So now Carmelo Anthony isn't top 5 in the league?

Brb still waiting on Carmelo to win a game against Boston.

By his self he would have if Ared Effries knew how to lay the ball up. Why do you hate the Knicks so much did one of us say something bad about Brandon Roy or some $#@! 
laugh.gif
 ?

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by JD617

Real talk...this season and the following are his chance to prove his greatness.

Physically and on a skill level, he's as good as anyone in the league right now.

I wouldn't put him in the top 5 at this moment but he has the ability to be #1 if he consistently played up to his talent level.

This is his 9th year in the league. At some point you are who you are.
People were saying the same thing about MJ during his first 5/6 years...he's a great scorer but can he get past the Piston and the old guard? Can he make his teammates better?
People are saying the same thing about LeBron now...you going to tell me that Bron can't use his disappointing Finals performance as fuel and come back scorching hot to take his place as an all time great?

Kobe and Shaq kept consistently falling short of their potential before Phil...what if he never went to LA?

Before Freddy Roach Pacquiao was widely classified as a one dimensional slugger, no where near the elite P4P rankings...What about now?

In this sensationalist modern sports culture people rush to judgement too quick. Thirsty to label, rank and neatly package an athletes career into and E60 story...but that doesn't really do justice to reality.

Melo's back in his birthplace, with a happy young family, he has the coach he wanted, an All-star front line, he's playing in the "mecca of ball"..he knows all eyes are on him, this is his time to shine. Lets see what he does. We can't forget this is the dude who arguable had the best Freshman year in NCAA history. 

Who has really flourished in Denver anyway?

I don't think the MJ and Bron analogies really apply in this case. MJ and Bron were/are at the very top of the game individually, and their challenge was/is to achieve team success. To me that's not the same thing as going from a borderline top 10 player (and I'm being generous with that, IMO he's lower but just to avoid a separate argument) to making the jump into the best player in the league conversation in his 9th season. I think that's pretty rare if not unheard of.
Kobe and Shaq, same thing. Two elite talents that needed to learn how to coexist for the sake of the team. The best individual player in the league at the time and the guy who would become the best player in the league.

I just don't think Melo's talent level is comparable to any of those 4 guys. He's never been at or near the top of the game like those 4 guys. And at age 27, I think he has either reached his peak or come pretty damn close to it. It's hard for me to believe he's gonna make some massive improvement in his game at this point and make the leap to that elite level.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

IF he's top 5, IF he's better than KD...there is no excuse for the NYK to lose to anyone not named the Miami Heat this post-season. That's how I'd see this if I was a non-Knick fan. You guys shouldn't set up these expectations.

roll.gif

You acting like people care what Knicks fans really think.

Dudes will slander at any given opportunity NO MATTER WHAT. 

You should know that by now...

And I do believe we can make it to the ECF this season.

Real talk...this season and the following are his chance to prove his greatness.

Physically and on a skill level, he's as good as anyone in the league right now.

I wouldn't put him in the top 5 at this moment but he has the ability to be #1 if he consistently played up to his talent level.
Weren't you the same guy making noise about Chris Mullin being a hall of famer???

Thanks for the lulz...

Originally Posted by CAto312

Weren't you the same guy making noise about Chris Mullin being a hall of famer???

Thanks for the lulz...
Now you just gonna make stuff up?
This is my first time typing the name Chris Mullin in my 20 something odd years of life.

Try again.

Thanks for the lulz...

If i'm not mistaken Mullin IS in the Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

He's way more clutch , Better rebounder while being 3 INCHES SHORTER , better offensive arsenal, is the unquestioned #1 guy on his team, and the better passer.
6.7 boards vs 6.8 boards. 3 assists vs 2.7 assists. And just in case you wanna start pulling advanced numbers out your !#@, 11.86 Assist Rate vs 10.42 Assist Rate. 10.6 Total Rebound Rate vs 10.3 Total Rebound Rate. 
His better offensive arsenal hasn't helped him score more or be more efficient than Durant. He didn't even shoot better from mid range than Durant did last year.

LeBron James
Kobe Bryant
Derrick Rose
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard
Dwayne Wade
Amare Stoudermire
Carmelo Anthony

No he is not top 5..imo.. however he's top 10..

I don't like Carmelo work ethics compare to the others I listed..

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Why do you hate the Knicks so much

I've been on NikeTalk for 8 years.

You corny as hell.

We've been terrible for longer than you've been here. What reason could we have given you to hate the Knicks? That we rooted for them?

Originally Posted by StillAtIt

He's way more clutch , Better rebounder while being 3 INCHES SHORTER , better offensive arsenal, is the unquestioned #1 guy on his team, and the better passer.
6.7 boards vs 6.8 boards. 3 assists vs 2.7 assists. And just in case you wanna start pulling advanced numbers out your !#@, 11.86 Assist Rate vs 10.42 Assist Rate. 10.6 Total Rebound Rate vs 10.3 Total Rebound Rate. 
His better offensive arsenal hasn't helped him score more or be more efficient than Durant. He didn't even shoot better from mid range than Durant did last year.

Don't bring logic or statistics into this. It's falling on deaf homer ears.

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

You corny as hell.

I love you, too, sweetums.

This is his 9th year in the league. At some point you are who you are.
People were saying the same thing about MJ during his first 5/6 years...he's a great scorer but can he get past the Piston and the old guard? Can he make his teammates better?
People are saying the same thing about LeBron now...you going to tell me that Bron can't use his disappointing Finals performance as fuel and come back scorching hot to take his place as an all time great?

Kobe and Shaq kept consistently falling short of their potential before Phil...what if he never went to LA?

Before Freddy Roach Pacquiao was widely classified as a one dimensional slugger, no where near the elite P4P rankings...What about now?

In this sensationalist modern sports culture people rush to judgement too quick. Thirsty to label, rank and neatly package an athletes career into and E60 story...but that doesn't really do justice to reality.

Melo's back in his birthplace, with a happy young family, he has the coach he wanted, an All-star front line, he's playing in the "mecca of ball"..he knows all eyes are on him, this is his time to shine. Lets see what he does. We can't forget this is the dude who arguable had the best Freshman year in NCAA history. 

Who has really flourished in Denver anyway?

I don't think the MJ and Bron analogies really apply in this case. MJ and Bron were/are at the very top of the game individually, and their challenge was/is to achieve team success. To me that's not the same thing as going from a borderline top 10 player (and I'm being generous with that, IMO he's lower but just to avoid a separate argument) to making the jump into the best player in the league conversation in his 9th season. I think that's pretty rare if not unheard of.
Kobe and Shaq, same thing. Two elite talents that needed to learn how to coexist for the sake of the team. The best individual player in the league at the time and the guy who would become the best player in the league.

I just don't think Melo's talent level is comparable to any of those 4 guys. He's never been at or near the top of the game like those 4 guys. And at age 27, I think he has either reached his peak or come pretty damn close to it. It's hard for me to believe he's gonna make some massive improvement in his game at this point and make the leap to that elite level.

I can respect that argument even though I don't agree with you.
Guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think both Bron and Melo can both work on some skills to take their games to a higher level. Melo with his passing (which he can be very good at) and defense and Bron with his post game and outside shot. I don't think they are that far removed in talent level either.

Thanks for the lulz...

Thanks for pointing that out...I believe goldenchild was one of those who were saying he didn't belong.

I don't give a rats +%*% about advanced statistics to be honest . My eyes > ESPN era basketballologist 
Just for kicks post Kobe and Roses' advanced stats 

This will be a fun year. I can already tell.

BTW, when did Melo become the unquestioned #1 guy on the Knicks? I missed that memo.

But in short, Carmelo is not a top 5 player in the league. It's fine though, neither is Dirk & he won a title this year.

I don't give a rats +%*% about advanced statistics to be honest . My eyes > ESPN era basketballologist 
Just for kicks post Kobe and Roses' advanced stats 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Thanks for the lulz...

Thanks for pointing that out...I believe goldenchild was one of those who were saying he didn't belong.

You're talking about TheGoldenChild...different member.
Recline in your armchair brethren.

And University of Nike... I'm still waiting on your answer.. IS IVERSON BETTER THAN KOBE BECAUSE HE HAS MORE SCORING TITLES?

So I guess Melo being 10-1 against Durant in his career while averaging 29.6 points vs Durant's 26.8 while shooting 50% to Durant's 42% doesn't matter right ?
Code:
Player             G  W  L GS   MP   FG  FGA  FG%  3P 3PA  3P%  FT  FTA  FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV  PF  PTSCarmelo Anthony   11 10  1 11 37.0 10.9 21.7 .502 1.0 2.6 .379 6.8  8.0 .852 1.4 5.1 6.5 3.8 1.6 0.8 2.5 3.3 29.6Kevin Durant      11  1 10 11 37.9  8.0 18.9 .423 1.6 4.1 .400 9.2 10.3 .894 0.8 6.0 6.8 3.0 1.4 1.1 2.7 2.5 26.8

So I guess Melo being 10-1 against Durant in his career while averaging 29.6 points vs Durant's 26.8 while shooting 50% to Durant's 42% doesn't matter right ?

No.

If that's what your eyes see...we'll go with that
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom