So whats it like to be a white male from a middle class family or richer?

Originally Posted by TruthGetsBusy

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

You think you know everything. 
who?
middle class white males
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Originally Posted by Slicknick951

Race has nothing to do with it. Its about the opportunities you get and what you do with them.

laugh.gif

I swear you people live in a Utopian world that I would love to live in 
laugh.gif

Guess so, because I'm darker than most of the world and my mom is darker than 95 percent of the world and an immigrant and there's not one thing about our lives that we are unhappy with, dark skin and alladat *shrug*
My mom is a nurse, came here with absolutely nothing and now makes good money, and I've gone to the best schools in the city since preschool. My elementary school was amazingly competitive and based its acceptance on IQ and out of thousands of applicants I was one of 16 kids to make it in that year. If they didn't want a little caramel colored 4 year old with a black mom in their school, they didn't have to accept me
laugh.gif

I've been given opportunities my whole life and, look at that, now I'm a Hispanic (looking) female in a very competitive college in an impossibly competitive physics department doing very well with all the middle to upper class white males
smokin.gif

Race has nothing to do with it. Its about the opportunities you get and what you do with them.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Guess so, because I'm darker than most of the world and my mom is darker than 95 percent of the world and an immigrant and there's not one thing about our lives that we are unhappy with, dark skin and alladat *shrug*
My mom is a nurse, came here with absolutely nothing and now makes good money, and I've gone to the best schools in the city since preschool. My elementary school was amazingly competitive and based its acceptance on IQ and out of thousands of applicants I was one of 16 kids to make it in that year. If they didn't want a little caramel colored 4 year old with a black mom in their school, they didn't have to accept me
laugh.gif

I've been given opportunities my whole life and, look at that, now I'm a Hispanic (looking) female in a very competitive college in an impossibly competitive physics department doing very well with all the middle to upper class white males
smokin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Race will always be a factor in America, but class is a far greater factor in terms of the oppurtunities presented.  The richest girl in my private high school was black, her father owned the largest black wall street firm and is currently engaged to Tyra Banks.  This chick was not a particualarly adept student, probably on the lower end aptitude wise for my competitive, private high school.  She still got into basically every Ivy league college she applied too though and it sure wasn't cause of her B-student self.

At the end of the day, the Color of Money>>>Color of race

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Race will always be a factor in America, but class is a far greater factor in terms of the oppurtunities presented.  The richest girl in my private high school was black, her father owned the largest black wall street firm and is currently engaged to Tyra Banks.  This chick was not a particualarly adept student, probably on the lower end aptitude wise for my competitive, private high school.  She still got into basically every Ivy league college she applied too though and it sure wasn't cause of her B-student self.

Originally Posted by kilojules64

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
That must make you very proud 

Originally Posted by kilojules64

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

smokin.gif
That must make you very proud 

it's like... when you want something sometimes you get it. But sometimes you have to wait a few days and that sucks

it's like... when you want something sometimes you get it. But sometimes you have to wait a few days and that sucks

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

but in America if you aren't white you will be treated differently at times regardless of how much money you have

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

but in America if you aren't white you will be treated differently at times regardless of how much money you have

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

maybe its not a race thing, but more of a socio-economic status thing?

my life growing up seems pretty similar to some of these stories. the only exception is that my dad used to beat me with a stick and he is a dead ringer for a "High Expectation Asian Father" x "Y U NO" meme collaboration.

yes it is, because every now and again, I'm reminded that even though I drive a Benz, I'm still a N in a coupe.
And I'm not just saying that cause of Ye.  It actually happens. 
Don't take this the wrong way but I'll break it down on how it really is. Don't listen to Kanye. He tries to make it seem like he's still on that poor level but he isn't. Like he can still relate to the poor folks. He can't.
You're only a N in a coupe if some see it as " ghetto rich", "hood rich", etc. If you're Kanye or Jay Z or Robert Johnson you're def not seen as a N in a coupe, even by the racists. I'm talking about when it's known by the observer that the individual is wealthy/rich. 

Money sees no color. There's a monied class and a non monied class. 

For obvious reasons Kanye wants to make it seem like he can still relate to the poor kids in the hood but he can't. No matter where he grew up. Now he's monied and that's the end of the story. 

A lot of people will disagree but that's th truth at the top. Nobody gives a %%*# about your color. It;s how much capital you bring/ can generate .

Originally Posted by eiddyfouw

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

maybe its not a race thing, but more of a socio-economic status thing?

my life growing up seems pretty similar to some of these stories. the only exception is that my dad used to beat me with a stick and he is a dead ringer for a "High Expectation Asian Father" x "Y U NO" meme collaboration.

yes it is, because every now and again, I'm reminded that even though I drive a Benz, I'm still a N in a coupe.
And I'm not just saying that cause of Ye.  It actually happens. 
Don't take this the wrong way but I'll break it down on how it really is. Don't listen to Kanye. He tries to make it seem like he's still on that poor level but he isn't. Like he can still relate to the poor folks. He can't.
You're only a N in a coupe if some see it as " ghetto rich", "hood rich", etc. If you're Kanye or Jay Z or Robert Johnson you're def not seen as a N in a coupe, even by the racists. I'm talking about when it's known by the observer that the individual is wealthy/rich. 

Money sees no color. There's a monied class and a non monied class. 

For obvious reasons Kanye wants to make it seem like he can still relate to the poor kids in the hood but he can't. No matter where he grew up. Now he's monied and that's the end of the story. 

A lot of people will disagree but that's th truth at the top. Nobody gives a %%*# about your color. It;s how much capital you bring/ can generate .

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Look you can pick isolated cases here and there. If I speak Russian on a  bus or train some will give me a dirty look. What am I supposed to take away from that? 

For the most part,  money sees no color. It's money v non-money. 

Originally Posted by adiosburritos

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Look you can pick isolated cases here and there. If I speak Russian on a  bus or train some will give me a dirty look. What am I supposed to take away from that? 

For the most part,  money sees no color. It's money v non-money. 

This thread is great. 

I can relate to all of these stories, but not once have I seen the "how to act when the police stop you" talk.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom