So who's wallets are feeling the burn from all these releases?

I'm freaking out with all these releases lol. Jordan has been releasing too many "must haves" too close together. Although I do understand it from JB's perspective ($$$), my wallet and I are not on speaking terms after the holiday season. Having thought I made it out of the peak season of sneaker heat, I find myself face to face with Chi 10's, Cement 4's and Playoff 12's. Who here is feeling the effects of all these releases to date?

Why did he have to be the greatest of all time and do it with heat?

You just have to cop in moderation. Out of 5, try to decide which 3 of the 5 you'd prefer and stick with that. That's what i'm doing. Every release this year is fire, but there's no way i'm going to buy everyone. So far i've limited it too white cement IV's, White/red XI lows, nike air pillars, black cement iv's, and maybe the Olympic vi's. Everything else i'm just gonna pass. But that's just me.

I've said the exact same thing the OP said in an earlier post. I referred to these frequent hot shoe releases as "shoe bunching". The one effect of "shoe bunching" is I won't be getting the volt air max 90's which didn't look that impressive in person.

I'm just gonna get the 4's and then the columbia 11's.
Aside from JB, i'm also gonna get the Diamond Turf 2s and the Glove sneakers (Gary Payton) that Nike will be retroing this year.

Let's see, this is assuming you get most of the retroes this year, starting with the Chicago X's this Saturday..

February - Old Royal X's & White Cement IV's.
March - Stealth X's.
April - Playoff XII's.
May - Cool Grey XII's & White/Varsity Red-Black XI Low.
June - Military IV's & Obsidian XII's.
July - Olympic VI & Olympic VII.
August - Olympic 6/7 Pack, White/Varsity Red- Black "Mars" IV's, 23rd Anniversary IV's.
September - "Raptor" VII's.

So that's $160 + $160 + $160 + $160 +$160 + $160 + $160 + $160 + $160 +$160 +$160 + (? for Olympic pack) + $160 + $160 + 160 = $2,240*

NOT INCLUDING THE OLYMPIC PACK AND OCTOBER - DECEMBER RELEASES!
ALSO OTHER RUMORED RELEASES THIS YEAR INCLUDE "HOME/CANDY CANE" XIV'S, TAXI XII & BRED IV'S (RUMORED BLACK FRIDAY RELEASE).
ASSUMING THE COLUMBIA'S COME OUT THIS DECEMBER, ADD ANOTHER $180 TO THIS AMOUNT.

HOW WILL I EAT THIS YEAR? LOL. DAMN YOU JB!!

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Let's see, this is assuming you get most/if not all of the retroes this year.
January - Chicago X's this Saturday.
March - Stealth X's.
April - Playoff XII's.
August - Olympic 6/7 Pack, White/Varsity Red- Black "Mars" IV's, 23rd Anniversary IV's.

So that's $160 + $160 + $160 + $160 +$160 + $160 + $160 + $160 + $160 +$160 +$160 + (? for Olympic pack) + $160 + $160 + 160 = $2,240*

ALSO OTHER RUMORED RELEASES THIS YEAR INCLUDE "HOME/CANDY CANE" XIV'S, TAXI XII & BRED IV'S (RUMORED BLACK FRIDAY RELEASE).
ASSUMING THE COLUMBIA'S COME OUT THIS DECEMBER, ADD ANOTHER $180 TO THIS AMOUNT.

January - Chicago X
February White Cement IV's.
June - Military IV's
July - Olympic VI
August - White/Varsity Red- Black "Mars" IV's
September - "Raptor" VII's

160+160+160+160+160+160= 960+ tax

Damn I might miss a few

Me feeling the burn?
Nah, I buy what I like and that's it.
I've other things to take care of than getting all these releases.
Hypothetically if $$ wasn't an issue then hey I'm all over these.

unless the 12s magically start to look better to me, my wallet is fine with the Xs, IVs, and Colombian XIs.. possibly the Olympic pack.

My wallet is still fat so this year will be good for me
smile.gif
I don't feed off the hype for each retrothat has or will be released. I just buy what I like to have and not what everybody else is buying
wink.gif

I go on a wants and needs basis, so my wallet hasn't felt any impact.

Keeps me saving up more for multiples for the shoes I actually want and need to have
pimp.gif

Eh, I've prepaired myself for this, plus I get only what I like. 4 pair of concords, securing my fourth today off of CL, and 3 pair of Kobe VII Christmas, I'm good for a minute. I'll be skipping the X's, and still debating on the IV's. Probably a couple pair and call it quits for a while. Between now and then I'm looking to sell off some pairs I dont wear anymore to recoup some of that cash. Who am I kidding, probably not though. Lol

a lot of trash to be honest. The 10s are okay but not worth my time. Done buying every single shoe cause they are kind of dope or i like them.

Need to be in love with them to cop now.

Originally Posted by ccastro02

You just have to cop in moderation. Out of 5, try to decide which 3 of the 5 you'd prefer and stick with that. That's what i'm doing. Every release this year is fire, but there's no way i'm going to buy everyone. So far i've limited it too white cement IV's, White/red XI lows, nike air pillars, black cement iv's, and maybe the Olympic vi's. Everything else i'm just gonna pass. But that's just me.
1 of the 5 shoes you named will be discounted/found @ outlets.

i would like to know who besides myself copped all the retro releases last year not counting  the cardinal retro 7's (they was the same as the 2006 release) and the tokyo 5's (too much to drop on one shoe)

i'm hoping to do the same this year
and btw i wanted each and every release that why i copped 

there was no impulse buys with the numbered retro's 

Originally Posted by FutureDHughes

Let's see, this is assuming you get most of the retroes this year, starting with the Chicago X's this Saturday..

March - Stealth X's.
April - Playoff XII's.

You forgot to mention the "rumoured" XI low Concord and BRED pack for Summer !

yes, JB are really pushing the envelope and trying to hit some big sales targets for 2012.

Best to buy with your head and heart, no point in buying into the hype and getting everything that drops.

Im just plan on buying the Cement 4's, playoff 12's and olympic 6's . I set aside a spare $200 for a suprise drop from JB but thats pretty much ot for 2012 for me.

I get 30% off every release (girlfriend's employee discount) and I only plan to buy OG colorways

I'll probably get like 6/7 pairs out of all these.

Chicago X's, WC IV's, Playoff XII's, Obsidian XII's, Both Olympic colorways 6/7, and the Raptor's.

Originally Posted by AEA18

Originally Posted by ccastro02

1 of the 5 shoes you named will be discounted/found @ outlets.
Hope you're right. Pillars are my all time nike grail so either way i'm stll getting  2 pairs of pillars on release date. If they ever do hit outlet stores, i'm going to use that opportunity to buy multiples... and maybe resell a few a couple years down the road. 

you just have to cop in moderation. I plan on copping

-Chicago X
-White Cement IV (x2)
-Playoff 12
-Military IV
-Fire Red IV
-Olympic VI
-Olympic VII
-White/Black/Red XI low
-Black Cement IV
-Columbia XI

when you think about it, its not that much. and since im getting most of these on discount, my pockets should feel the pinch that much.

Back
Top Bottom