SOLE COLLECTOR MAG. CHGO GETS NO LOVE...

So yea I was just going thru the newest Sole Collector issue featuring MJ & Tinker, also the XX3...Really well done & informative etc...BUT uponfurther review, I came across pg 124 deemed "City Shots"...They traveled coast to coast...San Francisco, L.A. & N.Y. and guess what??...Chicagogets no love...Cmon now Chicago is the mecca for Air Jordans!!...It stareted here...Just seeing all these people who are "ambassadors" (more likeposers imo) representing different cities other than Chicago just upsets me...just had to vent sorry yall...
mad.gif

i feel your pain, what comforts me is the six rangs he gave us, six unforgettable summertime celebrations, g's bucking pistols, kids with firecrackers, cpdon those horses tryin to keep order=loovvee. come on now.

Maybe it's the other way around and this is just the result. Maybe Chicago has no love for a %*!@%%! wack magazines and as a result Chicago gets no loveback. Their editor and chief Steve, is the one who takes those mediocre at very best photographs that include as you even state yourself "posersimo". I'm lost as to why you would even want to be part of that...

And on top of that their photography blows %*!@%%! %+##, I feel for anyone involved in that, there are people in WDYWT that are far more talented photographersthen the morons they have shooting for them. That whole magazine has such an amateurish aesthetic it's funny. I think the only reason Nike, Jordan Brand,etc mess with them is because its just free advertising, cost them nothing but a little time. It's far from a quality publication.

Im trying to do what i can for our sneaker culture in Chicago with sneakerfiles...It'll get there...let us marinate for a bit

Originally Posted by ebayologist

Maybe it's the other way around and this is just the result. Maybe Chicago has no love for a %*!@%%! wack magazines and as a result Chicago gets no love back. Their editor and chief Steve, is the one who takes those mediocre at very best photographs that include as you even state yourself "posers imo". I'm lost as to why you would even want to be part of that...

And on top of that their photography blows %*!@%%! %+##, I feel for anyone involved in that, there are people in WDYWT that are far more talented photographers then the morons they have shooting for them. That whole magazine has such an amateurish aesthetic it's funny. I think the only reason Nike, Jordan Brand, etc mess with them is because its just free advertising, cost them nothing but a little time. It's far from a quality publication.

I don't think you understand my point...I'm not trying to take part in a photographic session posing in my J's...My point is that how are theygoing to go from 3 major cities & not even have Chicago involved in it??...Anything that relates to MJ & his shoes theres always a Chicagoconnection...and to not have Chicago represent is blasphemy... It seems to me you just hatin on their photography/magazine itself...go make something betterthen dude and make Chicago proud!

^So valid criticisms are hating? I just fail to see why you care about being part of something that's ultimately wack... You say so yourself some of thepeople photographed are posers, I'm still at a loss as to why you would want to be part of something involving posers. And more to the point I go togeneral click the photography tag and you'll find my photoseries that both pre-dates this horse !**+ and more importantly has so much more conceptual depthas side from being formally better photography that makes any comparison basically insulting.

The photography in that magazine is amateurish. That's a fact. Not hating, it's some @@*@#%# with a dslr and who probably learned all he knows fromtaking wdwyt pictures. It's amateurish, just a simple matter of fact.

honestly...its not that serious...i could care less...what i do hate is the fact that we didnt get a chance to be in that Air Force One event that all the eastcoast cities are in to vote the re release of an af1

^Agreed, because whether or not it ended up being a Air Force One I liked or more importantly was even able to get them at least there is some potential forquantifiable gain in the shoes themselves than more than likely would be some sick **$@. So ultimately I would agree Chicago gets overlooked sometimes, Idon't think the fact Chicago wasn't looked at in some ultimately "small potatoes" magazine is something to worry or be concerned with.

Originally Posted by haiti5

honestly...its not that serious...i could care less...what i do hate is the fact that we didnt get a chance to be in that Air Force One event that all the east coast cities are in to vote the re release of an af1
Can't express my disdain enough for this mishap.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom