So This Quarter Apple Made $6 Billion In Profit...Vol. They're Winning

Originally Posted by UnbornSeed

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

OP, Why do you ride so hard for Apple? Got stocks? I always see you in these threads with a million posts in favor of whatever Apple does

They represent a change in the computer industry. They are taking the opposite approach of what has been the "norm" in the computer industry. Instead of building super hi-tech number crunchers/cyrsis machines they make products for the everyday computer user. Instead of trying get their product in stores they have gotten stores BEGGING to carry their products. Their philosophy and business model is so different than what I have ever seen in the technology industry.
Dude, they did the same damned thing any company did...they just slapped an apple logo on things, made them exclusive and viola!  I have a macbook and i love it but if my job didnt give it to me I wouldnt have one. Apple is grossly over-priced, they dont pay their workers commission so in the end they stand to make billions if you're paying people 10 bucks an hr to sell $250k of product a day
Not true at all. If there is ANYTHING that goes wrong with your Macbook you can take it to get fixed at the Apple store. Now compare that warranty process to if you bought a HP or Dell. Where would you get it serviced at? More than likely youd have to either ship it out to them or pay for a third party to repair it. That is major improvement for consumer electronics.

Edit: I do acknowledge though software wise there offerings on the OSX is nothing in comparison to Windows at all. They REALLY need to step up their offering to Third Party Developers.

OP, Why do you ride so hard for Apple? Got stocks? I always see you in these threads with a million posts in favor of whatever Apple does

They represent a change in the computer industry. They are taking the opposite approach of what has been the "norm" in the computer industry. Instead of building super hi-tech number crunchers/cyrsis machines they make products for the everyday computer user. Instead of trying get their product in stores they have gotten stores BEGGING to carry their products. Their philosophy and business model is so different than what I have ever seen in the technology industry.
Dude, they did the same damned thing any company did...they just slapped an apple logo on things, made them exclusive and viola!  I have a macbook and i love it but if my job didnt give it to me I wouldnt have one. Apple is grossly over-priced, they dont pay their workers commission so in the end they stand to make billions if you're paying people 10 bucks an hr to sell $250k of product a day
Not true at all. If there is ANYTHING that goes wrong with your Macbook you can take it to get fixed at the Apple store. Now compare that warranty process to if you bought a HP or Dell. Where would you get it serviced at? More than likely youd have to either ship it out to them or pay for a third party to repair it. That is major improvement for consumer electronics.

Edit: I do acknowledge though software wise there offerings on the OSX is nothing in comparison to Windows at all. They REALLY need to step up their offering to Third Party Developers.

LOL you are mistaken. no other business model is like apples. Their route of distribution has always been through their own channels. Microsoft allowed their software on other computers, apple has not.

but that is besides the point....

no other company has seen the growth apple has seen...its insane to make 6bil in a quarter as a tech company. I really think that jobs has laid out plans for his execs should he have to take a permanent leave and retire. with their ecosystem of products and iOs expansion, this company is in good position IMO

LOL you are mistaken. no other business model is like apples. Their route of distribution has always been through their own channels. Microsoft allowed their software on other computers, apple has not.

but that is besides the point....

no other company has seen the growth apple has seen...its insane to make 6bil in a quarter as a tech company. I really think that jobs has laid out plans for his execs should he have to take a permanent leave and retire. with their ecosystem of products and iOs expansion, this company is in good position IMO

Back
Top Bottom