** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet - 2010 **

Originally Posted by riphamilton

^note that cronaldo doesn't wear the plate with the articulating stud; he has his superfly PEs customized with the regular mercurial plate.
Ronaldo actually wears a hybrid sole-plate:

ronaldoboots2010superfl.jpg

Those safari prints are pretty out there...

The Pink Panthers and Cactus are a little more my style but still extremely bright and draw a ton of attention.

worldsoccershop.com is having 15% through November 7th for there entire site I believe.

c ronaldo finally broke out the safaris yesterday.... i'm pretty sure this was the first match he wore them in (it was the first home match since the release; he's been wearing the cherry volt superflys previously). good shots of the tepex (carbon) soleplate make it obvious that he had these customized with metal studs mixed with plastic.... seems like a lot of players have been taking this approach lately.

you can't tell definitively from these pics, but i'm fairly certain that he isn't using (and never has used) the new superfly soleplate with the retractable stud.... nike must not be thrilled about that since they're marketing that technology as a game changer, yet their biggest star refuses to use it.

18c26596a94821bf9d1286d4df0e657e9c4deff5_r.jpg

8e7267a68c4301f190929fd50bbeb022e1a27df8_r.jpg

ccf261969f4071a197c2acdfc8c7234ae82eb2cd_r.jpg

looks like rooney took advantage of being on the nike campus....

WAYNE Rooney was spotted rooting for bargains in Nike’s staff discount store despite earning £200,000 a week.

The Manchester United striker’s record £50million pay deal did not stop him popping into the shop at the sportswear giant’s world HQ in the USA, where shoppers can snap up the latest products for as little as half price.

Entrance is by security pass only and strictly limited to Nike workers and their guests.

Rooney, 25, broke off from fitness training at the site in Beaverton, near Portland, Oregon, to buy a mini basketball for his year-old son Kai.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/posts/view/162412/ (they have a pic)

^ LOL. But really, Rooney's one of Nike's top athletes... he can get as many pairs as he damn well pleases...

new nike france jersey, which will be debuting 9 february against the seleção....

8ed3628163f243091b7a9fa02ac0df07e11a649f_r.jpg

three buttons on the collar, which is a huge contrast to the techfit that some of the players wear now. the blue is darker, and the article notes that it's comparable to the blue that the rugby team wears. it's funny that the swoosh is called 'la virgule' in french, which means slash (/).

http://www.leparisien.fr/...s-02-12-2010-1174207.php

you can't tell definitively from these pics, but i'm fairly certain that he isn't using (and never has used) the new superfly soleplate with the retractable stud.... nike must not be thrilled about that since they're marketing that technology as a game changer, yet their biggest star refuses to use it.
Not to be a **** or anything, but two posts above this one I posted this:
Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

^note that cronaldo doesn't wear the plate with the articulating stud; he has his superfly PEs customized with the regular mercurial plate.
Ronaldo actually wears a hybrid sole-plate:

ronaldoboots2010superfl.jpg
Again, not trying to be a jerk, just pointing out that there's a more clear picture above of his mixed sole plate.

And I really like the France jerseys. Really classy, their simplicity reminds me of the All Blacks jerseys which are, of course, classics. A welcome change from the most recent adidas France kit, which I hated.

EDIT: An auction for a pair of blacked-out Superfly II's with Ronaldo's signature mixed soleplate just ended. Note that there's an extra eyelet at the top, and that unlike the pair Ronaldo wears this has Mercurial studs in the heel. Here are some pictures:

superflyii.png

superflyii2.png

superflyii3.png

new nike france jersey, which will be debuting 9 february against the seleção....

three buttons on the collar, which is a huge contrast to the techfit that some of the players wear now. the blue is darker, and the article notes that it's comparable to the blue that the rugby team wears. it's funny that the swoosh is called 'la virgule' in french, which means slash (/).

http://www.leparisien.fr/...s-02-12-2010-1174207.php
pretty nice "Virgule" means comma in English , slash is "barre". 

Oh, and here's a great interview with Adam Johnson that reveals the extent of customization that sponsored players receive.

http://www.footy-boots.com/adam-johnson-football-boots-13846/

Here's the key part, when he speaks to the interviewer as he is designing a pair of Vapor VI's on NikeID:

“It’s asking for size, but I don’t really have one anymore! Normally I just ring Nike and they’ll get me a pair made up for my feet – they don’t really take a lot of breaking in then

^i'm a nike guy through and through and only wear synthetic leather, but i gotta admit i've been falling in love with the adipures. if i could find a pair of the white/SG IIIs in my size i'd be all over them since the technology of your boot's upper matter less when its wet. they're pure class.

the IVs look nice as well, although i stil prefer the IIIs. hopefully the IVs will grow on me. i just wish they'd make the 'adipure' logo at the heel less conspicuous. even if they kept it that size but had it be the same color as the upper i think it'd look a lot classier, which is what this line is about imo. i'd keep the tongue one color, and the soleplate black. the baby blue plate and tongue with the white upper looks terrible! adidas using red colorway (just like the blue with the IIIs) sorta defeats the whole purpose of the line. stick to black and white. the footyboots article on the IVs notes the star wearers of the adipures are lampard, kaka, milito, and xavi alonso. all of them are injured, except for xavi alonso - i wish xavi hernandez would make the switch from the predators! the player i've noticed the most in them is yoann gourcuff....

....who's also been out injured a lot recently.
a19269467146b1d596120cdadb2054e2303dc43b_r.jpg

7d816667401b9e2ad8bd1c372fbb1c4093958749_r.jpg

those "dunkman" t90's are sexy.

have to admit I am underwhelmed by the france kit. Figured Nike would have gone big the first outing to make a statement. guess I was wrong.

I was watching the Milan/ Brescia game yesterday and I can't remember to save my life, that a  Brescia adidas sponsored player went down and it seems the 3 stripes have gotten into molded/stud game as well.
I was sitting on the fence on these but decided to pull the trigger. It's a lovem hatem cleat
embarassed.gif

393815374.jpg

Yeah, the safari's are definatelt that kind of boot. but if someone does see you down pitch with those on their is no hope for em lol.

looking forward to my xmas pair

first official shots i've seen of the new CTRs. "i know someone who" product tested them; the only difference i noticed was the instep control pads are designed a little differently, and of course the all-important swoosh at the toe. i think calling this version "new" is a bigtime stretch.

5e116f6d421d9823d725f23854eca6ae6a59df4b_r.jpg

^ More like a facelife-edition... still, they look pretty good.
EDIT ~ ah, find some bigger pics.

SB_5F00_CTR_5F00_360_5F00_main.jpg

SB_5F00_bootarticle_5F00_side_5F00_profile.jpg

SB_5F00_bootarticle_5F00_sole_5F00_profile.jpg

SB_5F00_CTR_5F00_360_5F00_Elite_5F00_pair1.jpg

SB_5F00_CTR_5F00_360_5F00_Elite_5F00_pair4.jpg

SB_5F00_CTR_5F00_360_5F00_Elite_5F00_above_5F00_profile.jpg

^Or Cesc's Arsenal kit.

I'm not liking them as much as the original, they look more like a synthetic boot than the last ones did (which is bad). The previous Maestri looked almost like it could have been a K-leather boot, but these don't have that nice stitched flex point in the forefoot. They look very angular.

If I'm gonna get them (I'll search for another pair of the originals instead, probably), I'll go with the non-Elite version.

maestri2whtredmain.jpg

The swoosh on the toe looks very goofy. It almost looks like an accidental white spot.
maestri2whtredclos2.jpg

Carrying over the fins from the Laser III onto the pass pad.
maestri2whtredclos7.jpg

Originally Posted by T21D

I was watching the Milan/ Brescia game yesterday and I can't remember to save my life, that a  Brescia adidas sponsored player went down and it seems the 3 stripes have gotten into molded/stud game as well.
I was sitting on the fence on these but decided to pull the trigger. It's a lovem hatem cleat
embarassed.gif
Great photography as usual. Honestly I was hating on these at first, but after seeing them on foot they look pretty clean. Orange was probably the best accent color they could have chosen for these, and the only one to make it work well. One thing I don't get are those faded "arrows" in the upper. Just seems to make an otherwise simple color blocking scheme very confusing.

A video from a bit of time ago that I haven't seen posted yet. New Predators, currently being called the "Kinetic"

Per Martesacker testing them out in a training session:
a3b39b6dbc2f6a9e9209abd.jpg

107352583.jpg

apee17fe7021cc4d1c835a5.jpg

call me old school,but i've always associated France with adidas...
they seem to go hand-in-hand with each other - just like two of their greatest players in Platini and Zidane...

Same thing with Argentina. I can't see them with any other brand.... But would love for them to be with Nike
grin.gif
but then again... I'm tired of seeing Nike on everything! Lol

Originally Posted by never wear them

Same thing with Argentina. I can't see them with any other brand.... But would love for them to be with Nike
grin.gif

nike offered to pay the german national team 6 times what adidas pays them (the nike offer was reportedly €500M for 8 years!).... but DFB turned them down. i couldn't imagine germany in nike; that'd be like the oregon ducks wearing adidas.

also of note, bafana bafana will be another african puma team - it was rumored before that nike would get that contract. puma's definitely doing big things in africa.... hopefully the newer kits are less cookie cutter than what they have been (i HATE the lower case NOB typeface). SA's loss to the US a couple weeks ago is the last time that they'll wear the adidas unis.
http://www.sport24.co.za/...ana-to-don-Puma-20101117

I guess Adi Dasler's influence long history and Germany's loyalty goes beyond $. 
pimp.gif

But if you look @ the '94 WC and the USMNT- rocking the 3 stripes wasn't so bad. How about Maradona donning  Le Cog Sportif back in the day. It was appealing when I saw local major brands fitting their national teams. e.g. Atletica- Mexico, Hummel- Denmark, Kappa- Italy, et.al

Originally Posted by never wear them

grin.gif

nike offered to pay the german national team 6 times what adidas pays them (the nike offer was reportedly €500M for 8 years!).... but DFB turned them down. i couldn't imagine germany in nike; that'd be like the oregon ducks wearing adidas.

also of note, bafana bafana will be another african puma team - it was rumored before that nike would get that contract. puma's definitely doing big things in africa.... hopefully the newer kits are less cookie cutter than what they have been (i HATE the lower case NOB typeface). SA's loss to the US a couple weeks ago is the last time that they'll wear the adidas unis.
http://www.sport24.co.za/...ana-to-don-Puma-20101117
Glad to hear both of those things. South Africa's adidas kits were stink, and I'm glad there's some form of loyalty left in professional sports. There's no way Nike will ever get Germany.

i think robinho may have been wearing the blacked out mercurials that onlyfootball posted a few posts up. this is champions league v. ajax today (8 dec), and unfortunately he was subbed fairly early so i can't find better pictures (yet). it was fairly clear on TV that they were mercurials.

816260967445f1d99462c9deaf4141cb1fb2a616_r.jpg

d11260b6a94e61d69472f2d668cb0de046cee6f2_r.jpg

d16162684f1d912bda4f2501773a02ec90815df6_r.jpg

Here's a good picture of them. I think they're different from the ones I posted above, as you can see they have a standard SG plate and a bit of pink on the heel. I'm guessing he just blacked out the SG Cherry Superfly II's he's been wearing recently.

1c0dafc4750abaa4bfa208f.jpg

the Cherry Superfly II he has worn in the past:
apa57a88ea97d342b6a949d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom