALE and STEPS his game up (lyrically)....

[Biggie] On the Road to Riches and Diamond Rings... [/Biggie]

^ around what time?. i'm at work (old up-tight United Negro College Fund) and all we can play is contemporary, jazz, neo soul music. So if they don'tplay his songs before 9am or after 7pm i wont hear it.

Back
Top Bottom