So much money spent at the movies!!

i would say less than $30

I never payed for tickets, mom use to back in the day,

My sister worked at a theater for a while so i use to get in for free,

Now i barely go to the movies. The last movie i saw at the movies was I Am Legend, and i didnt even pay for that

My brothers used to keep their movie stubs and I started to for a bit myself. I really wish I would have started since I was a kid, it would have been cool tosee how many I collected.

Word, unless they change around the business of movie theaters...they will be gone within the next decade.

Around here tickets cost $8.
But I dont go much.
There is reason I got that expensive HDTV and Im gonna get every dollar out of it.

i took me my 3 nephews, 2 brothers, and sister to the movies to see transformers... between tickets and snacks i dropped 100 bucks...movie prices are absurd in09...and i used my student id...even though i graduated 2 years ago...lol

Because of the price of tickets during the regular time I try to see movies during the matinee. Tickets are 10.00 when I'm at school and 13.00 in NYC. IfGovernor "Can't Do Right" Patterson passes the movie tax then tickets will go up $3-4. I don't even buy food from the concession standanymore. A SMALL popcorn costs $5
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
. I sneak a drink in and that's it. If I'm hungry I'll eat after themovie. People will continue to go to the movies though so they won't lower prices anytime soon.

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Concessions at movie theaters are highway robbery.
i just go to walmart and get 99 cent soda and movie candy,pack it the wifeys big giant purse and im good.also , cargo pants work well too...lol

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i took me my 3 nephews, 2 brothers, and sister to the movies to see transformers... between tickets and snacks i dropped 100 bucks...movie prices are absurd in 09...and i used my student id...even though i graduated 2 years ago...lol
laugh.gif
, I do the same thing cuz prices these days areoutrageous. And if the theater happens to not give discounts, then if I'm mad it's a child ticket from the kiosk for me. That's why I don'tfeel bad for downloading bootlegs cuz the movie industry is flourishing even with these high %#* prices. I try to catch matinee prices as often as possible toavoid going broke.

But we know some of you dudes are "scared to show cheap-ness" in front of females, so you won't buy anything BEFORE hand

i work part time at one jus for the free tix n chicks
pimp.gif

for example:
$10 - per ticket(free tix anytime i want FTW)
$5.50 - med soda
$6.50 - med popcorn
$6.25 - nachos/pretzel bites
$4 - hotdog or 20oz water
smh.gif

concession is wild expensive but thats how the theater ears its money to pay employees me (i work there & even bring my own snacks
laugh.gif
)

I spent alot, but like DAYTONA 5000 said, I try to go at matinee times (before 6pm over here). I don't even go near the concission stands.

Back
Top Bottom