So, when did the Timberland 6" premium boot start retailing for $190??

[quote name="NazDrowie" url="/t/613843/so-when-did-the-timberland-6-premium-boot-start-retailing-for-190/60#post_22190764

[/quote]they don't look bad here but don't really see the point of rocking timbs during the summer/with shorts.

Last edited:
they don't look bad here but don't really see the point of rocking timbs during the summer/with shorts.
i think its more of a statement look when folk do it,

except​ x, its probably his first choice 
laugh.gif

i think its more of a statement look when folk do it,

except​ x, its probably his first choice :lol:  
I feel you, although a person with as many kicks as myself aint really got time to rock the same boots more than I have to. Too many kicks in rotation to do that

I've rocked Timbs with some jorts on the beach before.

Repped. I don't wear Timbs with shorts but I've worn them to the beach and my girl was tight. I wear Timbs anytime and anywhere.

There's a different Timberland thread every week in General

Tims have always been like $160-$180 for the straight up retail price at say Macy's or footlocker. They just usually end up on sale , and most mom and pop stores around NY since I was in HS sold them closer to $100-$120. I do notice a difference in quality though from one pair to the next, like outlet pairs will get the job done, but you can hold it up next to a dept. store pair or a pair you order straight from Timberland and see it doesn't look quite as on point.

The Mobb Deep joints I think are $220 retail anyway. Saw them at the Tannery for that price and they usually don't jack up their prices for in store purchases. They only dropped in somewhat limited numbers if I'm not mistaken.

As for premium vs the soft-bottom joints, it's just a no brainer once you try on a pair of each. I mean, the soft bottoms (in NY we used to call them Jersey Tims) are fine for like work if you do some kind of manual labor. they were just small notch better than rocking like the Payless joints and they didn't used to have the leather collar on top, it was just straight wheat-ness all the way up.

As far as Tims with shorts, I've done it plenty of times, but it's not my go-too anymore. Perfect bummy day in college tho was a hoody, Bball shorts and just stepping into your Tims and running out the door to class.

What I see in all the discussion back and forth is that there's a difference between people rocking Tims cause they want to try something they haven't tried before, vs people who grew up with them being a staple in your wardrobe. There's a culture that comes with them that not everybody is really familiar with but if you know, you know.

Last edited:
Tims have always been like $160-$180 for the straight up retail price at say Macy's or footlocker. They just usually end up on sale , and most mom and pop stores around NY since I was in HS sold them closer to $100-$120. I do notice a difference in quality though from one pair to the next, like outlet pairs will get the job done, but you can hold it up next to a dept. store pair or a pair you order straight from Timberland and see it doesn't look quite as on point.

The Mobb Deep joints I think are $220 retail anyway. Saw them at the Tannery for that price and they usually don't jack up their prices for in store purchases. They only dropped in somewhat limited numbers if I'm not mistaken.

As for premium vs the soft-bottom joints, it's just a no brainer once you try on a pair of each. I mean, the soft bottoms (in NY we used to call them Jersey Tims) are fine for like work if you do some kind of manual labor. they were just small notch better than rocking like the Payless joints and they didn't used to have the leather collar on top, it was just straight wheat-ness all the way up.

As far as Tims with shorts, I've done it plenty of times, but it's not my go-too anymore. Perfect bummy day in college tho was a hoody, Bball shorts and just stepping into your Tims and running out the door to class.

What I see in all the discussion back and forth is that there's a difference between people rocking Tims cause they want to try something they haven't tried before, vs people who grew up with them being a staple in your wardrobe. There's a culture that comes with them that not everybody is really familiar with but if you know, you know.

Last edited:
Yeah I think you're right. Back from like mid-90s to early 2000s the Eastbay catalog price was $150 but dudes around the way never paid that much, we'd get our constructs or beef and brocs, etc mostly from one of like 4-5 places:

* Local mom and pop
* Triangle Sports or one of the spots on Fulton st if you're from BK
* Jimmy Jazz/Hyperactive/S&D Underground - they were usually on sale there besides the most recent new color.
* V.I.M. used to always have the illest sales

If you were from Queens you probably hit Jamaica Center. I know I'm speaking very NY centric but that's what I know, and having gone to school out on the west coast, I know the culture of Tims was much more of an east-coast thing back then. Philly has always been just as consistent with Tims, but the steez used to be to tie them up a little more snug ala Kanye. DMV been on them too but once Nike Boots dropped they jumped on those heavy. NY did too but Tims still never really left. Theyre about as New York as Yankee fitteds, b-ball hoops w/ no net, and bad Dominican chics with mad kids.

Last edited:
Yeah I got fam from NY that would look at me crazy if I paid retail for timbs. That was back in those days though

Back
Top Bottom