**** Soccer Fans Manchester United PLayer Rockin JB*****

I think that a company like Jordan that is known all over the world would be stupid not to enter the soccer market considering that soccer is considered thebiggest sport on the planet. A lot of soccer players like Ronaldinho, Carlos Tevez or Thiago Motta look up to Jordan the same way that some of us in this forumadmired him when he played.
I know growing up in El Salvador, I didn't know much about basketball, but I did know about the Bulls and their games were televised.

i wouldn't doubt that jordan will come out with a pair of soccer shoes and put them on team jordan!!!

I cant for the life of me understand why certain people think they are smarter than others. Especially when those others are more in the know. Know-it-alls aresome of the most f*****g annoying people on the face of the planet. You know who you are. No one llikes you. haha

Originally Posted by indohan

Originally Posted by NY GIANTS 11

This brings up a good topic of discussion:

The soccer market is absolutely OWNED by adidas. Nike has signed some of the biggest soccer stars to ever play the game yet they cant even touch adidas extent.

Do you think JB would be able to carve a signifigant chunk of the market. I think they could...

Wrong about the Adidas thing. I'm not gonna argue if you think you're right, but you're wrong.

You probably only seen the soccer in US...

NO MY MAN, YOUR WRONG. ADIDAS IS 2 SOCCER, WHAT NIKE IS 2 BASKETBALL. SO WHEN IT COMES 2 SOCCER NIKE WILL MIX IN ALITTLE, BUT NOT ALOT, CAUSE THEY KNOW THEYWOULD LOSE. SAME GOES 4 ADIDAS AND BASKETBALL THEY KNOW THEY DONT STAND A CHANCE IN BASKETBALL WIT NIKE, SO THEY DONT PUT MUCH INTO IT.

The soccer market is absolutely OWNED by adidas. Nike has signed some of the biggest soccer stars to ever play the game yet they cant even touch adidas extent.

False.

Market statistics show Adidas holds 35 percent and Nike 30 percent of the global soccer market. Others have it even closer then that. While Adidas has by farbeen in the soccer market longer then Nike, it definitely does not rule the entire market.

Originally Posted by xeneize10

I think that a company like Jordan that is known all over the world would be stupid not to enter the soccer market considering that soccer is considered the biggest sport on the planet. A lot of soccer players like Ronaldinho, Carlos Tevez or Thiago Motta look up to Jordan the same way that some of us in this forum admired him when he played.
I know growing up in El Salvador, I didn't know much about basketball, but I did know about the Bulls and their games were televised.
WE GOT A BORN AND RAISED SALVI HERE.....
nerd.gif
QUE 'ONDAVOS...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BEATSLIM

False.

Market statistics show Adidas holds 35 percent and Nike 30 percent of the global soccer market. Others have it even closer then that. While Adidas has by far been in the soccer market longer then Nike, it definitely does not rule the entire market.

Read my other post. Its 37 to 31.

Do you think JB would be able to carve a signifigant chunk of the market. I think they could...

Wrong about the Adidas thing. I'm not gonna argue if you think you're right, but you're wrong.

This guys is right. I'm from Europe and football WAS owned by adidas but now Nike are taken over slowly. Nike make the best kit (the new USA one isawesome). And dont forget that Umbro is owned by Nike, they bought them last year (or year before?), and Umbro kits will be switched over to Nike ones slowly,so that 37 - 31 statistic is misleading...

I think adidas do excel and boots though, Nikes boots peaked about 2 - 3 years ago but now they're looking to plastic and crazy coloured

Tevez always wear Jordan Brand off the pitch and huge baggy hip hop style wear, this aint new

Two of the best in the world (Carlitos Tevez & Cristiano Ronaldo). Nike sponsored now but maybe jumpan in the future.

^

Its soccer.

JB and soccer dont mix.

so how does JB make shoes and accessories for football, baseball, track, yea man its possible. Soccer players in europe make more money then NBA and MLBplayers. so think again when u wanna take a dump on it, cuz america is the only country that hasn't welcomed the world sport with open arms

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Two of the best in the world (Carlitos Tevez & Cristiano Ronaldo). Nike sponsored now but maybe jumpan in the future.
JB making football boots? never gonna happen................

Originally Posted by MrChery

^

Its soccer.

JB and soccer dont mix.

so how does JB make shoes and accessories for football, baseball, track, yea man its possible. Soccer players in europe make more money then NBA and MLB players. so think again when u wanna take a dump on it, cuz america is the only country that hasn't welcomed the world sport with open arms

I'm not sure this is true. Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest paid Prem player now and he still doesn't earn what Beckham earns at LA Galaxy and thehighest paid British sports performer is Luol Deng so I think you will find NBA and MLB players get paid more than soccer players in Europe.

Also I would definitely say that Adidas' days of "OWNING" soccer are well and truly over Nike have been growing since the early 90's and areextremely competitive if not bigger than Adidas these days, well this is in the Uk anyway. The majority of young players would muh prefer to wear a pair ofNike vapors than Adidas Predators for sure. That's coming from teaching PE and seeing what the kids beast over.

Originally Posted by And1 Cizzle

^

Its soccer.

JB and soccer dont mix.

so how does JB make shoes and accessories for football, baseball, track, yea man its possible. Soccer players in europe make more money then NBA and MLB players. so think again when u wanna take a dump on it, cuz america is the only country that hasn't welcomed the world sport with open arms

I'm not sure this is true. Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest paid Prem player now and he still doesn't earn what Beckham earns at LA Galaxy and the highest paid British sports performer is Luol Deng so I think you will find NBA and MLB players get paid more than soccer players in Europe.

Also I would definitely say that Adidas' days of "OWNING" soccer are well and truly over Nike have been growing since the early 90's and are extremely competitive if not bigger than Adidas these days, well this is in the Uk anyway. The majority of young players would muh prefer to wear a pair of Nike vapors than Adidas Predators for sure. That's coming from teaching PE and seeing what the kids beast over.

The highest paid Prem Players are Wayne Rooney, John Terry and Steven Gerrard all earning around the £130000 aweek, Ronaldo earns around £80000 aweek, Hewill become the highest paid player when/if he signs a new ManU deal...............

Playing and watching football every week the Addias Preds and the Nike total 90 lasers are the boot of choice at the moment...........................

Adidas is the number one company in soccer, but I do have a feeling that Nike will eventually takeover. Nike spends so much money advertising the teams andplayers that they sponsor that they are slowly creeping up Adidas both in the European and in Latin American markets.

But the facts are facts. As of 2006, Adidas has a 38% global share and Nike 31%. 7% is a huge gap when dealing with billions of dollars.
This goes back to what you said about Adidas owning the soccer market. Going by those numbers, Adidas has seen a 2% market share growth since1998. While on the other hand Nike has doubled its market share in that same time period. Once again, Adidas does not "absolutely own" the soccermarket. At this rate they'll fall behind Nike by the next World Cup. If Nike finalize their purchase of Umbro that will be an additional 20% share.

nike has definitely made its mark in the soccer world- its pretty obvious that nike and adidas are the heavy hitters in the soccer world with boots, and othergear, and im guessing umbro and puma are in a close tie for third- but as a player since age 6 ive only owned a pair of adidas boots for soccer and have had nocomplaints in my 11 year career

I've always thought the XIX(19) would make a great soccer cleat. The new Lasers remind of the shroud covering the laces on the XIX.

Originally Posted by xeneize10

I've always thought the XIX(19) would make a great soccer cleat. The new Lasers remind of the shroud covering the laces on the XIX.
No Jordan could ever be made into a football boot, They are all to bulky, not light enough, to fussy in design and all are cut to high as footballerswant ankle movement.

Nike own Umbro so probably have as much as a market share of the football market...............

I could care less about soccer in ANY country, US or otherwise. I dont watch it period.

You dont have to argue when you're wrong though
smile.gif

But the facts are facts. As of 2006, Adidas has a 38% global share and Nike 31%. 7% is a huge gap when dealing with billions of dollars.

Source - Time magazine

That's what I'm saying. You don't watch soccer and only rely on TIME magazine.
That's why you're wrong. Well, if you still think you're right, that's fine too. :smile:
I know you couldn't careless about soccer in any possible way. But I'm just correcting you (if only you wanna take it), otherwise, ignore me.:wink:
LOL. For my fellow ManUtd fans, here's Tevez before he moved to Brazil:
tevez3.jpg

Originally Posted by ittakesalittlebitmore

This guys is right. I'm from Europe and football WAS owned by adidas but now Nike are taking over slowly. Nike make the best kit (the new USA one is awesome). And dont forget that Umbro is owned by Nike, they bought them last year (or year before?), and Umbro kits will be switched over to Nike ones slowly, so that 37 - 31 statistic is misleading...

I think adidas do excel at boots though, Nikes boots peaked about 2 - 3 years ago but now they're looking to plastic and crazy coloured

Tevez always wear Jordan Brand off the pitch and huge baggy hip hop style wear, this aint new

This guys is right. I'm from Europe and football WAS owned by adidas but now Nike are taking over slowly. Nike make the best kit (the new USA one is awesome). And dont forget that Umbro is owned by Nike, they bought them last year (or year before?), and Umbro kits will be switched over to Nike ones slowly, so that 37 - 31 statistic is misleading...

I think adidas do excel at boots though, Nikes boots peaked about 2 - 3 years ago but now they're looking to plastic and crazy coloured

Nike bought Umbro within the last few months, and Nike are going to push the Umbro brand not change them over to Nike! The England shirt is staying Umbroas we were hopeing it would change to Nike...................

Originally Posted by jcuk23

^

Its soccer.

JB and soccer dont mix.

I'm not sure this is true. Cristiano Ronaldo is the highest paid Prem player now and he still doesn't earn what Beckham earns at LA Galaxy and the highest paid British sports performer is Luol Deng so I think you will find NBA and MLB players get paid more than soccer players in Europe.

Also I would definitely say that Adidas' days of "OWNING" soccer are well and truly over Nike have been growing since the early 90's and are extremely competitive if not bigger than Adidas these days, well this is in the Uk anyway. The majority of young players would muh prefer to wear a pair of Nike vapors than Adidas Predators for sure. That's coming from teaching PE and seeing what the kids beast over.

The highest paid Prem Players are Wayne Rooney, John Terry and Steven Gerrard all earning around the £130000 aweek, Ronaldo earns around £80000 aweek, He will become the highest paid player when/if he signs a new ManU deal...............

Playing and watching football every week the Addias Preds and the Nike total 90 lasers are the boot of choice at the moment...........................

He's already signed his new deal and bought a £4 million house!! Yeah that's watching prem but get yourself down to the parks and see what kidswear VAPORS!

Originally Posted by jcuk23

^

Its soccer.

JB and soccer dont mix.

The highest paid Prem Players are Wayne Rooney, John Terry and Steven Gerrard all earning around the £130000 aweek, Ronaldo earns around £80000 aweek, He will become the highest paid player when/if he signs a new ManU deal...............

He's already signed his new deal and bought a £4 million house!! Yeah that's watching prem but get yourself down to the parks and see what kids wear VAPORS!

haha!! Im a under 16's football coach! and i play sunday league too 95% of what i see is Preds, F50+ and Laser.....................

He has bought the house but has not yet signed the new deal with ManU, if you read the article i did this month(in the Sun)it said he is about to sign a 44million pound deal which is not yet signed............................

Back
Top Bottom