SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Dope they still got leagues running where you're at. Stay safe.

No, not quite - our league Spring season was suspended right at the outset in March. We just have a few dedicated groups of pick-up locally to do regular games and our governor hasn’t outlawed outdoor sports.

For real? I would like it a lot if it weren't for the faux collar. That trend needs to be retired.

image.jpg

My friends will clown me, but I love the color

Thierry Henry Thierry Henry How has this worked out for you? I'm looking at this PLAYR unit or a similar one called Playertek. What's fun about it? Is it worth messing around with?
Got this PLAYR in the mail yesterday - will try it out for tonight's game and do a quick writeup for anyone interested.

Damn my bad, i thought i had answered already. Unfortunately i was only able to use it for a week in 2 training sessions and 1 game. A few days after the game, i came down with the 'rona. I haven't really been able to put it to the test since then. I have messed around with the app in my short time with it. And to be honest, it's quite helpful because it chanllenges you to push yourself when you think you're doing enough. And there's also a bunch of tips in there to aid in recovery after a hard match/training session.

Thoughts/experiences with Chinese-made vs Bosnian-made gear?

My pair of Future Lab Mercurials are Bosnian. Note the single line of interior stitching attaching the suede inside the heel. The suede also feels more spongy and cushioned to the touch.
0CA86BCE-A1B3-4233-B449-D67A6BF481C7.jpeg

8F5A1D72-14FA-4A33-9A40-CEA83E62F9B5.jpeg

In contrast, my new Safari Mercurials are Made In China. Note the double line of stitches and “sloppier” assembly and cutting. The suede is not as responsive as the Future Lab pair.

1470B5D0-A10D-4C82-B23B-BF5EC0998410.jpeg

D3995062-3520-4809-89E8-4AD263026030.jpeg

Additionally, looking down into the footbed, note that the tpu studs are injected through the footbed and into the holes of the interior of the sole plate on the Future Lab pair. The studs are not present in the Chinese Safaris.

FE7D1EA7-621B-4664-B1C6-9D52ACBBC5DE.jpeg

Finally, the Bosnian pair is ever so slightly heavier than the Chinese pair, despite being the same tag size. The “heft” of the Flyknit upper feels more substantial on the Future Labs than the Safaris.

You fully recovered? Hope everything is all good bruh.
Yea i'm better now, but i haven't been able to get out there and give it 100% with parks being closed and leagues being cancelled. It all started with the feeling of fatigue, and then mild headaches. Then one day the headache was so bad, i went home after work straight to sleep and woke up having trouble breathing. I had a fever of 104°F for a few days and i couldn't take full deep breaths cause my lungs felt like they were burning. That whole thing lasted about 5 days, but I was stuck in bed for 3 weeks.

Thoughts/experiences with Chinese-made vs Bosnian-made gear?

My pair of Future Lab Mercurials are Bosnian. Note the single line of interior stitching attaching the suede inside the heel. The suede also feels more spongy and cushioned to the touch.
0CA86BCE-A1B3-4233-B449-D67A6BF481C7.jpeg

8F5A1D72-14FA-4A33-9A40-CEA83E62F9B5.jpeg

In contrast, my new Safari Mercurials are Made In China. Note the double line of stitches and “sloppier” assembly and cutting. The suede is not as responsive as the Future Lab pair.

1470B5D0-A10D-4C82-B23B-BF5EC0998410.jpeg

D3995062-3520-4809-89E8-4AD263026030.jpeg

Additionally, looking down into the footbed, note that the tpu studs are injected through the footbed and into the holes of the interior of the sole plate on the Future Lab pair. The studs are not present in the Chinese Safaris.

FE7D1EA7-621B-4664-B1C6-9D52ACBBC5DE.jpeg

Finally, the Bosnian pair is ever so slightly heavier than the Chinese pair, despite being the same tag size. The “heft” of the Flyknit upper feels more substantial on the Future Labs than the Safaris.

I think SR4U did a video about boots being manufactured in those two countries. It's been a while since i've watched any of his videos, but it should still be on youtube.

Can't repeat exactly what he said since it's been a while, but it was something like 'slight differences don't make a huge factor in performance'

Last edited:
I don't expect performance effects - I'm definitely not a "boots make the player" type. But I find the minutia interesting, and especially if it results in a difference in wear or durability.

Dude Thierry Henry Thierry Henry glad you are alive. That sounds like a nightmare.

That Roma away is a looker. From a product perspective, can't figure out why the club are cancelling early with Nike - all of the kits produced during this current deal have been very strong.

I still think the original Flight, in all white, is the best of the various versions coming out.

Back
Top Bottom