So NT... school me on NYC

I'm pretty sure that I will be relocating from the west coast (Portland, OR) to NYC at the mid to end of next year. I have family who have lived in Rochester, Brooklyn, and Manhattan so I've been out there 3 times or so.

My question is... what about NYC is so great? Besides being the mecca of hip-hop, i'm a DJ, what is everything I need to know before moving, that only NY'ers such as yourselves would know.

Where are the best places to live within the budget of $1000 or less a month?
Where are the greatest places to cheel?
Best record stores?
Best shoe spots?
Best clothing spots?
Best slice of pie?
Are you NY'ers sick of empire state of mind?
etc...?

I need to know it all. Consider this like a dummys guide to NYC.

MTA
MSG
MoM
MMoA or Met
NYY
NYM
NYK
NYR
SoHo
NoHo
TriBeCa
NYSE
NASDAQ
NYPD
NYFD
GTL (just kidding, stay class Jersey!)

Basically, acronyms and abbreviations.

Oh and just realize you are a burger.

wait a rent budget of 1000k a month? for that you can get studio somewhere BK BX QUeens ...and NYC is just cool do as you please within the confines of the law
because nobody cares here...we mind our own business

Originally Posted by imsooldschool

Where are the best places to live within the budget of $1000 or less a month?

Oxymoron? NYC aint Portland man, money doesnt go as far there.

Why you moving out there anyways?

do some homework on da boros....NYC is a world all its own...a harlem dude is completely different from a BK dude, and

a staten island dude is alien to a BX dude, and QNZ cats on some other swag aswell...

just moved out here recently, what is there to do apart from shop and eat??? Anyone know where to find free workshops, classes or courses?? I'm still searching for a corporate job and need to find ways to keep busy in the meantime.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

do some homework on da boros....NYC is a world all its own...a harlem dude is completely different from a BK dude, and

a staten island dude is alien to a BX dude, and QNZ cats on some other swag aswell...

that !%$$ is the truth.. good !%$$ ninja

Originally Posted by dboulders

that !%$$ is the truth.. good !%$$ ninja

QFT

Originally Posted by bijald0331

MTA
MSG
MoM
MMoA or Met
NYY
NYM
NYK
NYR
SoHo
NoHo
TriBeCa
NYSE
NASDAQ
NYPD
NYFD

Originally Posted by bijald0331

MTA
MSG
MoM
MMoA or Met
NYY
NYM
NYK
NYR
SoHo
NoHo
TriBeCa
NYSE
NASDAQ
NYPD
NYFD

serious? you're really gonna post nyse, and nypd like no one but ny'ers have that kind of insider knowledge? trying to slide burger on me like i'm the one. martha stewart had more insider information than you.

stay away from anything east of flatbush ave if you dont like/have never encountered west indian people. they are not friendly. especially during rush hour. Dont believe me, try taking the 4 train to the last stop and then try to get up the stairs & out the station. Or try getting on a bus after you get on the train.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom