So the Powermat is pretty much a commercial success...What else is in store in the near future?

These things have been flying off the shelves at Target. Most likely cause it's a pretty cool holiday gift.

Even my old $#@ pops bought one for himself
laugh.gif

1cf26ca81db470ca3bb5e935d2850897af4348c1.jpg

What else do you think is coming our way? Technology wise..

I was thinking about something like sneakers, pants, or home floorboards that would harness the energy we use by walking and I dunno...Turn it intoelectricity. I mean we have windmills that make electricity...Why couldn't we harness our day to day walking and body movements to create some one day.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

From the reviews I heard its pretty wack. You have to spend another $100+ for accessories to allow your electronics to charge.

It's still a commercial success.

And I'm sure it'll improve just like with every other technology.

At least the idea has been put out and has been accepted...It's start of something new I guess.

That whole wireless gimmick is terrible. But they're selling units so to each his own.

I wouldn't buy. Would recieve little to no use if I had one

I got a friend who looked at the powermat and immediately hated it.

He went on and on about how gimmicky technology like this is what prevents a ton of investor's money going towards things that matter more like longerlasting batteries.

Then he ended up buying one the next week.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I got a friend who looked at the powermat and immediately hated it.

He went on and on about how gimmicky technology like this is what prevents a ton of investor's money going towards things that matter more like longer lasting batteries.

Then he ended up buying one the next week.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I do that so much.

I can't get with this though.

yet

Originally Posted by blaxoid

Gimmick.. You're a moron if you buy this
I think the Powermat is kinda like what Nike Air bubbles were to the sneaker game.

When the Air Max 1 first came out, everyone hated it cause it was gimmicky but look at how that turned out. Within like 3 years everybody was rockin NikeAir's.

I think the same is gonna happen with this...Everyone is gonna want wireless chargeable electronics. Almost everyone.

Originally Posted by JMar 23

From the reviews I heard its pretty wack. You have to spend another $100+ for accessories to allow your electronics to charge.

Yeah, thats the way it appeared to me??? anyone have one who may be able to enlighten us with some info?

Portland, Ore. -- A process used to create the world's first inexpensive transparent circuitry based on inorganic materials could enable a new era ofelectronics. The circuit--a five-inverter ring oscillator cast in amorphous indium gallium oxide--was recently demonstrated here at Oregon State University.The transparent circuits could be "embossed" on virtually any surface, from "smart glass"--displays with integrated computers in a"windshield"--to ultraefficient solar-cell "coatings" painted onto an electric car. "We now have proof that transparent transistorscan be used to create an integrated circuit, and we showed how to make transparent circuits with conventional photolithography techniques," said JohnWager, professor of electrical engineering at Oregon State University. "We are moving transparent electronics from the laboratory toward workingcommercial applications." Wager performed the work with fellow professors Doug Keszler and Janet Tate, and electrical engineer Rick Presley. Since theprocess is inorganic, it promises superior performance compared with organic transparent circuits. The inorganic circuits show higher electron mobility, higherchemical stability and higher physical durability, but use only low-temperature fabrication that rivals those of conductive polymers. Today, most research intotransparent electronics centers on organic conductive polymers, which are very inexpensive to manufacture and which, unlike silicon circuitry, only require lowtemperatures for fabrication.

This is the future
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I saw this on the rack at the 7-11 but I forgot to pick it up...

Should be a good casual read.

041136536a39e31.jpeg

Where the hell is CRCBaller?
nerd.gif

He was always an egghead for techy stuff like this....

Don't chargers come free when you buy phones, cameras, etc. ?

Originally Posted by jerseymizzle

so wait. you buy the powermat, and then you have to buy a case for each device to charge it? nah i'm good.

i'm sure at some point this tech could be standard and i'd go with it.
but at $100+accessories i'm fine with my cords.
And then to make it worse, the PowerMat itself isn't even wireeless. You still have to plug it in. So pay 100-140$ for the Powermat, 40$ for adock for each device you need to charge.

I paid .99cents for this, charges solar. Comes with a variety of tips to fit different devices, plus even has a USB port so you can also use that, and has theOPTION, not requirement, of you just plugging it in.

2rw8575.jpg

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

I saw this on the rack at the 7-11 but I forgot to pick it up...

Should be a good casual read.

041136536a39e31.jpeg

Where the hell is CRCBaller?
nerd.gif

He was always an egghead for techy stuff like this....
wink.gif

I love the concept of this. However, the execution at this stage of the game doesn't work. It'll never catch on as long as you have to attach aseparate connector to your gadget. If it were something similar to the Palm Pre's charging stone, then that would be a great implementation. Once theycan fix that and bring the price down, then it'll start to catch on quickly just like GPS units did.

FYI... This was introduced at CES in 2005
wink.gif

^ There you are!

Keep talking about technology stuff....

storytime.gif

EDIT:
Whoops. Forgot to say "please".

Where are my manners.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

so wait. you buy the powermat, and then you have to buy a case for each device to charge it? nah i'm good.

And then to make it worse, the PowerMat itself isn't even wireeless. You still have to plug it in. So pay 100-140$ for the Powermat, 40$ for a dock for each device you need to charge.

I paid .99cents for this, charges solar. Comes with a variety of tips to fit different devices, plus even has a USB port so you can also use that, and has the OPTION, not requirement, of you just plugging it in.

2rw8575.jpg
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

it was weird i hear dabout this at some science convention like 2 years ago, its cool to see that its finally out.

it was weird i hear dabout this at some science convention like 2 years ago, its cool to see that its finally out.

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

And then to make it worse, the PowerMat itself isn't even wireeless. You still have to plug it in. So pay 100-140$ for the Powermat, 40$ for a dock for each device you need to charge.

I paid .99cents for this, charges solar. Comes with a variety of tips to fit different devices, plus even has a USB port so you can also use that, and has the OPTION, not requirement, of you just plugging it in.

2rw8575.jpg

nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom