So T-Pain is the surprise artist Lil Wayne signed to Young Money! vol. WHY?

Lunden

formerly pleasesaythebaby23
I live in Tally and this has been goin around the city since November and looks like its official now

I honestly thought it was Chris Brown or Lloyd

if you dont know what im talkin bout Lil Wayne has been announcing for the past couple of days that he signing a surprise artist to Young Money that no one would guess

Honestly I dont like the move and im slowly thinkin YM is falling off (im calling it now Drake gonna leave and so is Nicki and Tyga)

I think Spitta, Wiz, Mac, Sean, KRIT, Cole, Wale all are the new faces and era of hip hop thats gonna take over (yeah i know some of them been out for awhile but they buzz is growing by the day)

I live in Tally and this has been goin around the city since November and looks like its official now

if you dont know what im talkin bout Lil Wayne has been announcing for the past couple of days that he signing a surprise artist to Young Money that no one would guess

Honestly I dont like the move and im slowly thinkin YM is falling off (im calling it now Drake gonna leave and so is Nicki and Tyga)

I think Spitta, Wiz, Mac, Sean, KRIT, Cole, Wale all are the new faces and era of hip hop thats gonna take over (yeah i know some of them been out for awhile but they buzz is growing by the day)

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

indifferent.gif
 ppl been saying this since forever...it aint gonna happen. YM is doing good so far..you acting like !!@+ has been falling to peices. minaj is about to go plat. drake just went plat. 
but i dont think signing t-pain was a good look either.

indifferent.gif
 ppl been saying this since forever...it aint gonna happen. YM is doing good so far..you acting like !!@+ has been falling to peices. minaj is about to go plat. drake just went plat. 

Originally Posted by MrWavez

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
they havent even been on the label 5 years its still very possible

i thought t pain's money was long enough he didnt need wayne and YM

Originally Posted by MrWavez

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
they havent even been on the label 5 years its still very possible

i thought t pain's money was long enough he didnt need wayne and YM

^
No he just another bum added to the roster that only has 3 people wit careers or potential careers

Pain had potential to be bigger then what he i

He has fell off hard n everybody in Tally know that y'all just don't see it yet

Rappa Ternt Sang & Epiphany T-Pain is gone.....now he make wack uptempo tracks like take ya shirt off when he was makin bangers like Tipsy and Yo Stomach

^
No he just another bum added to the roster that only has 3 people wit careers or potential careers

Pain had potential to be bigger then what he i

He has fell off hard n everybody in Tally know that y'all just don't see it yet

Rappa Ternt Sang & Epiphany T-Pain is gone.....now he make wack uptempo tracks like take ya shirt off when he was makin bangers like Tipsy and Yo Stomach

honestly, though.. what can T-Pain do now? his career has reached its zenith and he's been on the steady decline for the last year or two now. another album of his will not sell well, and his alignment with Young Money can't help him. T-Pain is done.

honestly, though.. what can T-Pain do now? his career has reached its zenith and he's been on the steady decline for the last year or two now. another album of his will not sell well, and his alignment with Young Money can't help him. T-Pain is done.

Did OP say YM is falling off?!?!?!
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

They have 3 of the hottest rappers in rap music
indifferent.gif

I'm confused on how T-Pain's deal works though. I thought he's Konvict & Nappy Boy? What is adding another label gonna do for him?

T-Pain doesn't even make good music anymore. He's a big name signee, but he's watered down and is in "Jeezy State".
(I thought "Reverse Cowgirl" was dope though).

Did OP say YM is falling off?!?!?!
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

They have 3 of the hottest rappers in rap music
indifferent.gif

I'm confused on how T-Pain's deal works though. I thought he's Konvict & Nappy Boy? What is adding another label gonna do for him?

T-Pain doesn't even make good music anymore. He's a big name signee, but he's watered down and is in "Jeezy State".
(I thought "Reverse Cowgirl" was dope though).

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

why would Wayne and them sign T-Pain. They should of went and got Chris Brown. 

Like Jive/Zomba would have just handed them over Cris Brown.  He may have a few Blemishes on his resume, but he is still a valuable asset who is under contract. People like T-pain get let out of there contracts/dropped because they are gimmicks whose 5mins are over, but people like Cris Brown, Britney Spears, and all those other pop stars with a large following are just one smash away from going at least platinum.  While people will T-pain need a couple of smash hit just to to even dream about sniffing gold.  Look at the numbers, they don't lie.

Sometimes I think you guys don't really understand how the record business works.  You don't just give up on a valuable asset.  You weather the storm and cash in once everything clears up.   

Back
Top Bottom