So the Taliban Pulled Up and Overthrew.

Page 10809 and onward in the Political Thread I have numerous posts regarding the situation

If you a summary:

-Taliban taking over again was destined to happen. Nearly everyone thought it would happen eventually, Trump included. The shock is it happened so quickly with such little resistance

-The president to blame for this situation is neither Biden nor Trump, it is Bush. We should have never gone over there, and even if 9/11 pushed us in that direction he still botched it worse than anyone

-Afghanistan is nearly impossible to hold. The British Empire failed, the Russians were more murderous than us and failed, we failed. If someone else tries, they will fail.

-The Afghan government is corrupt and had little interest in stopping the Taliban

-The Afghan military rolled over faster than most predicted, but I don't blame these dudes for not wanting to die for a hopeless fight

-A lot of Afghans wanted the US gone

-The biggest mistake the Biden Admin made was assuming the Afghan army would be able to hold off the Taliban for at least 6 months. After a little while, they just gave up, and let them take over. Which caused the panic to evacuate so quickly this weekend.

-I feel really sad for all the people whose lives will be affected by this

-I hope we can get all our collaborators out of the country in time

-The US should be willing to takin in million of refugees but this country will never do that. At best the people who aided the military will be let in

-Most dudes that will Monday morning quarterback this will be wrong. Because they will treat foreign policy/middle east policy/Afghan policy like it is a game instead of a complex situation that has been misrepresented in your news for decades.

-People will complain about the US's exit, but nearly will offer no good alternative strategy of what should have been done. Conservatives, progressives, and "both sides" dudes that are inclined to criticize Biden will ignore a lot to make their simplistic take work. Again, Bush is the President people should be upset at all things considered.

So in short, this was a 20-year ****show that ended in a 3-day **** show.

repped, quoted for strong emphasis on all points here.
/thread
/afghanistan

Yeah, to say it’s the USA’s fault is a cop out. That places leadership let that place go

Now take those funds no longer spent on “defending” that area and cut me several more stimulus checks, put it towards education, etc.
You know the Afghanistan funds just gon be re invested back into the military or law enforcement…It comes from the ppl but not for us ppl :smh: …The loudest ones that cry about what their taxes can be used for won’t even care about this tho, they tend to want to give blank checks to all this bs

Last edited:
Relevant for those who haven't read it

"A confidential trove of government documents obtained by The Washington Post reveals that senior U.S. officials failed to tell the truth about the war in Afghanistan throughout the 18-year campaign, making rosy pronouncements they knew to be false and hiding unmistakable evidence the war had become unwinnable."

You know the Afghanistan finds just gon be re invested back into the military or law enforcement…It comes from the ppl but not for us ppl :smh: …The loudest ones that cry about what their taxes can be used for won’t even care about this tho, they tend to want to give blank checks to all this bs
They’ll take that money and funnel it back to the same worthless “peace” efforts they claim are so important

Honestly, I’m not even blaming trump for what’s happening. This is a cruel game of me or you. Either US troops go or they do. It’s the harsh reality. This was predicted to happen a decade + ago

i love how people are bashing trump or obama or biden over these afghanistan issues

when Bush that moronic prick is the one responsible for all of this

i always say the presidency is the face of the country. they don't pass laws, and in many ways have less power than congress. but the president is the face of the country.

if the economy sags, pres gets some blame.
if it does well, they may get some credit.

if crime goes up, same thing. pres can take heat. but congress can enact legislation to attack that problem.

....if we have an asteroid hit the earth causing some damage (possibility, but not likely cuz of math, knock on wood), he can take heat from these people about why nasa didn't do this, or why didn't we shoot at it..

bad enough these people exist and have this mentality.

the real problem is they vote.

i love how people are bashing trump or obama or biden over these afghanistan issues

when Bush that moronic prick is the one responsible for all of this
I raise you a Bush senior. I believe he was the culprit/catalyst. Junior was just following Papi.
If we wanna really point a figure we can blame the root :nerd:
F17A1FB1-0AEB-4706-B1D4-2AA9EDB9BC06.png

I raise you a Bush senior. I believe he was the culprit/catalyst. Junior was just following Papi.
If we wanna really point a figure we can blame the root :nerd:
F17A1FB1-0AEB-4706-B1D4-2AA9EDB9BC06.png

Lets not forget Cheney and Rumsfield. You got the presidents father as head of the largest conglomerate of defense contractors in the world and the vice president, former head of one of the largest defense contracting companies in the world and they just so happen to start a war under questionable pretenses that funnels hundreds of billions of taxpayer money into these very same companies. I stopped believing in representative government at that point in time.

Lets not forget Cheney and Rumsfield. You got the presidents father as head of the largest conglomerate of defense contractors in the world and the vice president, former head of one of the largest defense contracting companies in the world and they just so happen to start a war under questionable pretenses that funnels hundreds of billions of taxpayer money into these very same companies. I stopped believing in representative government at that point in time.
Touché

It's a unfortunate situation. The Taliban is going to enforce the Sharia Laws and erase any progress we made the last 20 years. Hopefully some of the more progressive areas can break off and form there own autonomous societies. Afghanistan was always more of a collection of separate regional groups rather than whole country anyways and something tells me the border changes will reflect that in the coming years.
strict sharia law will be Enforced all parts of Afghanistan
but I believe it’s their country let them do what they want

this county was not our place to allow the freedoms we think we have here to be Implemented on the people of Afghanistan
it’s not the United States business on telling other places how to run their people or country

we can’t be the police of the world anymore

The US stood there for way to long then what was needed
when 9/11 happened I’m sure bin landen was already in Pakistan not Afghanistan
the US was too friendly with Pakistan that’s why it was never invaded until they finally found bin laden

Some people are too thin skinned over a bit of humour, y'all need to lioghten up

I'm pretty sure if you lost a close friend or family member in the world trade attacks you wouldn’t find any humor in what you posted

this county was not our place to allow the freedoms we think we have here to be Implemented on the people of Afghanistan
it’s not the United States business on telling other places how to run their people or country

The US stood there for way to long then what was needed
when 9/11 happened I’m sure bin landen was already in Pakistan not Afghanistan
the US was too friendly with Pakistan that’s why it was never invaded until they finally found bin laden

I'm pretty sure if you lost a close friend or family member in the world trade attacks you wouldn’t find any humor in what you posted
What a dumbass post
saw people try to hang on to/fall out of an airplane just to get away from the taliban. i'm good.
Whos alt is that
*sees the join date

Grand Closing Grand Opening GIF - Grand Closing Grand Opening - Discover &  Share GIFs
you got TBI right?
Please do not shift the focus of this thread onto a troll.

Please do not shift the focus of this thread onto a troll.
let him speak. i’m curious why hes finding humor
It's a unfortunate situation. The Taliban is going to enforce the Sharia Laws and erase any progress we made the last 20 years. Hopefully some of the more progressive areas can break off and form there own autonomous societies. Afghanistan was always more of a collection of separate regional groups rather than whole country anyways and something tells me the border changes will reflect that in the coming years.
it’s very interesting what will come about with social change. saw an interview of the rebels laugh after a question regarding women’s right to vote.

9 years ago.

The interesting part starts at the 3:00 mark.

It's wild to watch though. Talk about $20 trillion gone in flames.

I agree with you, but that type of Archiac mindset is eventually going to go by the wayside. It's the reason why ultra conservative/religious societies are threatened by the west. The way we live and what we advertise to the world goes against their strict ideologies.

I read that Afghanistan is responsible for 80% of the global trade of heroin and opium. Will pulling out of the country send a supply shock to the US market? Im just curious how much us being in Afghanistan exacerbated the opioid crisis in the US. We gotta speed up the national legalization of weed here already.

You guys can't begin to fathom how hard it is for Afghans and Afghan Americans right now. My parents fled the soviets almost 40 years ago in similar circumstances. Now it's going to be a whole new generation of Afghans fleeing with nothing to their names to start all over again in countries they'd never think they'd be in. You think anyone actually wants to leave their homeland? No one wants the Taliban there. It's outside influence that wants the Taliban in power, mainly Pakistan. The links between the US, Pakistan, and the Taliban are clear as day and its all well documented. Also saying that the Afghan "army" pretty much rolled over and gave up is a big fallacy that the US is portraying to help make ourselves feel better for leaving. These guys were literally not getting paid for months and were sold out by the corrupt Afghan govt. They were ordered the surrender to avoid any bloodshed. That puppet pos Ghani fled the country with millions of dollars while his people are suffering.

A lot of this should fall on the United States for legitimatizing the Taliban and brokering peace with them. The rest should fall on the corrupt government of Afghanistan. The amount of Afghans I know or heard about thru the grapevine profiting in the last 20 years was insane. RustyShackleford RustyShackleford summed it up pretty well and the reddit post gry60 gry60 posted really explains the complexities and nuances of what led us here.

People keep saying Afghanistan is the graveyard of empires when in reality its the graveyard of my peoples hopes and dreams. It's sad to say but I don't think I'll ever see peace in my lifetime for my Afghan brothers and sisters back home.

Back
Top Bottom