So who is hiring?

I'm tired of emailing my resume and answering to ads online and just wanted to know if retail jobs are still out there. i know they probably laid offworkers hired for seasonal, but where has everyone applying at?

ps. college grad. time to swallow that pride and find any work
grin.gif
ireally dont want to dress up like a nba ref and sell shoes, will they hire people that are overqualified. should i "dumb down" my resume?

www.snagajob.com

I get emails sent to me regularly, hopefully you'll have the same. Mostly just retail positions, but if that's what you're looking for then itmakes it easy for you.

If you're a kid:

1. Fast food places are always hiring.

2. Wait till late April and try to get a summer job at the mall.

3. Start your own lawn care business.

If you're an adult:

1. Car dealerships are always hiring.

2. Apply for a job in a degree-related field

3. Start your own lawncare business.

I know the feeling. I'm actually ready to relocate from the Chi to ATL and I've been submitting my resumes to different positions in the A with noresponses yet. I'm suppose to start school here in the on the 26th and if I haven't found anything by then I will remain here in the Chi until I finishschool in October. It seems like most job boards like Monster, Career Builder, etc are prime targets for sales jobs & scam jobs where do they only wantyour info.

Originally Posted by DMan14

grin.gif
i really dont want to dress up like a nba ref and sell shoes, will they hire people that are overqualified. should i "dumb down" my resume?

I feel ya. I'm in the same boat. Now I'm just concerned about getting paid.

applied at the local blockbuster the other day, hopefully get a call back
im gonna try and sign up for the census 2010

and i went on the ups website and the only shift they got is at 3AM, yikes.

i stay getting emails from monster, washington post, and a few other sites, maybe lie on your resume

Never lie on your resume. That's not a good idea, you would never be able to find a job after the fact.

ups, uhaul, usps, retail.

wait until all the kids go back to school then jobs should open up

If yall got clean backgrounds, you need to hit up usajobs.gov and apply to everyone you can. Government is not a bad option even though a lot of people overlook it.

the FBI was said to be looking to fill hundreds of positions..... don;t have to be a cop/agent...i think they were looking for office staff/tech people

Originally Posted by iNiNe5

the FBI was said to be looking to fill hundreds of positions..... don;t have to be a cop/agent...i think they were looking for office staff/tech people

Already on it, i'm secret service now but if I get on with them imma stay a few years and go for agent since I don't meet the age requirement yet.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

I know the feeling. I'm actually ready to relocate from the Chi to ATL and I've been submitting my resumes to different positions in the A with no responses yet. I'm suppose to start school here in the on the 26th and if I haven't found anything by then I will remain here in the Chi until I finish school in October. It seems like most job boards like Monster, Career Builder, etc are prime targets for sales jobs & scam jobs where do they only want your info.

Man it's hard to get a job up here in Atlanta I just moved back here from montgomery Alabama and I'm not having luck

Government jobs and Military contractors are always hiring. Mac B, General Dynamics, Northrop Grunman just to name a few. Go to military.com and wikigovernment contractors and put your resume on their site. Also look for jobfairs in your area.

I'm tired of emailing my resume and answering to ads online and just wanted to know if retail jobs are still out there. i know they probably laid off workers hired for seasonal, but where has everyone applying at?

grin.gif
i really dont want to dress up like a nba ref and sell shoes, will they hire people that are overqualified. should i "dumb down" my resume?

Yup. Make yourself look like barely a high school graduate to the Footlocker Manager. LOL I applied at 2 different locations and when they saw I was in Collegefor a Biochem degree (at that point) they looked at me crazy and said No. I guess they figured I wasn't in it for the long term, and they would beabsolutely right.

Originally Posted by steven42lh

I'm tired of emailing my resume and answering to ads online and just wanted to know if retail jobs are still out there. i know they probably laid off workers hired for seasonal, but where has everyone applying at?

grin.gif

Yup. Make yourself look like barely a high school graduate to the Footlocker Manager. LOL I applied at 2 different locations and when they saw I was in College for a Biochem degree (at that point) they looked at me crazy and said No. I guess they figured I wasn't in it for the long term, and they would be absolutely right.
thing is though who really stays at those kind of jobs for extended amounts of time?
ohwell.gif

my cousin got fired from footlocker because she bought too many shoes with her discount

Back
Top Bottom