So when do NBA teams wear their alternate uniforms?

Somebody care to explain? I know the Lakers wear their white uniforms only on sundays and during the holidays, but what about the other teams? I see them wear it on the most random dates. Do they plan when to wear them or does the equipment manager just say "oh lets wear this color today"?

Somebody care to explain? I know the Lakers wear their white uniforms only on sundays and during the holidays, but what about the other teams? I see them wear it on the most random dates. Do they plan when to wear them or does the equipment manager just say "oh lets wear this color today"?

Coach's decision I believe...

I believe they make the decision before road trips for the use of Away Alternate jerseys...

Unless its a holiday or special NBA event going on...

Just like when coaches once determined what type of sock/shoe combo to wear with the jerseys also...

I think Stern did away with that a little while back and allowed players to wear any color shoe that they wanted to promote individualism...

Coach's decision I believe...

I believe they make the decision before road trips for the use of Away Alternate jerseys...

Unless its a holiday or special NBA event going on...

Just like when coaches once determined what type of sock/shoe combo to wear with the jerseys also...

I think Stern did away with that a little while back and allowed players to wear any color shoe that they wanted to promote individualism...

Originally Posted by therenegade23

I know the Bulls are random unless it's those special jerseys like Green week or the latino ones.

I think back in the 90s they were worn on out of conference away games. 

Originally Posted by therenegade23

I know the Bulls are random unless it's those special jerseys like Green week or the latino ones.

I think back in the 90s they were worn on out of conference away games. 

I think the Lakers are the only team to wear their alternates on a specified day.

For other teams it just seems random.

I wonder when the Magic are going to debut their new black alternate?
nerd.gif

I think the Lakers are the only team to wear their alternates on a specified day.

nerd.gif

I was at the NBA Store last week and was looking at the new overpriced fugly authentics and didn't see many alternates around, just home/away. As a C's fan, the Celtics have played 6 road games and not once worn their road alternates, I am not sure they were made for them this season.

Who knows...

But yeah, most teams wear them randomly, like the Bulls 13-0 black pinstripe jerseys back in '96.

I was at the NBA Store last week and was looking at the new overpriced fugly authentics and didn't see many alternates around, just home/away. As a C's fan, the Celtics have played 6 road games and not once worn their road alternates, I am not sure they were made for them this season.

Who knows...

But yeah, most teams wear them randomly, like the Bulls 13-0 black pinstripe jerseys back in '96.

Originally Posted by WhIpwReCkEr

Who knows...

13-0?   the bulls lost to orlando  and got blown out by the knicks in 96 wearing the pinstripe jerseys

Originally Posted by WhIpwReCkEr

Who knows...

13-0?   the bulls lost to orlando  and got blown out by the knicks in 96 wearing the pinstripe jerseys

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

One of the better rule changes in awhile.

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

One of the better rule changes in awhile.

Originally Posted by toine2983

nerd.gif

i cant wait for those.

Originally Posted by toine2983

nerd.gif

i cant wait for those.

Back
Top Bottom