** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2012 **

Why would anyone but an umbro city kit when they are going nike next year?!?! That like all the people that bought reebok nfl gear in 2011...loss.

I was an adidas soccer jersey homer in the 90s but ever since the 1998 world cup Nike be killin adidas (i.e. 98 usa red, holland orange, italy blue and white and brazil blue jersey)

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

Why would anyone but an umbro city kit when they are going nike next year?!?! That like all the people that bought reebok nfl gear in 2011...loss.

I was an adidas soccer jersey homer in the 90s but ever since the 1998 world cup Nike be killin adidas (i.e. 98 usa red, holland orange, italy blue and white and brazil blue jersey)
maybe for the gold epl patches. I feel like that can make a kit better 

Originally Posted by beans718

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

That's nice, I like it a lot. It's a shame Nike will be taking over, City has had consistently well-designed home and away kits under Umbro these past several years.

my thoughts exactly.... umbro is always class

this. it makes me wonder if this is potential step one for nike phasing out umbro, which would be a shame since they're producing incredible kits like the new sweden and peru ones. if england ever rock the swoosh, that's when we'll know it's over.

i think adidas is slowly having reebok be on its way out of soccer - casillas switching was a big indication that they didn't want to waste a superstar repping reebok.

that being said, i've always wondered whether it's smart to have subsidiaries like reebok and umbro when it comes to sportswear. i can see at the retail level how it's nice to be able to sell a cheaper brand and not compromise the price point of your main product.... that's why ralph lauren can sell purple label shirts for $400, and chaps khakis at bj's for $30 - all while still maintaining the reputation of the more expensive brand and the company as a whole. i think umbro is sort of the 'chaps' for nike - their gear (especially for kids) is generally cheaper than nike.

what i don't understand - and what makes the comparison different from ralph lauren - is how nike can then justify telling a major club like manchester city that they're going to be 'relegated' to wearing umbro. do they tell john terry, kyle walker and joe hart that they're not "good enough" to wear the swoosh? i can see how umbro is being positioned as a "heritage" brand - but then why would that brand have a boot like the umbro GT? i'm sure there have been similar discussons on this in the jordan brand forum.

soccer jerseys change from year to year. football jerseys don't.

Adidas and Umbro are both terrible
and i'm an Argentina (adidas)

argentina_home_soccer_jersey_2011_2012.jpg
adidas-argentina-2011-2012-away-jersey_2.jpg

and Guatemala (umbro) fan

guatemala.jpg
guatemalaawayumbro.png

Nike takes design risks and is a step ahead of the curve.

Originally Posted by Jada2001Retro

When did you become a City "fan"?.

Curious...were you a Chelsea "fan" before-hand?

I've been a City fan for as long as you've been trolling.

My-T.

Nike takes design risks and is a step ahead of the curve.

Have you seen the club kits for Barca, United, Arsenal,etc? Sticking to traditional designs like Adidas>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>taking design risks and pumping out ugly @#$% for the biggest clubs on earth. Nike did a good job with the new France/Portugal/New Zealand/Netherlands away shirts, but that's about it. The rest are either as plain as Adidas (which is a good thing) or tacky like the Netherlands pizza shirt

I pray that some how united ends up back at umbro..

IMO it goes
UMBRO
ADIDAS
Nike
Puma
Etc..

nike and puma can alternate though..  my main issue with nike aside from design has been these cheap $+% kits.. i know they are eco friendly but im paying for quality here..

Originally Posted by ELCHAPULINCOLORADO

another image of the Man City home jersey
manchester-city-12-13-umbro-home-football-shirt-leaked-c.jpg

these are gonna be epic!
pimp.gif
i dont know about you but to me that looks like a cotton polo type shirt, not an actual jersey

Originally Posted by Weather

I'm liking this one:
watermarked_thumbnail.aspx
isn't that this years? Always dig the french kits, plus I think PSG had the best ones this season

Originally Posted by mrrw

another image of the Man City home jersey
manchester-city-12-13-umbro-home-football-shirt-leaked-c.jpg

these are gonna be epic!
pimp.gif
i dont know about you but to me that looks like a cotton polo type shirt, not an actual jersey
Umbro always uses a cotton poly blend on their kits..

my main issue with nike aside from design has been these cheap $+% kits.. i know they are eco friendly but im paying for quality here..

Agreed... I'm sick of paying for 8-10 water bottles. 
laugh.gif

grin.gif

Originally Posted by mrrw

these are gonna be epic!
pimp.gif
Umbro always uses a cotton poly blend on their kits..
good call. did some google research. looks like these are in fact the new jerseys. thanks for the clarification

Anyone know why some shirts have the little team logos printed inside the numbers, while others don't?

From World Soccer Shop:

However these have the Portuguese crest in the numbers:

I ordered some shirts from UK Soccershop and thought they used fake lettering since mine didn't have the crest either, but now I'm seeing that other sites have the same thing. Is it because some players have to be customized and therefore don't have the national team logo? Then again, I don't see why Ronaldo's shirt wouldn't have it. I've ordered from UK Soccershop many times and they always give me authentic lettering for club shirts, so I'm really confused about this matter.

Only some shops have access to official name and numbers. I went through the same thing with the USA kits. All stores online had the correct font but only USSOCCER.comHad the correct font with the USA crest on the bottom.

Which is why I waited a full month to get my Holland numbers in. They're leeeegit, though

My-T.

City home and away are Sooooo nice next year. Year after year umbro has been nothing but class. Smh umbro is not Nikes version of Reebok.

messi wearing the new adizero colorway, apparently his upper is leather. i'm sure adidas had assumed these would be making their debut during the champions league final; instead, the copa del rey final wasn't even on tv in the US (only espn deportes/espn3).
b5716b60421f932cd1b79f6afa20b24c51ad034c_r.jpg

Checked a couple of pages & didn't see this vid so I thought I'd share. It shows a portion of the process on how Nike is making the national jerseys using recycled water bottles. Cheers.

Forgot to include this link to the Nike soccer youtube page. It's got some great vids for the diehard football fans...

Back
Top Bottom