** Soccer/Futbol/Football Feet, Kits and Gear - 2012 **

As long as you're happy with the size its all good. I don't like mine big at all so I always roll with a M (i'm 5'10 155) I used to buy larges until i realized how big they actually were on me. I like to wear mine on the snugger side but not like a wet suit ya know. Get some namesets on there now! :tongue:
I have Ronaldo on the RM one. Don't know who I'd get on the Brazil one :smh:
I almost bought the away instead. It's too clean :smokin

New Tottenham 3rd kit. I am lying in wait to buy the away kit. Got 3 friends that work at UA headquarters here in baltimore and can get me a 50% discount. I could get a generic jersey....but i neeeeeed a Dempsey jersey lol.

this is from bleacher report under the headline of being the 2013/14 away shirt, so take it with a grain of salt....

as you probably know, that shirt is essentially the catalonian flag, and catalonian independence is becoming an even bigger issue now that the spanish economy is doing so poorly (and catalonia is doing comparatively well). 1.5 million people went to an independence rally in barcelona yesterday, so it's easy to see how this shirt could be used by politicians for personal gain.

these popped up on siamboots under the headline of "NIKE GS is expected that it will be released in December" (google translation)....

they have the same "SAMPLE" stamped on them as i get on the boots i product test for, so i'm fairly certain these are a legit nike prototype. the outsole doesn't look like a top-level outsole, so these could be a mercurial glite or ctr360 trequartista "second level" boot, as opposed to the top-of-the-range version. the questions i have are - will these be released? will it be an updated mercurial, or will the nike GS be an entire new line?

New Barcelona kit is hideous.... Best kits this season to me personally: 1. Arsenal Away kit, 2. Celtic FC Away kit, 3. Can't believe I am saying this Chel$ea Home kit.

this is from bleacher report under the headline of being the 2013/14 away shirt, so take it with a grain of salt....

as you probably know, that shirt is essentially the catalonian flag, and catalonian independence is becoming an even bigger issue now that the spanish economy is doing so poorly (and catalonia is doing comparatively well). 1.5 million people went to an independence rally in barcelona yesterday, so it's easy to see how this shirt could be used by politicians for personal gain.

these popped up on siamboots under the headline of "NIKE GS is expected that it will be released in December" (google translation)....

they have the same "SAMPLE" stamped on them as i get on the boots i product test for, so i'm fairly certain these are a legit nike prototype. the outsole doesn't look like a top-level outsole, so these could be a mercurial glite or ctr360 trequartista "second level" boot, as opposed to the top-of-the-range version. the questions i have are - will these be released? will it be an updated mercurial, or will the nike GS be an entire new line?

The boots resemble what was being called vapor 9s on previous pages in purple with the strange dimple pattern on the upper. But with how much praise the Vapor 8 has been getting for its upper i would think they would keep it for the vapor 9. So it would make sense if they are going to take a risk on the GS line and make something "different" using a vapor looking silhouette.

Its funny that the sole plate looks like that given what is currently going on surrounding the Vapor 8 pro sole plate. I heard the pro sole plate was being investigated after the whole Wayne Rooney incident on whether its safe to play with those studs. And apparently it turns out it wasn't the metal studs that did the damage but the small bladed studs that are sharp.

Either way i love my vapor 8s lol. Those little sharp blades give excellent traction.

The boots resemble what was being called vapor 9s on previous pages in purple with the strange dimple pattern on the upper. But with how much praise the Vapor 8 has been getting for its upper i would think they would keep it for the vapor 9. So it would make sense if they are going to take a risk on the GS line and make something "different" using a vapor looking silhouette.
Its funny that the sole plate looks like that given what is currently going on surrounding the Vapor 8 pro sole plate. I heard the pro sole plate was being investigated after the whole Wayne Rooney incident on whether its safe to play with those studs. And apparently it turns out it wasn't the metal studs that did the damage but the small bladed studs that are sharp.
Either way i love my vapor 8s lol. Those little sharp blades give excellent traction.

i'm with you on blades - i've been playing with the intertract soleplate for maybe 12+ years now, geeze. everything else feels really sluggish to me. i totally agree that blades are more dangerous than round typical metal studs, but i love them. sir alex has been trying to get them banned for at least 5 years now, and IIRC none of the man united youth players are allowed to wear blades.

they're not for everyone - my girlfriend played in them, but they messed with her ankles too much.... i got her into a pair of SG-pro legends, and apparently the issue went away.

that's probably not it because Barca usually uses their away jersey from the previous year as the next years third jersey so that would be their orange and yellow from this year and I don't see them wearing yellow for both away and third

Last edited:

i'm with you on blades - i've been playing with the intertract soleplate for maybe 12+ years now, geeze. everything else feels really sluggish to me. i totally agree that blades are more dangerous than round typical metal studs, but i love them. sir alex has been trying to get them banned for at least 5 years now, and IIRC none of the man united youth players are allowed to wear blades.

they're not for everyone - my girlfriend played in them, but they messed with her ankles too much.... i got her into a pair of SG-pro legends, and apparently the issue went away.

My big toe on my left and right foot are so callous from the years of wearing vapors. But I used adi-zeros last season and it isn't the same. The ability to turn and cut is superior in the vapor 8s.

Sidebar - our season has started poorly 1 tie 1 loss.....not shaping up for a good year

My big toe on my left and right foot are so callous from the years of wearing vapors. But I used adi-zeros last season and it isn't the same. The ability to turn and cut is superior in the vapor 8s.
Sidebar - our season has started poorly 1 tie 1 loss.....not shaping up for a good year

haha i'm with you with the callouses on the medial sides of my big toes.... i could probably come close to filling up a shot glass with dead skin if i actually cared enough to cut it off! i'm pretty sure i'm stuck with them for the rest of my life. i'm playing for an expansion club that's in its first year; we lost 3-2 in our first match yesterday, but we looked good - just need more practices under our belts to gel as a team.

Does anyone know where there's a guide to differentiate between the different levels of nike futbol cleats? I wann know what I'm getting with each price range.

Hoping you guys might be able to give me some clarification. A lot of pros have switched into the new blue vapor 8s

They are calling them the ACC Vapor 8 because of an All Conditions Control they pre treat the leather with in the manufacturing process that allows for a consistent touch in both dry and wet conditions.

But SoccerBible says that they are back to the suede material of the Mango vapor. Which i believe had tons of complaints with durability. Any one know if this ACC coating is supposed to fix that? And what does this mean:

Nike revert back to the same suede upper as featured on the Mango/Grey launch boot. In a significant move, Nike's four silo break-down has been coated with All Conditions Control (ACC) technology which allows the boot's surface to maintain the same level of friction, touch and control on the ball in wet and dry conditions.

Does this mean they are adding the ACC to all of their Silos? aka Lasers Maestri's Tiempo's and Vapors from now on? Just a little confused considering i own Seaweed Vapor 8s which i love don't' get me wrong, but if the suede material is not more durable and performs better i kind of want to know :lol:

Just saw these old Athletic Bilbao kits online. These are beauties. It's a shame that most modern kits have sponsorship deals taking up the front of the jersey.

Hoping you guys might be able to give me some clarification. A lot of pros have switched into the new blue vapor 8s

They are calling them the ACC Vapor 8 because of an All Conditions Control they pre treat the leather with in the manufacturing process that allows for a consistent touch in both dry and wet conditions.

But SoccerBible says that they are back to the suede material of the Mango vapor. Which i believe had tons of complaints with durability. Any one know if this ACC coating is supposed to fix that? And what does this mean:
Does this mean they are adding the ACC to all of their Silos? aka Lasers Maestri's Tiempo's and Vapors from now on? Just a little confused considering i own Seaweed Vapor 8s which i love don't' get me wrong, but if the suede material is not more durable and performs better i kind of want to know :lol:

looks like all silos:

not a huge fan of the colorway, and i don't have high hopes that they'll hit swoosh, but as long as i can find the maestri with ACC and the hybrid soleplate, i will cop.

EDIT: all are now available to preorder on soccer.com, except for the maestri. looks like ship date will be mid-october.

EDIT 2: just realized the maestri iii has always had ACC

Last edited:
anyone have the volt or aqua lunar gato 5s? I have been looking for a nice CW since I had to dump my safaris because they were too small. Wondering how they look in person?

Thanks in advance

IMO, the lunar gato looks bulky but the lunar provides plenty cushion and comfort
in this case, i suppose function over form

Last edited:
anyone know any good stores i can go to for a wide selection on boots? im looking for turf, and im kinda weary about coppin online. really wanna try them on first.

Back
Top Bottom