Soccer Players Are the Best Athletes In Sports vol. No Contest

Essentially what soccer haters are saying is... since the world plays soccer (Asians, Africans, Latin Americans, and Europeans) they are all inferior to American Athletes. I love America but  
laugh.gif

america-the-beautiful-tray-mead.jpg

who do you guys think is more athletic.. the most athletic guy in the nba or the most athletic guy in the nfl? just want to hear opinions

Originally Posted by bballj228

who do you guys think is more athletic.. the most athletic guy in the nba or the most athletic guy in the nfl? just want to hear opinions
Tough, but I would probably say the NFL player since he would probably be stronger than the NBA player. I would assume everything else would be even for the most part.

I would say Freak Kerse > LeBron at their peak athletic primes. I view D-Ends or Linebackers as the most athletic players on the field. Just my opinion. Not all D-Ends, but the freak type dudes. Or if you have someone like Adrian Wilson in the backfield. But I would say NFL.

Rugby is very intense, no protections , timeouts and over sized squad like football, no walking and crying like soccer. 

i played organized soccer for the first time 2 weeks ago and it def was tough, tiring and fun.
Imo the best athletes are in the NFL

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Good to learn that athletic freaks such as Yao Ming, Shawn Bradley, Manute Bol and Gheorghe Muresan are some of the greatest athletes ever.
In a way they are. It takes greater dexterity and coordination to move and control a 7' body than a 5'6" body. Just saying, height should definitely factor into the athletic equation.�

Is you serious? Most of those guys looked like giraffes when they were running down the court.

Okay, so if there is some magical height to athleticism ratio or formula where someone who is CLEARLY not athletic is forgiven for not being athletic just because he is tall, then this dude who was 8'11 has got to be a better athlete than some 5'0 gymnast type who can do somersaults and flick flacks like it ain't no thing.

robert-wadlow.jpg
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
@ comparing a 8'11 civilian to a 5'0 athlete. They just said height should be considered not that it's the end all be all. Folks in here wylin

not saying basketball players are the best overall..

but i would feel safe going with 1 of these 3:

lebron
russell westbrook
derrick rose

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

not saying basketball players are the best overall..

but i would feel safe going with 1 of these 3:

lebron
russell westbrook
derrick rose
I am only striking out West and Rose cuz many here believe you have to look like a linebacker to be a great athlete. Rose and Westbrook could be finesse soccer players so that automatically discounts them as great athletes
laugh.gif
...according to many

Back
Top Bottom