Soldier IV help

Have not been on here much, and was wondering if anyone has a review on the IV's compared to the III's.  Google didn't give any good search results for a review.  Thanks

comparing the soldier 3 to the 4, the only thing i like better on the 4 was the midfoot strap thats functional as opposed to the two stupid straps on the 3.

my two biggest complaints about the soldier 3 were the forefoot zoom was thin and the fit. the 4 kept both of these problems and got rid of the adequate heel zoom cushioning and replaced it with one of the worst implementations of max air ive seen.

the shoe has good traction, but does not use the xdr soles like the soldier 3 did.

the soldier 4 felt higher cut to me and stiffer around the ankle. if you are someone who leans more towards support in the support vs. flexibility you will like these. if you like more flexibility at the ankle, you may not be as fond.

i absolutely loved the 20.5.5s and the soldier 1s, and i thought the soldier 3s were a pretty good shoe. These just didn't do it for me aesthetically, comfort-wise, flexibility-wise, or in any other aspect besides traction and the midfoot strap returning.

i think they run a lil small, but the fit is really good. i personally the cushioning setup. I only tried them on, but i do plan on getting a pair pretty soon.

I bought the 4's and played a few games in them and really did not like the cushioning in the forefoot or the heel. I found the zoom in the forefoot to be kind of flat and the max heel to be too firm. I personally love the zoom/max setup, but these were not good at all. There are much better shoes on the market. Steve Nash on these!

Well, I did end up buying a pair.  I would have to agree that the 3's are better.  Lighter, better fit, and way better cushioning.  The max in the 4's heel is way too firm.  My only other shoe that had max was the Chosen's a few years back.  Much more give in those.

Back
Top Bottom