SOCCER/FUTBOL/FOOTBALL FOOTWEAR, KITS & GEAR - 2020/21

Picked these up for my oldest
IMG_2719.jpeg

Just ordered another pair of Made in Italy Diadora Brasils only to realize that they are probably no longer made with K leather anymore :/ They definitely aren't listed as being made with kangaroo leather even through my 3 previous were. I guess K leather really is gone for good. Anyone else still using it?? Other than Mizuno?

Anyways, I'll probably post them when they come in. I got the gold ones. Soccer.com has them for sale.

All I use aside from one pair of Vapors. Loaded up on the Nike TL 9 and have a pair of Premiers alongside some older TL.

1000038844.jpg

I got 2 Premiers from the last sale, Volts were 75 and black with blue bottoms were 62. I can't even tell if they're calf or synthetic tbh, but they're definitely not K leather.

1000038843.jpg

And I got these Diadora Brasil MII from soccer.com sale. They are definitely calf leather. K leather is just about dead.

BUT I just learned about this newer Japanese brand called Adler that makes all K leather boots with stitched on soleplates for very reasonable prices. I'm intrigued but have no immediate need, so maybe a future purchase way later on.

That would be the Adler Yatagarasu. I keep seeing in the comments section people telling the dude on soccer reviews for you on YouTube to review them

1000038844.jpg

I got 2 Premiers from the last sale, Volts were 75 and black with blue bottoms were 62. I can't even tell if they're calf or synthetic tbh, but they're definitely not K leather.

1000038843.jpg

And I got these Diadora Brasil MII from soccer.com sale. They are definitely calf leather. K leather is just about dead.

BUT I just learned about this newer Japanese brand called Adler that makes all K leather boots with stitched on soleplates for very reasonable prices. I'm intrigued but have no immediate need, so maybe a future purchase way later on.

noah cavanaugh reviewed them:

I am a participant in a boot-centric group chat that absolutely adores the Adlers. I've only heard good things, including Noah's reviews.

The Current premiers are not yet synthetic - Nike corrected that copy. While still calf, anticipate that the Premiere 4 to be artificial.

I purchased that gold Brasil MII from Diadora a few months ago; I believe the insert declared them to be K-.

How often do you guys switch out your boots? I'm know a lot of us have a rotation but also probably have that favorite pair we can't get away from. Surpringly just started thinking of how boots being older and losing cushioning, etc. can lead to potential injury, something I probably should have always been cautious about considering my knee history. Been rocking these TL 6's for so long now and realized they came out in ~2016. Not even sure how many games I've put into these things and they are definitelky still "wearable" but I finally made the decision to completely retire them. When do you guys stop wearing a boot or take it out of your rotation?

IMG_9034.JPG IMG_9035.JPG IMG_9036.JPG IMG_9037.JPG

TBH I don't know if I've ever explicitly "worn out" a boot to retirmement, but I can say I swap things when I start to feel the initial edge dull on a pair, meaning the primary reason I like a pair out of the box gives way to not be as noticeable on feet or actively detrimental.

For example, I've been enjoying a pair of Copa Pure+ since last summer. Initially, while not a laceless boot fan, I loved the sensation and how "second skin" like they felt on feet. Over the last month, and particularly during a game last night, I noticed the locked-in sensation had given way and I was now experiencing a feeling of shifting inside the boot when cutting that hadn't been there before. It's happened enough over the last few weeks I've decided to retire that Pure+ from my game rotation and downgrade it just to a training or fun boot.

Previously, I had used a pair of Vapor XIIIs extensively over about 18 months. Putting on a fresh pair, it was noticeable how much the fit of the boot had changed from that "locked in, out of box feel." It's hard to quantify, because they're still perfectly wearable, but the "zing" of excitement in putting them on wasn't there. That may be a painfully subjective measure of a boot's lifespan, but that's my take.

In my younger days I would wear them into obliteration. Below is a pic of me at indoor back in 2010, my right shoe was held together by duct tape.

IMG_4192.jpeg

Nowadays I get enticed by a new colorway/model way before that point.

Same experience with the Vapor 13 as El Argentino El Argentino said, they just don’t feel the same after a few months. For me it’s the padding in the heel, I always wore that down way before the upper got any damage. Made the boots unwearable

I usually have 2 pairs that I wear or can wear. Right now i have superflys and phantom gxs. I typically buy a new pair every year. Then i can retire one of my old pairs while still having a shoe i know i like and fits while i break in the new pair.
I have broken off studs before and had to return boots which leads to some down time so i have learned to have at least 1 pair to bridge the gap. I honestly don't play enough these days to really wear a boot into oblivion. I play twice a week and don't play outdoor in the winter.

And like most people I am a shoe enthusiast. I love soccer boots. The colors, the tech updates, the marketing. So now that i can afford it, it is easier to justify another pair of boots to play soccer in then another pair of random sneakers that cost $200 that i will just wear 2-3 times a month....casually

I don’t need new boots but I saw this kid wearing these the other day and asked him what they were.

I had no idea the GX 2 were even coming.

I have to at least give them a test run.

IMG_1168.png
Yea. They've been out since January. Didn't like the GX1 because of the pointy toebox so haven't given these a shot

My spring season starts in april too. Still think i might go GX2 in AG if i can find them in my size. I have my gx1 in an 11 which is my nike TTS and they are just ever so slightly long. I kinda want to try the gx2 in a 10.5 just to see. But it sucks having to find my size then find a place that i can order and return for free if they don't fit.

I really want to try a mizuno but scared about durability of the leather on AG. Really like the mizuno Alpha AG plate though. If those ever hit discount i might grab them

also just saw this today

Last edited:
One of the few turf shoes that have the same upper as the outdoor model, absolutely love these. Def gonna grab the AG model once it goes on sale and hopefully in a more neutral color scheme
81EEF90F-9C01-4413-A2E2-5016E543BEFE.jpeg

Just got back from a pickup game. Kept asking myself do I really need new boots? My premiers fit me like a glove and feel I should hold on to them longer instead of chasing grip boots to replace them with

Back
Top Bottom