So On The Real, How Did NT "Used To Be"

Originally Posted by Cameron Nelson

Originally Posted by Nek32

I can't believe I've been on here since '02. It felt a lot more personal back in the early days....you felt like you knew people and that you belonged to a community. Nowadays it just seems like it's overcrowded with little kids

People getting scammed left and right since there were no guidelines at all in selling stuff
laugh.gif
(I got burned too
mad.gif
)  I remember one dude ripped off at least 6 or 7 people with the exact same picture of some Flint XIII's.

No separate forum for Music and Sports...everything was lumped into one and it was taken over by posts about rap music. Eventually the rap battles started. Anyone remember the tournaments??

EDIT: Who had that Saturn that they were trickin' out and kept posting pictures that everybody clowned on? Was that Cameron? I always thought it looked kinda dope....I wonder what the car looks like now.
laugh.gif
Yeah, that was me...and you're def.right about that first sentence. It's done...can't be changed anymore; had more body work than Michael Jackson.
So I'm saying Cam... You finished it and didn't share pics with us? You know better than that
30t6p3b.gif

Had us waiting for YEARS. I've been through 2 screen names waiting on this thing. AND YOU BEEN DONE? 

You're a foul dude for that one bruh 
laugh.gif

Post pics 
frown.gif

And NT was better when WDYWT was in the general. Thats the time mark that I can look back on for the OG NT that I originally joined. 

I just remember laughing a lot more. ie the gif of the fat girl turning into the michellin man. I swear i was in tears.

03-05 NT was great.

I just remember laughing a lot more. ie the gif of the fat girl turning into the michellin man. I swear i was in tears.

03-05 NT was great.

There was only a handful of hypebeasts and iss
eyes.gif
was nothing compared to Niketalk. 
&

When you got bored of NikeTalk, you went over to Hood Talk
devil.gif
laugh.gif

&

Phanizzle had heat all day with the wdywt 
alien.gif

There was only a handful of hypebeasts and iss
eyes.gif
was nothing compared to Niketalk. 
&

When you got bored of NikeTalk, you went over to Hood Talk
devil.gif
laugh.gif

&

Phanizzle had heat all day with the wdywt 
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Manglor

It was different.

Half of us knew each other by name not just screen name.

There was an automatic level of respect knowing you were posting with someone who you would be posting with for awhile.

It wasn't about -look what i have and you dont- like it is now.

It's almost like the difference between fast food and a nice sit down restaurant.

Don't get me wrong i am not complaining or saying it's lame now and was perfect back in the day, it's just different.
I agree 100%.  I'd even add that in today's NT many posters "ask" questions just to get attention rather than really seeking advice.  My profile says I joined in 04' but I've been lurking since 02' and it seemed like back then when dudes had problems they really needed help not e-fame like some posters (Manglor knows who I mean).

Originally Posted by Manglor

It was different.

Half of us knew each other by name not just screen name.

There was an automatic level of respect knowing you were posting with someone who you would be posting with for awhile.

It wasn't about -look what i have and you dont- like it is now.

It's almost like the difference between fast food and a nice sit down restaurant.

Don't get me wrong i am not complaining or saying it's lame now and was perfect back in the day, it's just different.
I agree 100%.  I'd even add that in today's NT many posters "ask" questions just to get attention rather than really seeking advice.  My profile says I joined in 04' but I've been lurking since 02' and it seemed like back then when dudes had problems they really needed help not e-fame like some posters (Manglor knows who I mean).

less Ohio hate...

and some pudgy asian hacked my computer and demanded paypal money or else he'd keep harassing me...

Ive been here since 03..

less Ohio hate...

and some pudgy asian hacked my computer and demanded paypal money or else he'd keep harassing me...

Ive been here since 03..

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

03-05 NT was great.

pimp.gif
 Thread was epic. I was all over that thread 
laugh.gif

Anyone have an old link to it?

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

03-05 NT was great.

pimp.gif
 Thread was epic. I was all over that thread 
laugh.gif

Anyone have an old link to it?

I remember the Josh Howard outburst
roll.gif

The biggest difference is the JB forum
eek.gif
Talk about different...

From the amount of time I've been on here, it just seems different. Still great, but different.

I remember the Josh Howard outburst
roll.gif

The biggest difference is the JB forum
eek.gif
Talk about different...

From the amount of time I've been on here, it just seems different. Still great, but different.

It was definitely different back in the day...It was less moderated for sure, the PYP threads were absolutely golden. I also completely forgot about the rap battles before coming into this thread, that brings back a lot of memories. It's hard to believe that I've been on here for about 8 years, it doesn't seem like that long.

It was definitely different back in the day...It was less moderated for sure, the PYP threads were absolutely golden. I also completely forgot about the rap battles before coming into this thread, that brings back a lot of memories. It's hard to believe that I've been on here for about 8 years, it doesn't seem like that long.

who remembers ACakaActinium, RayLewis, captain planet? Bowserella, 412 cam,?

PYP's were epic
I remember when the title of damn near every post didnt have "Vol:" after it...
30t6p3b.gif

General was the !%+

who remembers ACakaActinium, RayLewis, captain planet? Bowserella, 412 cam,?

PYP's were epic
I remember when the title of damn near every post didnt have "Vol:" after it...
30t6p3b.gif

General was the !%+

I started lurking '04, and joined in '05....So I prolly missed the prime years but as everyone said it just felt more like a community...Way more personal topics and less STUPID immaturity.

I started lurking '04, and joined in '05....So I prolly missed the prime years but as everyone said it just felt more like a community...Way more personal topics and less STUPID immaturity.

Back
Top Bottom