Soft Air Bubble on Air Max 95

i have a pair of AM95s from 1998, kept in excellent condition. only issue is the side air bubbles on the heel seem really soft (much softer compared to the other pairs) and when i'm wearing them, they fully compress and stick out a fair bit. the rear bubble on the heel is softer as well, but not as much as the sides.

hoping someone can answer some questions regarding this:

1. do air bubbles on the am95 gradually get softer due to age? if so, what is the typical age that this occurs?

2. is this an indication the sneaker is no longer wearable?

3. is it possible to firm up the bubbles? or is this a case of wear them til they pop and give them a proper send-off?

thanks!

I find with that particular air unit the section in the back is always a lower pressure than the two side and heel sections.

Your shoes are 15 years old. If you're wearing 15 year old shoes and you're noticing a lower pressure chances are they've lost their pressure and have a slow leak/hole and it's time to demote them to grunt work.  A shoe is not un-wearable due to a popped bag it just may not be comfortable and will kill the foam pillars/molds that surrounded and fit the airbag to the shoe quite quickly.

Back
Top Bottom