So...when did you fall out of your "sneaker collecting" phase?

Originally Posted by s0leFUNK

About 3 weeks into college when I noticed I was wearing my New Balance 992s almost everyday.. Right now, it takes A LOT for me to buy a new pair.
Word...right after I graduated HS and went to college...being a broke college student FTL.
I'm still going to pick up the 11/12 pack though...first kicks I'll be buying in almost 2 years.

I've got a satisfying collection and I like the one's I have do I wear those all the time. Been like that for like a year.

i never really was in that phase.. i always liked sneakers.. always bought what i liked.
the only difference between me now and me 4 years ago is that i don't talk about sneakers all willy nilly

last pair of j's i ever bought were the fire red v's, before that i had been collecting since 96, my style in clothing just changed and sneakers justdidnt do it for me anymore... but i am getting the xi/xii pack...

Originally Posted by jawnyquest

i never really was in that phase.. i always liked sneakers.. always bought what i liked.
the only difference between me now and me 4 years ago is that i don't talk about sneakers all willy nilly
Said what I wanted to say. I still like them, I just don't go crazy like I used to over sneaks
laugh.gif

i still buy sneakers but im no longer on the constant hunt for things i want. back in 06 i would be on ebay and the b/s sections daily. i stoped around senioryear highschool.
damn cdp 3 and black and red 1 got me checking ebay again.
smh.gif

i cop all the time.....my last shoes are the griffeys next year and im done....i go no more space for em.

Its been one full year since I stopped buying sneakers, and I've saved more money than I've ever had, I've paid off two credit cards, which wereboth almost maxed out, and I've paid off my car note.

PS*
I'd much rather have a new whip, than have 60 pairs of the most hyped AF1 Lows, but thats just me.

Damn... a few years back.

Last pair of Jordans I bought? Last year, Black/Green Spizikes for RETAIL.

But I've picked up some stuff.. (nothing on a hypebeasts list though): leather Wallabees, Vans Chukka Lows, all white Dunks (for school)

Then again, like someone stated previously... I don't really consider myself a collector. How about wearer?

I know about dudes STILL talkin about "the game" and this and that...
laugh.gif
Seriously...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Somebody should tell me it's a "Phase".......Im not out of it lol, I love shoes and always will......I dont "collect" I wear all myshoes

Somebody should tell me it's a "Phase".......Im not out of it lol, I love shoes and always will......I dont "collect" I wear all myshoes

Originally Posted by TheTruthHurts74

The minute I saw people start to wear t-shirts with pictures of shoes on them(!%@?), and started taking those pictures where they take one shoe and hold it up, making that guido-esque kissy face- it was a wrap for me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ONHOLLOWEDGROUND821

Somebody should tell me it's a "Phase".......Im not out of it lol, I love shoes and always will......I dont "collect" I wear all my shoes
pimp.gif

after junior year of college. actually, i'm glad i went heavy into sneakers. flipping the many pairs i had bought me a ticket to japan and has been a nicesupplement to my rent, if i had spent that money on liquor or clothes, it probably wouldn't have increased in value, hahaha.

i never collected shoes, theyre not baseball cards, i wear the sh_____ out of all my kicks, then throw em away when they open up
i did however stop Fin wit jordan right after the aqua 8s, cuz all i wanted really were grape vs and aqua 8s cuz i never had those EVER

The day I moved out on my own. Cant go around spending all my money on kicks anymore. I got bills to pay. Plus I used to work at finishline back in HS so I gotall my kicks discounted. And the shoe game is wack now anyways. Always walking into shoe stores and seeing all kinds of garbage.

Back in HS I never worked at a set job and just played basketball. After that I didn't care enough to spend my money on shoes and I don't even keep upwith nike anymore. A couple times a year I go to eastbay and get a pair I like to wear around and that's it.

Back
Top Bottom