So my dog's got a huge bald spot

NBA headband.
/thread

But seriously, you have to go to vet. Whatever it is could be hurting your dog slowly. If you go and it can be cured then problem solved, if you don't who knows what will happen.

dogs cant take themselves to the vet man. that's your job as their owner regardless if you'll hear good or bad news.

really it doesn't sound that serious though. probably just some kind of fungus. especially since it's a breed with alot of loose skin.

dogs cant take themselves to the vet man. that's your job as their owner regardless if you'll hear good or bad news.

really it doesn't sound that serious though. probably just some kind of fungus. especially since it's a breed with alot of loose skin.

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

seriously just take your dog to the vet, just for precaution. 

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

seriously just take your dog to the vet, just for precaution. 

rub some rogaine
laugh.gif

It might be mites, my pitbull had it when she was young, you would def need to take it to the doctor cause they need to give it 5-10 medical baths. you should do it earlier cause the baths are like 50 bucks each time.

It might be mites, my pitbull had it when she was young, you would def need to take it to the doctor cause they need to give it 5-10 medical baths. you should do it earlier cause the baths are like 50 bucks each time.

for the folks with dogs in this thread, do you have your dogs on a anti-flea program or treament, something like frontline?

i normally just bathe my puppy every 3-4 weeks, dunno if that's sufficient enough to rid of the fleas. anti-flea pills/oil rubs are too expensive.

for the folks with dogs in this thread, do you have your dogs on a anti-flea program or treament, something like frontline?

i normally just bathe my puppy every 3-4 weeks, dunno if that's sufficient enough to rid of the fleas. anti-flea pills/oil rubs are too expensive.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

3-4 weeks? I bathed mine once a week. They accumulate a lot of dirt and grime in a week's time.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

3-4 weeks? I bathed mine once a week. They accumulate a lot of dirt and grime in a week's time.

Could be demodex or fungal infection.. like others said take your dog to the vet so they can do a skin scraping and diagnose the problem. It won't be life threatening but can be costly depending on your clinic (my friend's pitbull puppy had demodex and the treatment was around 200 dollars). 

Could be demodex or fungal infection.. like others said take your dog to the vet so they can do a skin scraping and diagnose the problem. It won't be life threatening but can be costly depending on your clinic (my friend's pitbull puppy had demodex and the treatment was around 200 dollars). 

Originally Posted by I Noah Dentist

Alopecia areata (AA) is a health condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body, usually from the scalp.[1][2] Because it causes bald spots on the scalp, especially in the first stages, it is sometimes called spot baldness. In 1%–2% of cases, the condition can spread to the entire scalp (Alopecia totalis) or to the entire epidermis (Alopecia universalis). Conditions resembling AA, and having a similar cause, occur also in other species

Humans and animals get this. It is not really serious and should begin to grown back in about 6 months. Joe Johnson (hawks) has this right now, and that is why he wears a headband.
Ohhh that's why he rocks a headband.. Hmmmm...

Originally Posted by I Noah Dentist

Alopecia areata (AA) is a health condition in which hair is lost from some or all areas of the body, usually from the scalp.[1][2] Because it causes bald spots on the scalp, especially in the first stages, it is sometimes called spot baldness. In 1%–2% of cases, the condition can spread to the entire scalp (Alopecia totalis) or to the entire epidermis (Alopecia universalis). Conditions resembling AA, and having a similar cause, occur also in other species

Humans and animals get this. It is not really serious and should begin to grown back in about 6 months. Joe Johnson (hawks) has this right now, and that is why he wears a headband.
Ohhh that's why he rocks a headband.. Hmmmm...

Back
Top Bottom