So NTer GaBeGRaMs scammed me out of $100

I did NOT give this dude a fake 100.

I handed him the money in his car after counting it myself. He then counted it.

He's also telling me now that it was a taped up 100. And I'm saying HECK no because it was a crisp 100 I gave him. And I said the tape would have been indication to check the hundred. "Sore thumb"

This transaction happened Saturday afternoon and I get a text at 7 tonight that it's fake money ? I myself do not know what to do in this instance. But I do not believe I gave him a fake 100 or 50.

uhm guys he cant go exchange the 4100 bill because if this story is true im 100% sure the restaurant would have taken it and they are suppose to call police since its a federal crime!

Also nothing the OP can do. No way to tell who is trying to scam who. In the buyer eyes he feel he is getting scammed int he seller eyes he feel he been scammed

Suck up the loss and learn from this lesson

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Take a second next time to at least make a cursory check of the bills. Only takes a moment to check watermarks, looks, feel and material composition of bills.

laugh.gif

I copped a pack of these this summer when I started doing business on CL....$3.99 a piece or $9.99 for a 3 pack

pen.jpg

it was probably an honest mistake; but maybe the buyer should man up and give the dude a legit $100 bill

When doing local meetups I make sure to check all the money before giving them the items I'm selling.

I let em know beforehand that I do this to everyone so not to be offended and that they should do it as well if their selling items locally to strangers to protect themselves as well.

Nah the restaurant manager came up to me sat down and pulled out that same marker above.

Said fake 100s been going around a lot recently.

I ALWAYS use my debit. For EVERYTHING.

The only reason I used this 100 was because on Saturday my banks ATM wouldn't except it.

Again I'm POSITIVE that this was the 100 you gave me.

I had no other cash.

Originally Posted by StillIn729

it was probably an honest mistake; but maybe the buyer should man up and give the dude a legit $100 bill

why should he man up? He doesnt know if the OP is trying to scamm him

Just find some place to get change. I got a fake 20 from an arcade once. Got my money back and turned that 20 in to the corner store easy.

Granted a buck will be harder but it depends what you buy.

Originally Posted by Jumpman2314
So if that is his 100/50 bills ... how about if he was unaware that the bills were fake as well...? Can you really fault him for not checking/not knowing?
You can say the same thing for you for not checking the bills when yall met up...

I dont understand how you want to get the police involved for something that couldve been a honest mistake...

Honestly, i dont see any of yall "backing down" so it wont get resolved... Either you can take it as a lesson learned or making this dirtier than it truly supposed to be...

Like dudes said try to break it down at a deli or whatever... 

Originally Posted by Executive76

Originally Posted by Vendetta

Take a second next time to at least make a cursory check of the bills. Only takes a moment to check watermarks, looks, feel and material composition of bills.

laugh.gif

I copped a pack of these this summer when I started doing business on CL....$3.99 a piece or $9.99 for a 3 pack

pen.jpg

laugh.gif
I did too

It's funny cuz I could just as easily see this thread bein made by gabegrams and his side of the story

and OP paying with a $100 bill at a restaurant is pretty dumb when you realized the $50 was fake

Originally Posted by Regis

I just spoke to my friend whos a cop and has contact with the FEDS.
He said all IPs of the people who suggested what to do with the counterfeit money will be tracked.
Lmao.

I never though neither of the bills were fake...

I just knew my ATM wouldn't except them...

I found out the 100 was fake at the restaurant...

I'm still trying to talk it out with him now but there seems to be no "clean" way to end this.

Originally Posted by Cicero Avenue Dopeman

go 2 ur local kush man im sure he aint gonna use a marker

This. RIP if you do it though.
laugh.gif

One of the reasons I don't like messing with 100's, 20's >>>

and don't even try spending it, my godmother almost got in serious trouble trying to spend a fake $5 (she didn't know it was fake) that someone gave her at a garage sell.

I want to hear the other side of the story, SMH @ dude if he knew the 100 was fake.

Back
Top Bottom