So who is hiring?

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by DMan14

ps. college grad. time to swallow that pride and find any work
grin.gif
i really dont want to dress up like a nba ref and sell shoes, will they hire people that are overqualified. should i "dumb down" my resume?

I feel ya. I'm in the same boat. Now I'm just concerned about getting paid.
what were your degrees in?

^ i did the usual business/marketing
its not like i have no working experience. i did an internship and have past admin experience. it just seems like nobody is hiring. and when i do go to aninterview well i get my heart broken

I feel u OP, i have a degree and i left my job i hated of 1.5 yrs making 40k+... i work at a gym now making min wage smh

its straight though...paying my bills (sorta), kickin it all the time, zero stress

need to make a move sooner or later though

i got a job doing investment banking with one of the top 5 largest banks in america.. got really lucky that i got the offer, they are only hiring 2 people intothe group im going to be working in, usually they will hire 9 or 10 just for that group. its unreal hard to get a job right now, i go to a top 25 universitywith a top 10 undergrad business program, and all of my housemates (which are all finance majors as well) are yet to get jobs, and they all have above 3.3gpa's. honestly you're best bet would be to try and go through one of your parent's/family friend's connects... there are sooo many people onmonster/whatever job search engine you are using right now trying to do the same as you.. good luck man.

i've been unemployed for a minute. i still work at my old job valeting once in a while for cash, and found another that i start in like a week. i justcollect unemployment and chill though. should be getting some money back from school so i will be straight for a while.

Originally Posted by akaseandaley

student loans kicked in and i have no job
Apply for Economic Hardship. This defers your loans for 6 months to a year if you do not have a job. That is what I did.

Applied to so many jobs it isnt even funny. Some of my friends complain about going to work and hate their jobs.
mad.gif
I get irritated with them. Im actually looking and want to work after beinglaid off now since August. It irks me (Im just venting right now)

Originally Posted by eastpointoutlaw

Originally Posted by Da R Entertainment

I know the feeling. I'm actually ready to relocate from the Chi to ATL and I've been submitting my resumes to different positions in the A with no responses yet. I'm suppose to start school here in the on the 26th and if I haven't found anything by then I will remain here in the Chi until I finish school in October. It seems like most job boards like Monster, Career Builder, etc are prime targets for sales jobs & scam jobs where do they only want your info.

Man it's hard to get a job up here in Atlanta I just moved back here from montgomery Alabama and I'm not having luck

I have 2 interviews scheduled for Monday there. It took me a minute to get a call back, but I did. Granted, I would have to take a pay cut, but with thestock market steadily going down, it's pretty much take these options or don't have a gig. Owing unemployment FTL
tired.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

check out customer service positions
That's exactly what I've been doing and that's why I got a couple of emails and calls. I just need it until I finish school in a fewmonths and then I can hop in to the Media/Broadcasting field.

Originally Posted by brickSB

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by DMan14

ps. college grad. time to swallow that pride and find any work
grin.gif
i really dont want to dress up like a nba ref and sell shoes, will they hire people that are overqualified. should i "dumb down" my resume?

I feel ya. I'm in the same boat. Now I'm just concerned about getting paid.
what were your degrees in?

Business Administration.

Anybody know who's hiring in atlanta I need a job asap hell I had two jobs in Montgomery now I can't get one screw it I'm going back to mcdonaldsLOL I need cash while I'm in school

Anybody know who's hiring in atlanta I need a job asap hell I had two jobs in Montgomery now I can't get one screw it I'm going back to mcdonalds LOL I need cash while I'm in school

I've noticed an influx of temp agencies hiring for Customer Service in the A. Also, Waste Management is hiring for Customer Service in the A. I justreceived an email from them to call a recruiter for an interview. Hopefully, I can do an in person interview while I'm there visiting next week. Checkout Career Builder. Seems like they had some updates today that I've not seen earlier this week. Good luck to all. Keep at it and you will find a gig.

Anybody know who's hiring in atlanta I need a job asap hell I had two jobs in Montgomery now I can't get one screw it I'm going back to mcdonalds LOL I need cash while I'm in school

I've noticed an influx of temp agencies hiring for Customer Service in the A. Also, Waste Management is hiring for Customer Service in the A. I just received an email from them to call a recruiter for an interview. Hopefully, I can do an in person interview while I'm there visiting next week. Check out Career Builder. Seems like they had some updates today that I've not seen earlier this week. Good luck to all. Keep at it and you will find a gig.

Can you post link for the waste job

I've noticed an influx of temp agencies hiring for Customer Service in the A. Also, Waste Management is hiring for Customer Service in the A. I just received an email from them to call a recruiter for an interview. Hopefully, I can do an in person interview while I'm there visiting next week. Check out Career Builder. Seems like they had some updates today that I've not seen earlier this week. Good luck to all. Keep at it and you will find a gig.

Can you post link for the waste job
I'm posting the link to indeed where it's listed. Good luck.

Waste Management

Originally Posted by akaseandaley

when it all comes down to it, i'll have to liquidate my shoes
tired.gif

Yall might want to really really consider doing this now before no really has that extra dollar to burn on kicks

Back
Top Bottom