Soccer/Futbol/Football Footwear, Kits & Gear - 2016

They can be had.

I passed (regrettably) on some vapor Xs in the grey/pink colorway at the nike outlet when they were marked down to $140 with 30% off. This was last year some time. When i was at the nike outlet in florida on vacation they had bronze HVs but i didn't catch the price.

I think you may have luck with HVs in the top tier or phinish verzion since it looks like that old upper is being phased out and they are going back to the honeycomb on upcoming HV2s.

They can be had.

I passed (regrettably) on some vapor Xs in the grey/pink colorway at the nike outlet when they were marked down to $140 with 30% off. This was last year some time. When i was at the nike outlet in florida on vacation they had bronze HVs but i didn't catch the price.

I think you may have luck with HVs in the top tier or phinish verzion since it looks like that old upper is being phased out and they are going back to the honeycomb on upcoming HV2s.

Thanks. I'm in DC and we have a neighborhood development outlet in the city, another outlet at an outlet mall just outside the city and a now factory store about 40 minutes away in Virginia. I'll probably try calling all 3 stores when it's not too busy on Wednesday and ask them what if any cleats they have in stock. Will certainly report back if I stumble across any crazy deals.

Guys I need some suggestions. I was thinking of getting a pair of proper AG boots to play on artificial surfaces. But I'm gonna pass and just get a pair of Turf shoes. I honestly don't know if I should go with the mid cut Proximo or just go traditional with the Finale. Is there a difference in fit between the MercurialX and HypervenomX?
Anybody? :nerd:

Possible for these as casual use or would I look like a tool?
A lot of people use indoor shoes for casual use, but imo they end up looking like tools.

I haven't worn the Finale in 4-5 years so I can't compare but the MercurialX runs extremely small in my experience. I went a half size up compared to what I usually go in Nike cleats and they were still ultimately unwearable. Great shoes though I just needed a bigger size.

Thanks. I'm in DC and we have a neighborhood development outlet in the city, another outlet at an outlet mall just outside the city and a now factory store about 40 minutes away in Virginia. I'll probably try calling all 3 stores when it's not too busy on Wednesday and ask them what if any cleats they have in stock. Will certainly report back if I stumble across any crazy deals.

I was gonna say yes there are deals in outlets, until you mentioned you're from the DC area..I haven't been to the new ivy city store, but my experience in leesburg and national harbor is not good. Tiempo and hypervenom have been spotted recently on outlet racks, and a mix of stuff has shown up on hash walls, but usually nothing good comes out of this area.

Top tier boots also show up at ross sometimes but that is extremely hit or miss. Not sure how much you're willing to spend, but a top tier boot can be had easily for under 100 if you know where to look

If the vapor vs the hypervenom is any comparison then the hypervenom is a little wider. I am not familiar with the X line though sorry. I can vouch for AG boots being great but i know the price of them is more than going the turf route.
Hmmm, I can wear both without discomfort, and I'd rather get a pair of TF instead of AG since I don't train/play often on that type of ground. Plus I can use them on both, short-carpet like turf found on those 6v6 futsal fields and artificial 'blade' grass found in park fields/pitches.

I haven't worn the Finale in 4-5 years so I can't compare but the MercurialX runs extremely small in my experience. I went a half size up compared to what I usually go in Nike cleats and they were still ultimately unwearable. Great shoes though I just needed a bigger size.
I used to have the Bomba Finale 2 that are now discontinued, those things ran super narrow in the front. I'm not sure if Nike is still using those molds for the Finale line since that is what they are calling the low tops now. The Proximo is the one with a higher cut due to the dynamic fit collar, but I don't know if the collar bothers the heel similar to the Obra/Phantom/Superfly. I guess I'm gonna have to try them on in a store, but I don't wanna do that since I won't be buying them there. :lol:

Looks pretty decent on the pitch...I think i've come all the way around to completely liking them.

bs-18-07-benfica.jpg

bs-18-07-benfica2.jpg

Also soon come Hypervenom colorway

total-crimson-nike-hypervenom-phantom-ii-2016-2017-boots-2.jpg

Last edited:
i want to hear the performance reviews on the magista before i get pumped. The all black colorway looks good in them if the upper turns out to be as great as it sounds

Anyone ordered from Soccerpro before? I ordered the new Barca back in June and still nothing. They said they haven't received the shipment from Nike but it's been 2 months now. I'm trying to get a sponsor less one. Thanks

I've had no problems with them in the past. I ordered back in June as well. They were telling me the same thing, Nike hasn't released their shipment yet. I ended up canceling my order earlier this week and ordered one directly from Nike instead. Paid a little extra but I didn't want to miss out on a sponsor less shirt

Yea I don't think there's much SoccePro can do about that. Btw they're a small chain that started out as a mom and pop shop in the Bay Area.

Laaaaawd

Magista's still gettin copped though the second these fun boys at NTSF put them on the floor.

Last edited:
I'm ready for the coming transition away from lace systems. 

I used to always lace my boots up super tight. When I started going a half size down and really pushing the limits of how tight a fit I could achieve I found lacing up tightly wasn't necessary.  These days I can generally slide a finger under the knot on my laces. 

If the fit, shape and upper materials are right I can see laces becoming obsolete. I think that's where we're heading. 

Last edited:
Really interested in seeing how that boost will feel in a boot.

If you got the Nike soccer app you can get the new Magistas now

Back
Top Bottom