So why exactly is NY > CA ? Im serious? Are there any good reasons at all?

Originally Posted by proper english

2am liquor ban is not the bidness 
indifferent.gif
.. i dont think i can ever get used to that POS law. 

None of us ever will..........
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Originally Posted by ninjahood

CA got da most draconian car laws and taxes, so that alone makes NY >>*

NY has da worst drivers, so that alone makes CA>>*

your DEAD wrong though
laugh.gif
roll.gif

[h2]10 Worst driving cities in the USA[/h2]
The data comes from the Allstate insurance company, which uses its experience insuring about 10% of all U.S. drivers to compile the chances that drivers in the 193 largest cities will have a vehicular boo-boo severe enough to warrant an insurance claim. Allstate uses its data to hail those cities with the safest drivers, like granting gold stars to students who never get in trouble.

But with a little handy data sorting, we can take care of the troublemakers oursevles. Let the naming and shaming begin...
*slideshow*
http://jalopnik.com/5837052/americas...ties/gallery/1

10th: Alexandria, Va.
9th: San Francisco, CA
8th: Jersey City, N.J.
7th: Hartford, Conn.
6th: Philadelphia, PA
5th: Providence, R.I.
4th: Newark, N.J.
3rd: Glendale, Calif.
2nd: Baltimore, MD
1st: Washington, D.C.

NYC >>>> CA

OH_You_Mad, u clearly have never been to NY to say our women are busted

u based that on what, 1 picture? come anytime of year out here and u will see alot of fine women

u are right about how dudes care alot about what the next dude wearing, instead of caring about women and getting $$$$$

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by DecemberLove

Originally Posted by DubA169

cali people care waaay more about new yorkers than we care about them. That much is a fact.

we too buys talking about other boroughs to care about what you guys are doing

I absolutely do not care about you guys...

I think our norcal and socal brings much more attention than your boroughs.  Try again.

You sound mad hurt
laugh.gif
Cali dudes got no swag or aura . Females from all over beast for NY dudes DEAL WITH IT.

I sound mad hurt? I would like hear your reasoning on that but I know you won't and shrug it off with
laugh.gif
emoticons to hide that you, in fact, are "mad" hurt. 

And
laugh.gif
at you for even caring about swag or aura...silly NY'ers at it again

I just spent some time in California this summer,so I will put my 2cents in...

San Fransisco is a beautiful city, and just might be my second favorite US city.. reminds me of NY in many ways. But there is NO city close to NY.. like mentioned before, other cities/states (CA) are always trying to compare to NY.. It's like they think the thrown is for the takin'.
eyes.gif

Nah, but on the real.. I give NY a lot of of love.. To me, there is a certain vibe, a certain hustle to the city that is unlike any other place.. When it comes down to it, what makes me so loyal to NY is what it represents to the people tryna make it for a better life, but to all that live here and have seen the things that most of us have, know how hard it is to truly make it with everything that it is.. now that isnt nessecarily something to love.. but the fact that everyone is on the same mission is what I love so much.
pimp.gif

People can say whatever they want about my city, but just realize we stay in your mouth.
wink.gif

well said charles.

I just recently came back from S.F. and it is a mini nyc to me...very similar...could be a super-borough if it were over here on the east coast and I loved it. Great weather, down to earth people, alot of tourists, similar areas/styles, great parks, by the bay, one of the longest bridges next to ours here in nyc.

idk about socal but s.f. had me wanting to stay longer.

I wouldn't outright say S.F. is better than nyc because I still like the hustle nature of nyc, the women I feel are better looking over here....maybe not personality wise though, and nyc is much more bigger with more *!*# to do.

I would not mind moving to S.F. in the near future though for a change of pace. Loved it out there.

Even though I haven't been to LA or Sac or any other cities I feel like S.F. and maybe S.J. or S.D. would be a dope cities to live in especially for nyc'ers.

- One of my favorite recent photo sets of NYC appears below.  After years of studying the city, I finally feel like I have a decent grasp
on NYC; I'm no longer intimidated by the layout and she doesn't seem as large to me as before, but I still love/hate the place (Philadelphian, here).

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191086

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191781

http://pixelcase.com.au/vr/2009/newyork/ny2.html

- Most of the
pimp.gif
SSP
pimp.gif
forumers view LA as a sprawl city (Atlanta, Houston, LA, etc.) -- lacking density. Forum posters always comment on how it's underwhelming compared to
expectations based on media driven hype...my personal experience has been similar. SF is the true gem of Cali in terms of overall aesthetics / photogenically...but if you study pics of SF the flaws become apparent as well (only
one signature tower--not overly dense from certain angles, etc.). When attempting to rank something so complex as a city, it difficult to properly quantify/qualify the intangibles -- and personal bias' also muddy the assessments.

- Personally, I feel that the Northeast megalopolis is unmatched in this country...it's virtually impossible to beat the urban machine that is
Boston --New York City--Philadelphia--wilmington--Baltimore--Washington D.C.-----------A.C. / Pocono / Jersey Shore / Lancaster (Amish)

- End of the day, it's all opinions and we're all on the same team--Team USA.
pimp.gif

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191507

Might be good to also factor in working in said cities/states.

Holidaying and working in a different city/state/country are two completey different things.

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I absolutely do not care about you guys...

I think our norcal and socal brings much more attention than your boroughs.  Try again.

You sound mad hurt
laugh.gif
Cali dudes got no swag or aura . Females from all over beast for NY dudes DEAL WITH IT.

I sound mad hurt? I would like hear your reasoning on that but I know you won't and shrug it off with
laugh.gif
emoticons to hide that you, in fact, are "mad" hurt. 

And
laugh.gif
at you for even caring about swag or aura...silly NY'ers at it again

laugh.gif
why do you feel the need to type on a messageboard that "you don't care about nyers" ? because if you didnt you wouldn't be in this thread , also if you dont care about what we feel when it comes to our city you wouldn't even have thought about typing that . Stop trying to get your point across its null at this point . Jealousy reeks from your fingertips

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

im from socal and LA just doesn't have that big city feel that NYC gives off. i think it could be the large amount of tourists in NY that gives it more of that big city feel.

i personally wouldn't wanna deal with going to work in the freezing cold while it snows, i barely want to get out of the house when it rains
laugh.gif

but both places are dope and i def. wanna visit NY in the fall/spring.

That is what surprised me about L.A. I had these expectations of this hussle and bussle big metropolitan city, but it was more tame than I thought.

I have visited both NY and a little bit of Southern California. They both have their own aspects of what makes them great cities which doesn't make one better than the other. In Socal, you can visit the mountains and the beach the same day, and NYC is just such a vibrant city with a great vibe. I was surprised I liked NYC as much as I did. I like both regions and they each have their own special factors that make them great cities.

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

CA got da most draconian car laws and taxes, so that alone makes NY >>*

NY has da worst drivers, so that alone makes CA>>*

your DEAD wrong though
laugh.gif
roll.gif

[h2]10 Worst driving cities in the USA[/h2]
The data comes from the Allstate insurance company, which uses its experience insuring about 10% of all U.S. drivers to compile the chances that drivers in the 193 largest cities will have a vehicular boo-boo severe enough to warrant an insurance claim. Allstate uses its data to hail those cities with the safest drivers, like granting gold stars to students who never get in trouble.

But with a little handy data sorting, we can take care of the troublemakers oursevles. Let the naming and shaming begin...
*slideshow*
http://jalopnik.com/5837052/americas...ties/gallery/1

10th: Alexandria, Va.
9th: San Francisco, CA
8th: Jersey City, N.J.
7th: Hartford, Conn.
6th: Philadelphia, PA
5th: Providence, R.I.
4th: Newark, N.J.
3rd: Glendale, Calif.
2nd: Baltimore, MD
1st: Washington, D.C.
NYC >>>> CA

ninja coming through with da knowledge

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

Nah, but on the real.. I give NY a lot of of love.. To me, there is a certain vibe, a certain hustle to the city that is unlike any other place.. When it comes down to it, what makes me so loyal to NY is what it represents to the people tryna make it for a better life, but to all that live here and have seen the things that most of us have, know how hard it is to truly make it with everything that it is.. now that isnt nessecarily something to love.. but the fact that everyone is on the same mission is what I love so much.
pimp.gif

People can say whatever they want about my city, but just realize we stay in your mouth.
wink.gif

That is what I realized about NYC, True Grit. I agree that is what makes the city and its people so great. It is how they make ends meet to get by and make the best of it. It is crazy how the cost of living there is SO expensive. But, meeting some people in NYC that you know are going through tough times to get by, you would never know because they are still smiling and enjoying life to the fullest. I did not meet ONE rude person. Everyone was so open to answering our lame tourist questions, so friendly and chatty.

I will say that the men in NYC are thirsty. lol They stare at women like they have never seen the female species. I was so taken back by how complimentary they are. They compliment you and walk away.
laugh.gif

I would live there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so expensive.

Both are great cities. I think if you are in high school/college/under 21, LA is the place to be. NYC isn't really catered to high school/college kids. Its an expensive city and to truly experience the greatness of it you need to have money to dine out and go out. In LA, these kids can relax in beautiful weather and hang out at the beaches and do things that are inexpensive.

But 21 and over, its no contest NYC is the place to be. Our nightlife destroys LA. You are young, these are prime years for having fun for most people. Most people get their first jobs and are making money for the first time. Going out every night, working in the busiest city, meetings tons of people, happy hours, amazing dining, fashion shows, art galleries, so many different kind of events you can attend.

Once you get to age 35, I would say LA is better. You are older, don't go out as much and just want to relax and live in beautiful weather with your wife and kids.

Lol this thread always comes up with Cali dudes crying for attention. You can think whatever the hell you want, NYers nor the rest of the world gives a damn. We are recognized and accepted as one of if not the greatest city in the WORLD. You dudes keep struggling for those local props. Holla at a boss city when you go global
wink.gif

Born and raised in cali (los angeles) and I have fam in ny and I love ny vibe people everything .. people in la are racists non social ny u can walk up and start a convo with anybody.. in la if you don't have a car u pretty much have no social life in ny everything runs 24/7 and close together and your not considered broke when taking a train or a bus but in la u are lol food in ny is way better what la has over ny is the price of living , weather, and the lakers

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Lol this thread always comes up with Cali dudes crying for attention. You can think whatever the hell you want, NYers nor the rest of the world gives a damn. We are recognized and accepted as one of if not the greatest city in the WORLD. You dudes keep struggling for those local props. Holla at a boss city when you go global
wink.gif

Slow down and learn how to read! Cali>>>NY........notice theres no "C" in the end

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

Originally Posted by sircharles2ol3

pimp.gif

wink.gif

That is what I realized about NYC, True Grit. I agree that is what makes the city and its people so great. It is how they make ends meet to get by and make the best of it. It is crazy how the cost of living there is SO expensive. But, meeting some people in NYC that you know are going through tough times to get by, you would never know because they are still smiling and enjoying life to the fullest. I did not meet ONE rude person. Everyone was so open to answering our lame tourist questions, so friendly and chatty.

I will say that the men in NYC are thirsty. lol They stare at women like they have never seen the female species. I was so taken back by how complimentary they are. They compliment you and walk away.
laugh.gif

I would live there in a heartbeat if it wasn't so expensive.

I don't know what you look like but as a native nyc'er...and don't take this the wrong way...nyc dudes compliment the assets more than the actual person.
it'll be like:

girl walking down street in tights and a tank top

guy smiles and tips his hat to the breasts and once again to the +%* as she walks past.

Originally Posted by methedy23

- One of my favorite recent photo sets of NYC appears below.� After years of studying the city, I finally feel like I have a decent grasp
on NYC; I'm no longer intimidated by the layout and she doesn't seem as large to me as before, but I still love/hate the place (Philadelphian, here).

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191086

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191781

http://pixelcase.com.au/vr/2009/newyork/ny2.html

- Most of the
pimp.gif
SSP
pimp.gif
forumers view LA as a sprawl city (Atlanta, Houston, LA, etc.) -- lacking density.� Forum posters always comment on how it's underwhelming compared to
expectations based on media driven hype...my personal experience has been similar.� SF is the true gem of Cali in terms of overall aesthetics / photogenically...but if you study pics of SF the flaws become apparent as well (only
one signature tower--not overly dense from certain angles, etc.).� When attempting to rank something so complex as a city, it difficult to properly quantify/qualify the intangibles -- and personal bias' also muddy the assessments.

- Personally, I feel that the Northeast megalopolis is unmatched in this country...it's virtually impossible to beat the urban machine that is
Boston --New York City--Philadelphia--wilmington--Baltimore--Washington D.C.-----------A.C. / Pocono / Jersey Shore / Lancaster (Amish)

- End of the day, it's all opinions and we're all on the same team--Team USA.
pimp.gif

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=191507

I don't understand why you guys are still posting when this man just summed it up serious.
Either way NY>Cali/La/SF/SD whateva...  We got da wu

Originally Posted by sdsolecollector23

Originally Posted by RavageBX

wink.gif

Slow down and learn how to read! Cali>>>NY........notice theres no "C" in the end

Spare me lol. Ya'll know damn well what this is about.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

inferiority complex at it's best in this thread.

why do you think no one has ever made a "hey why do people think CA>NY?" threads. Silent confidence...and we have better %$%@ to do with our day then worry about the other coast.
QFT

Back
Top Bottom