SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

cfbd8892a927.jpg
So this is what Adidas are calling their 2g/3g stud pattern. Reddit said that they have been available in Asia for a while and that they are noticably heavier than the FG version. But adidas also have an AG version
eed8c65468be.jpg
that has an extra stud...and I assume the studs are at least shorter? Idk there is not specs on them on unisport.

Idk how i feel about the 2g/3g plate. I would need to see/try them in person. At this point i almost need a 2g/3g plate like the old Nike AG-R plate. And a newer plate like the AG-Pro. The fields i play on are majority 3g but infrequently i play of pitches that are insanely shallow and hard.

I was pumped to see this plate variety on the new Pred. Will definitely be getting a pair at some point when my current AG GX dies.

Turf version of the Preds doesn’t have the tongue, kinda disappointed in that. Most likely gonna grab an AG version whenever it’s available

IMG_0076.png

Last edited:
It's weird that they have different AG soleplates for different models. The Copa AG soleplate uses a practically conical stud pattern. Heard bad things about how the leather holds up on AG but might try them out at some point.

Hoping these in FG sit and go on discount

I think they definitely will, the demand seems to be for the tongue version only.

Soccer.com is already almost out of the tongue ones, the regular still have a full size run available.

IMG_0079.png

That’s all that’s left and it’s only a few days

Last edited:
Picked up a pair of the predator FT. Haven’t worn adi in ages and after my first session in them, the left toe has a tear in the upper where it meets the sole plate. Absolutely gutted and can’t believe this happened

Yea honestly that seems to be a problem with the way some modern synthetic material boots are constructed.

my tiempos also tore at the same spot, twice.

Never happened with leather boots, not sure if they were ever stitched to sole plates, but I think the mixture of synthetic and glued down to sole plate is contributing to that area tearing.

Does Adidas do any sort of return policy like nike? I am always hesitant to buy anything other then Nike AG because of the nike waiver. I have blown through some boots in my day and knowing that if i touch AG with an FG it voids some warranties i basically have stuck with nike through and through

Does Adidas do any sort of return policy like nike? I am always hesitant to buy anything other then Nike AG because of the nike waiver. I have blown through some boots in my day and knowing that if i touch AG with an FG it voids some warranties i basically have stuck with nike through and through
Ya I know what you mean. I’ve been on Nike ag for a while but had to make an exception for the return of the tongue. I’ve contacted adidas so we will see what they say. Downside is even if it is covered I won’t be able to get a replacement pair in the same color as they are sold out everywhere

As much as i like the new preds i still can't trust that AG plate. And call me petty but the weight of the 2g/3g version puts me off.
Leaning toward either Mizuno or GX2 for this spring season. I want to try the gx2 though since my gx1 are a tad big in my TTS and the reviews for the GX2 say they are a little wider makes me think i could get away with .5 down.

Might do the old order from nike and return

As much as i like the new preds i still can't trust that AG plate. And call me petty but the weight of the 2g/3g version puts me off.
Leaning toward either Mizuno or GX2 for this spring season. I want to try the gx2 though since my gx1 are a tad big in my TTS and the reviews for the GX2 say they are a little wider makes me think i could get away with .5 down.

Might do the old order from nike and return

I might end up trying out the 2g/3g as I'm on the same boat with you about the "AG plate". I ain't fast anymore anyways so the weight isn't gonna do anything for me. Just upsetting that they aren't dropping AG or 2g/3g in any of the new colors. Really wanted the all black pair.

That blackout that came out today with the tongue is already sold out in most sizes now, adidas have themselves a smash hit for the first time in a very long time.

Looks like I’ll have to just pony up the cash instead of my usual wait for a sale strategy

That blackout that came out today with the tongue is already sold out in most sizes now, adidas have themselves a smash hit for the first time in a very long time.

Looks like I’ll have to just pony up the cash instead of my usual wait for a sale strategy

I had anticipated the black and white packs to hang around like the last iterations of all silos - you can snag the Preds and Copas for almost half off retail even in the + versions close to a year after release.

Does not appear so with the Tongues. The resellers are hoarding and driving hype even beyond what it should be. Cannot sufficiently express my disgust for IG resellers posting about their "full size run available" of the whiteout tongue preds at $50+ above retail

I had anticipated the black and white packs to hang around like the last iterations of all silos - you can snag the Preds and Copas for almost half off retail even in the + versions close to a year after release.

Does not appear so with the Tongues. The resellers are hoarding and driving hype even beyond what it should be. Cannot sufficiently express my disgust for IG resellers posting about their "full size run available" of the whiteout tongue preds at $50+ above retail
Yea I see clowns like this selling the launch predator 30s for $1000+

Got back from the pitch like 3 hours ago. Saw people that used to wear mercurials wearing the new predators.

Adidas really got a hit with this one. Wish they would use the leather from the copas for a "crafted" series. Still doesn't feel like a predator to me with the synthetic upper. I had leather predators in the past for reference.

Just ordered another pair of Made in Italy Diadora Brasils only to realize that they are probably no longer made with K leather anymore :/ They definitely aren't listed as being made with kangaroo leather even through my 3 previous were. I guess K leather really is gone for good. Anyone else still using it?? Other than Mizuno?

Anyways, I'll probably post them when they come in. I got the gold ones. Soccer.com has them for sale.

Got back from the pitch like 3 hours ago. Saw people that used to wear mercurials wearing the new predators.

Adidas really got a hit with this one. Wish they would use the leather from the copas for a "crafted" series. Still doesn't feel like a predator to me with the synthetic upper. I had leather predators in the past for reference.

NGL, I am one of those people. Wore Preds through about 2007, converted over, and now am fully back the other way. Really can’t believe it

Adi been cooking the past 2-3 years and it’s showing now. Personally the tipping point was this last Copa. Couldn’t believe how much I liked it compared to the Vapor 14 and now 15. Tried the Crazyfast+ on a whim and it just did everything I wanted better than Nike’s options. Now the Pred is just running with the baton

IMG_0122.jpeg

Also a Mercurial refugee, now I rotate between the GX and these Morelia 2’s. Still think the Merc Turfs are the best on the market though

Hopefully the Vapor 16 brings them back to prominence, I haven’t loved a Vapor since the 13

Back
Top Bottom