Solo Beats by Dre brand new for $140. Worth it? Reviews? Feedback?

Bout to swoop these up at the Navy Exchange for cheap.Gettin the white ones to compliment my iPhone4 and iPad2.Any feedback or reviews on these headphones?

They're okay. I work at best buy, picked them up when they first came out. I've gone through a couple of pairs, my favorites were the white ones. 
Really though, people look douchy walking around in them. I don't even wear mine anymore after just seeing people walk around in them. But if you really want em, 140 doesn't sound like a bad price.

solo HD or the original solos? the original solos in white will turn brown. Also they aren't as durable to justify a $140 price tag. You can get the solo Hd's for 150

No. Beats By Dre's have a horrible life span and quality.

I have owned, as well as purchased as a gift for loved ones; a pair of Solo HD's, Solo (Regulars), In ear buds and Studio's (the big one's) and all have failed miserably due to NORMAL use.

I say pass for some Sony's or a pair of Klipsch if they are in the range that you are willing to spend.

Save your money fam.

I have them... great headphones. I bought them for $200 after tax at BestBuy and normally wouldn't spend that much on headphones but I'm glad I did.

For $140 I wouldn't hesitate.

My Solo Hd in red are still working , got them last christmas

pimp.gif

I had a pair I bought from BestBuy and they stopped working after ~15 wears. Wasn't even used heavily, 3-4 each day for 5 days a week at work.

Originally Posted by chandler608

My Solo Hd in red are still working , got them last christmas

pimp.gif

same here via the friends and family sale.  Also picked up the earbuds which got stuck in my ear.  They okay

Originally Posted by kelislafroy

people look douchy walking around in them. I don't even wear mine anymore after just seeing people walk around in them. But if you really want em, 140 doesn't sound like a bad price.

explain this reasoning

pick up the two year warranty dude. +!#%. I have a two year warranty on mine on anything that could happen to the headphones.

Originally Posted by BaltimoreGutta

^ I would guess the HD solos would have high definition sound but that's just a guess to be honest.

laugh.gif

AT LEAST, once a month this same question is asked around here.

These are straight buns yo.

You wear them to get looks from people and to compliment your fits
pimp.gif

140 dollar fashion accessory. 

Hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i would recommend some Audio Technicas instead but one side of my pair stopped working recently 
frown.gif

debating on whether to buy them again.

Recommend buying a warranty of you aren't gonna go with refurbished. I haven't had any problems with mine until I let my brother take them to the gym. Too lazy to exchange them for a new pair.

they seem like theyre just another poor quality over hyped item that is marketed like crazy.

also the fact that it is used as product placement EVERYWHERE, and i mean everywhere makes even think less of them.

even youtube stars getting paid to sport them.

nice hustle campaign by dre/iovine but you aint fooling me.

Thanks for the feedback.

They are the Solo HD. Im gonna end up swoopin em up. Got cash to throw around.

Some people have said durability is suspect but I'm really OC when it comes to my tech stuff. My white iPhone 4 is 7 months old and it still looks the same the day I got it.

Will be getting extended warranty.

Back
Top Bottom