Social Networking Pre-Myspace/Facebook

one thing i must say, bagging broads online during the pre myspace era was something completely different. you didn't have nearly as many pics to go off of. back then i would do a test to see if the girls were worth seeing. i'd meet them in front of the movie theaters at the mall by my house they would tell me what they were going to be wearing and i'd tell them what i would have on. then i would flip it on them, if i said i would be wearing a blue shirt i'd go wear a red shirt instead. scope out the area where they were at to see what they really looked like. if they looked good i'd go up to them and tell em my blue shirt was in the laundry. if they looked ugly i'd go to the food court get something to eat and then just go home while they were still waiting in front of the movies.

one thing i must say, bagging broads online during the pre myspace era was something completely different. you didn't have nearly as many pics to go off of. back then i would do a test to see if the girls were worth seeing. i'd meet them in front of the movie theaters at the mall by my house they would tell me what they were going to be wearing and i'd tell them what i would have on. then i would flip it on them, if i said i would be wearing a blue shirt i'd go wear a red shirt instead. scope out the area where they were at to see what they really looked like. if they looked good i'd go up to them and tell em my blue shirt was in the laundry. if they looked ugly i'd go to the food court get something to eat and then just go home while they were still waiting in front of the movies.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Hahahahah...man...this is TOO funny.

Props to all of you guys for sharing your stories and especially Je Ne Sais Quoi and rck2sactown for the xanga info.

Reading all of this made me realize how much time I used to spend on AIM like "Oh man I hope (insert name of cute girl here) comes back from away message"...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Hahahahah...man...this is TOO funny.

Props to all of you guys for sharing your stories and especially Je Ne Sais Quoi and rck2sactown for the xanga info.

Reading all of this made me realize how much time I used to spend on AIM like "Oh man I hope (insert name of cute girl here) comes back from away message"...
laugh.gif

IRC is the granddaddy of them all. I met a lot of friends that I still have back in the mid 90s on EFNET.

IRC is the granddaddy of them all. I met a lot of friends that I still have back in the mid 90s on EFNET.

what takes 20 minutes now adays used to take hours on the aim/aol chat days but it was well worth it
pimp.gif

jumpoffs been online since day 1

what takes 20 minutes now adays used to take hours on the aim/aol chat days but it was well worth it
pimp.gif

jumpoffs been online since day 1

Originally Posted by kingk777

Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone can fill me in as to what social networking sites were like before the Myspace and Facebook dynasties came around.

I'm doing a research project that incorporates the development of social networking, and I've been poking around looking at Sixdegrees, Makeoutclub, and Friendster on wikipedia, but I can't get a real feel for what they were like back then.

Were any of you NT heads out there down with any of these? Were the masses up on these sites...or were they strictly cult-following spots?

I'm specifically wondering what the profile layouts were like and what the communication abilities were. Could you friend people and message and post on walls and all that like today's Facebook? How did it work?

Any help would be much appreciated as always. I wasn't in tune with things like this when they came around at first
nerd.gif
. Much props, guys.

Peace

I'm sure there was a lot of mass back then too

Hey Guys,

I'm just wondering if anyone can fill me in as to what social networking sites were like before the Myspace and Facebook dynasties came around.

I'm doing a research project that incorporates the development of social networking, and I've been poking around looking at Sixdegrees, Makeoutclub, and Friendster on wikipedia, but I can't get a real feel for what they were like back then.

Were any of you NT heads out there down with any of these? Were the masses up on these sites...or were they strictly cult-following spots?

I'm specifically wondering what the profile layouts were like and what the communication abilities were. Could you friend people and message and post on walls and all that like today's Facebook? How did it work?

Any help would be much appreciated as always. I wasn't in tune with things like this when they came around at first
nerd.gif
. Much props, guys.

Peace

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Hey Guys,

nerd.gif
. Much props, guys.

Peace

Word. I see what you did there...
laugh.gif

Regarding Xanga...

Did people really use it, or was it just like a teenage girl thing? What was the facebook before facebook?

What was that go-to network?

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Hey Guys,

nerd.gif
. Much props, guys.

Peace

Word. I see what you did there...
laugh.gif

Regarding Xanga...

Did people really use it, or was it just like a teenage girl thing? What was the facebook before facebook?

What was that go-to network?

Aol/ Yahoo Chat started it all. Discussion closed. Lock it up!!!!
I had a girlfriend on yahoo until she found out I was Black. #fail
I did meet slot of chicks on yahoo chat though.
I was seduced by an older chick....inserted and squirted then hit the turf
Another I just splashed then dashed

Aol/ Yahoo Chat started it all. Discussion closed. Lock it up!!!!
I had a girlfriend on yahoo until she found out I was Black. #fail
I did meet slot of chicks on yahoo chat though.
I was seduced by an older chick....inserted and squirted then hit the turf
Another I just splashed then dashed

Back
Top Bottom